This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your top 5 favorite playstation series and why (atleast a game must be on PS)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Your top 5 favorite playstation series and why (atleast a game must be on PS)

User Info: SlyCooper23

SlyCooper23
3 years ago#1
My overall favorites would have to be..
1: Metal Gear Solid, unbelievable series. I in all honesty care more about certain characters in this series than people I know in real life. Mesmirizing from start to finish.

2: Mass effect, I had ignored the series until roughly 8 months ago. I had a copy of Mass effect 1 on xbox from a friend, and never played it. My bestfriend convinced me to and WOW! Fell in love with the series and the characters. The ending to 3 in all honesty made me cry my eyes out. I was literally depressed for a few days. It was like losing a bestfriend. All in all, a unforgettable series.

3: Sly cooper: Got the first when I was younger. Thought the gameplay was pretty fun, soon followed with Band of Thieves and Honor among Thieves. Was chomping at the bit when I heard of Thieves in time. Was a bit worried about a new company handling it, but all my worries were blown away when I played it. My only complaint? Still getting used to the difference in detail on the character models. Last time we saw them was on a ps2 with alright graphics at the time. This series will always hold a special place in my heart.

4: Resident evil. I'll admit, 6 wasn't amazing. But it was good. 5 was probably the most fun co-op experience, and actually introduced me to a friend over xbox, who's now my closest friend, who'm I now consider family. The series has brought me unprecedented happiness and fun over the years. I may not entirely like the new direction of the series, but that doesn't change the amount of fun I had with it, specifically 2 and 4, which are two of my favorite games of all time.

Last, but not least.
5: Oddworld. I absolutely love the series. Despite all the numerous "WHAT THE ***********************" Bombs dropped over my maaany deaths in the "Abe" games, it's crazy fun. I hope and pray JustAddWater will make another Abe game. The mudokons, other than maybe the krogan, are my favorite in-game species. They may look unbelievably ugly, but are just adorable and hilarious. First time playing exoddus, i accidently smacked one of the depressed workers, as he hit himself in the head with a rock and killed himself while making a "eh eh eh eh" sound, I couldn't stop laughing. The way they sound and how unexpected it was, was probably the funniest moment in gaming for me.

Anyway, ending my wall of text. What's your top 5 favorite game series and why?
"We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''

User Info: RoyTheMadBoy

RoyTheMadBoy
3 years ago#2
5 - Silent Hill series

Silent Hill 1 and 2 were both amazing games but I found the series went downhill sharply after 3.

4 - Metal Gear Solid series

I enjoyed the series in general although I'm not that good at stealth games. Many great moments throughout the series.

3 - Gran Turismo series

Great games. I think GT5 is the best racing game I have ever played.

2 - Uncharted series

Some of the best games I have ever played. The first game is my favourite in the series.

1 - Elder Scrolls series

Oblivion and Skyrim are simply stunning. I have spent months on these games.

User Info: __starsnostars

__starsnostars
3 years ago#3
1 Disgaea
2 Persona
3 Yakuza
4 God of War
5 Metal Gear
That's our bones in the dust shining like the sun
We were golden We were golden We were golden

User Info: PHEEliNUX

PHEEliNUX
3 years ago#4
No order

Hyperdimension Neptunia
BlazBlue
Persona
Disgaea
Tales
PSN:PHEEliNUX

User Info: wstfld

wstfld
3 years ago#5
MGS
GTA
GOW
R&C
Uncharted
Last Played: DmC (8.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civ 5, DmC, SOTC HD, StarCraft 2

User Info: ARMs7777

ARMs7777
3 years ago#6
Wild ARMs
Final fantasy (before 12)
Valkyrie Profile
Star Ocean
Blazblue

User Info: Iamthekuzalol

Iamthekuzalol
3 years ago#7
MGS
RE
Suikoden
Star Ocean
DMC

Honorable mention : Uncharted, Grandia, Dragon Age

User Info: WickedXPhoenix

WickedXPhoenix
3 years ago#8
In no particular order:

Metal Gear
Crash Bandicoot
Grand Theft Auto
Gran Turismo
Assassin's Creed/Uncharted (couldn't pick between the two)

User Info: Grizzle1981

Grizzle1981
3 years ago#9
1. Tomb Raider
2. Batman: Arkham ...
3. God of War
4. Uncharted
5. Final Fantasy 7 (meaning FF7, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core)
This post is 100% opinion unless stated otherwise.

User Info: slymshady

slymshady
3 years ago#10
In no order (if we are talking strictly PS3)

1. Dead Space
2. Resident Evil
3. Uncharted
4. Resistance
5. God of War

Other games I like are PS3 are not really part of a series.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Your top 5 favorite playstation series and why (atleast a game must be on PS)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived