This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your top 5 favorite playstation series and why (atleast a game must be on PS)

#1SlyCooper23Posted 2/9/2013 1:47:54 AM(edited)
My overall favorites would have to be..
1: Metal Gear Solid, unbelievable series. I in all honesty care more about certain characters in this series than people I know in real life. Mesmirizing from start to finish.

2: Mass effect, I had ignored the series until roughly 8 months ago. I had a copy of Mass effect 1 on xbox from a friend, and never played it. My bestfriend convinced me to and WOW! Fell in love with the series and the characters. The ending to 3 in all honesty made me cry my eyes out. I was literally depressed for a few days. It was like losing a bestfriend. All in all, a unforgettable series.

3: Sly cooper: Got the first when I was younger. Thought the gameplay was pretty fun, soon followed with Band of Thieves and Honor among Thieves. Was chomping at the bit when I heard of Thieves in time. Was a bit worried about a new company handling it, but all my worries were blown away when I played it. My only complaint? Still getting used to the difference in detail on the character models. Last time we saw them was on a ps2 with alright graphics at the time. This series will always hold a special place in my heart.

4: Resident evil. I'll admit, 6 wasn't amazing. But it was good. 5 was probably the most fun co-op experience, and actually introduced me to a friend over xbox, who's now my closest friend, who'm I now consider family. The series has brought me unprecedented happiness and fun over the years. I may not entirely like the new direction of the series, but that doesn't change the amount of fun I had with it, specifically 2 and 4, which are two of my favorite games of all time.

Last, but not least.
5: Oddworld. I absolutely love the series. Despite all the numerous "WHAT THE ***********************" Bombs dropped over my maaany deaths in the "Abe" games, it's crazy fun. I hope and pray JustAddWater will make another Abe game. The mudokons, other than maybe the krogan, are my favorite in-game species. They may look unbelievably ugly, but are just adorable and hilarious. First time playing exoddus, i accidently smacked one of the depressed workers, as he hit himself in the head with a rock and killed himself while making a "eh eh eh eh" sound, I couldn't stop laughing. The way they sound and how unexpected it was, was probably the funniest moment in gaming for me.

Anyway, ending my wall of text. What's your top 5 favorite game series and why?
---
"We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''
#2RoyTheMadBoyPosted 2/9/2013 3:54:06 AM
5 - Silent Hill series

Silent Hill 1 and 2 were both amazing games but I found the series went downhill sharply after 3.

4 - Metal Gear Solid series

I enjoyed the series in general although I'm not that good at stealth games. Many great moments throughout the series.

3 - Gran Turismo series

Great games. I think GT5 is the best racing game I have ever played.

2 - Uncharted series

Some of the best games I have ever played. The first game is my favourite in the series.

1 - Elder Scrolls series

Oblivion and Skyrim are simply stunning. I have spent months on these games.
#3__starsnostarsPosted 2/9/2013 7:59:40 AM
1 Disgaea
2 Persona
3 Yakuza
4 God of War
5 Metal Gear
---
That's our bones in the dust shining like the sun
We were golden We were golden We were golden
#4PHEEliNUXPosted 2/9/2013 8:05:59 AM
No order

Hyperdimension Neptunia
BlazBlue
Persona
Disgaea
Tales
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#5wstfldPosted 2/9/2013 8:14:30 AM
MGS
GTA
GOW
R&C
Uncharted
---
Last Played: DmC (8.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civ 5, DmC, SOTC HD, StarCraft 2
#6ARMs7777Posted 2/9/2013 8:38:55 AM(edited)
Wild ARMs
Final fantasy (before 12)
Valkyrie Profile
Star Ocean
Blazblue
#7IamthekuzalolPosted 2/9/2013 8:53:05 AM
MGS
RE
Suikoden
Star Ocean
DMC

Honorable mention : Uncharted, Grandia, Dragon Age
#8WickedXPhoenixPosted 2/9/2013 5:02:43 PM
In no particular order:

Metal Gear
Crash Bandicoot
Grand Theft Auto
Gran Turismo
Assassin's Creed/Uncharted (couldn't pick between the two)
#9Grizzle1981Posted 2/9/2013 5:40:47 PM
1. Tomb Raider
2. Batman: Arkham ...
3. God of War
4. Uncharted
5. Final Fantasy 7 (meaning FF7, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core)
---
This post is 100% opinion unless stated otherwise.
#10slymshadyPosted 2/9/2013 5:44:44 PM
In no order (if we are talking strictly PS3)

1. Dead Space
2. Resident Evil
3. Uncharted
4. Resistance
5. God of War

Other games I like are PS3 are not really part of a series.