This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your top 5 favorite playstation series and why (atleast a game must be on PS)

#11Virus66Posted 2/9/2013 5:58:51 PM(edited)
Is it bad I had a hard time thinking of 5? A lot of the games I play are not PS series games.

1) Sly Cooper
2) Persona (Persona 3 actually, and wanted to play 4, but not buying a PSV for it)
3) LittleBigPlanet
4) Jak & Daxter (only played the first one)
5) Uncharted (They are good, but nothing really special aside from the cinematic experience)
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#12frater_davidPosted 2/9/2013 6:10:31 PM
It seems the "and why" has been lost on most posters....

1: SoulCalibur- My favorite game series ever I think. I have logged THOUSANDS of hours on these games, much to my wife's displeasure. My friends and I used to get together every weekend for a tournament but now that we all live far away we don't. We still hook up online sometimes for old fashioned head smacking sessions... with less alcohol now though.

2: Mega Man Legends- It's one of the only game series that I can play when I'm down and it makes me feel better. It's so fun, humorous and just has the 'IT' factor. Too bad about Legends 3 though....

3: Fallout- I have only played 3 and New Vegas but I am in love with the humor and settings of these games. I would like to go back and play FO1 & 2 someday when I get a better computer that doesn't crash when I open youtube.

4: Final Fantasy- I ran into these gems thanks to a Pizza Hut demo disc. I'm not sure why I like them, just that I do. It's a shame that the series has lost track of it's self after merging with Enix.

5: Resident Evil- I only picked up RE2 because my cousin claimed he was the master at these games and I wanted to prove him wrong. I did that, and still do to this day. But my interest in the series have gone from showing someone up to enjoyment, the RE games always keep me coming back and despite my minor distaste with RE6 I will still continue to pick up these titles.
#13SHAO-KhanPosted 2/9/2013 6:15:38 PM
1. Dynasty Warriors - originally a PS exclusive , with various ports after, the cast is amazing , gameplay is challenging and Koei REALLY knows how to please fans
2. Resident Evil - how not to love characters like Wesker and Jill
3. Tomb Raider - the puzzles , platforming and gunfights made the series shine , gotta love Lara
4 God of War - Kratos is brutal , his story is as epic, if not more than Homer's greek epics
5. Uncharted - the story and gunfights really make the series feel like indiana jones , the characters are really likeable
---
"If we're Evil or Divine , We're the Last in Line" - Ronnie James Dio
#14djmaster1994Posted 2/9/2013 8:51:09 PM
playstation series
I see third parties
which aren't playstation series
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!
#15AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/9/2013 8:58:38 PM
GTA.
Uncharted.
Red Dead Redemption.
Souls Series.
Assassin's Creed.
#16DarknessXSeekerPosted 2/9/2013 9:02:24 PM
1. Ratchet and Clank
2. Jak and Daxter
3. Sly Cooper
4. inFAMOUS
5. Assassin's Creed
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#17albanianx1Posted 2/9/2013 9:09:02 PM
Gran Turismo (P.D.) - because they make the best racing games ever. When a new Gran Turismo game comes out, I can't wait to give them my money.

Metal Gear Solid - Will buy when a new game comes out. Always...

Naughty Dog - I've enjoyed all their franchises since the original PlayStation. While I don't love them as much as Kojima/PD, it's usually a case of if they release a game, I am confident in them and will buy it.

Final Fantasy - Don't really care that it's 3rd party, I have identified similar to MGS as series that will show up on the PlayStation and I don't care if they're multi platform as long as it doesn't hurt the overall game because of that reason.

Legend of the Dragoon - It's one game but it's my favorite of all time. Reboot please, with a proper team and a proper budget. This game would be an epic action adventure game with RPG elements.
---
Bayern Munich is the strongest club in the world
PSN: eaglespirit