This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's the Jak and daxter HD Collection?

#11Rebellian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 2:59:12 AM
It's me again and I got another somewhat on topic question; How Is the Ratchet and Clank HD Collection? I've been kind of Interested In getting Into the R&C games for awhile and I figured the HD Collection would be the best way to start. I literally dont know jack about the R&C games aside from hearing they're action/platformers like Jak & Daxter and that they got some pretty nutty weaponry.

Also I hate to turn this Into one of "those" threads, but If I could only get one collection for the time being, should I get Jak & Daxter or Ratchet & Clank?

On one hand R&C Is completely new to me and I have no Idea what to expect from It. On the other hand I hadnt played a J&D game In so long (I think since 06 or 07) that playing through the J&D collection would still feel fresh and new to me, even more so with It being In HD.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4685 - 6273 -6874
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvhuszfLpT1qauec3o1_250.gif
#12fadecaPosted 2/11/2013 3:13:21 AM
Ratchet & Clank collection is by far the best looking ps2 ports i've played, sometimes you forget your playing a last gen game, the gameplay is gun heavy (expect the first game, it has less emphasis on the gun play), you can just sit back, and just blow s*** up, its incredibly fun. The story and humor is also great. I think the games are better than Jak & Daxter, so i would recommend it.
#13ateballPosted 2/11/2013 3:26:56 AM
J&D series was one of my favorites from the PS2 gen and I absolutely adore Jak 2 and 3. Get them asap.

R&C was also another long time favorite and you can't go wrong there either.

Truthfully, I'm a little biased towards the Jak series because I loved it so much but I have almost equal feelings for Ratchet as well, so just flip a coin and let that be how you decide.
---
Now Playing: AC3, NBA2K13, WWE 13
PSN: 96VTECGSR XBL: KrimZon281
#14Rebellian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:46:56 PM
Well I flipped a coin as suggested and It says to get Ratchet and Clank, so I guess that's what I'm getting.
---
#15Merc123Posted 2/11/2013 2:11:34 PM
I had been wondering about this too. I only played a bit of the first game but from what i remember i liked it. Do you think i would like Jak 2 and 3 if i liked Jak 1.

I also played Daxter and ended up liking that one too, but not sure if that is anything like the others.
#16GazelMinistryPosted 2/11/2013 2:42:34 PM
Rebellian posted...
Well I flipped a coin as suggested and It says to get Ratchet and Clank, so I guess that's what I'm getting.

I hadn't played the games until getting the Collection, and I think the Ratchet and Clank games are fantastic. I highly recommend it.

I have the Jak and Daxter Collection as well, but have not yet played it.
---
I am a nontheist, a nihilist. And I'm sure god loves me anyway.
#17Rebellian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 2:48:32 PM
Merc123 posted...
I had been wondering about this too. I only played a bit of the first game but from what i remember i liked it. Do you think i would like Jak 2 and 3 if i liked Jak 1.

I also played Daxter and ended up liking that one too, but not sure if that is anything like the others.

Jak 2 and 3 are different from Jak 1. Jak 1 Is one of those "collect-a-thon" games like Super Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie, while Jak 2 and 3 are open world sandbox games with missions like Grand Theft Auto and their combat Is mostly centered around gun play although they still got platforming as a key gameplay element. I'd say If you played and liked Jak 1 and also like open world games, then you might like Jak 2 and 3.

I cant vouch for Daxter though, I never owned a PSP .
---
#18ateballPosted 2/12/2013 6:02:35 AM
Merc123 posted...

J&D is a different kind of monster compared to its sequels. Where as 2 and 3 are more mission based action adventure games mixed with a great deal of platforming, the original is mainly a pure platformer similar to games like Super Mario 64, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, DK64, etc.

Its a great game but I don't care for it as much as the sequels which I consider 2 of the best games of all time.

Daxter was a lot of fun too, definitely a must play. Its pretty much a hybrid of Jak 1 and the sequels since it involves a ton of platforming but also has weapon based gameplay
---
Now Playing: AC3, NBA2K13, WWE 13
PSN: 96VTECGSR XBL: KrimZon281
#19SaQu1BPosted 2/12/2013 6:16:23 AM
Jak 1 is the worst game in the series. It is literally a collecting items game.