This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Topic for people who 100% support the ban on used games for future consoles

#11riddlebox89Posted 2/9/2013 3:46:28 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
killak posted...
to quote myself in the last topic, I just think it'd be awesome to never again see the words:

"i'm not supporting this dev, i'm buying used"

that alone, is worth the change.

Yeah i don't get that. I don't support devs who make games i do not enjoy by simply not buying their game. Otherwise I buy it and support them.

You're not supporting them, you're supporting the retailer, the retailer pays the publishers, we pay the retailers, every copy of every game is already paid for before they even put it on the shelves.

You're not supporting anyone but the retailer from buying new, and you're not hurting anyone at all from buying used.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#12riddlebox89Posted 2/9/2013 3:47:33 AM
killak posted...
riddlebox sure likes referring to people as children.

Got them on the brain, mate?

English translation: I have nothing relevant to add that gives further proof to the fact that I am nothing but a tool for supporting this, so I will resort to petty insults.
---
#13kcypher2000Posted 2/9/2013 3:50:33 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
killak posted...
to quote myself in the last topic, I just think it'd be awesome to never again see the words:

"i'm not supporting this dev, i'm buying used"

that alone, is worth the change.

Yeah i don't get that. I don't support devs who make games i do not enjoy by simply not buying their game. Otherwise I buy it and support them.

You're not supporting them, you're supporting the retailer, the retailer pays the publishers, we pay the retailers, every copy of every game is already paid for before they even put it on the shelves.

You're not supporting anyone but the retailer from buying new, and you're not hurting anyone at all from buying used.

You are delusional if you believe this. Who do you think the retailer pays genius? If you buy it used then that means that one person bought it new. Traded it in for less value, you are now paying the retailer again to be the second owner while the devs/publishers only get paid once. Oh my god i cant believe i had to explain that to someone.

You sir should be happy for destroying my faith in evolution.
#14killakPosted 2/9/2013 3:51:17 AM
English translation: I have nothing relevant to add that gives further proof to the fact that I am nothing but a tool for supporting this, so I will resort to petty insults.

Is that why you're resorting to petty insults, matey? Child, kid, tool? You seem to have an average of 2 of those per angry post.

You should read over your posts before you look foolish
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#15SophisticationPosted 2/9/2013 3:54:32 AM(edited)
Riddle, you're wrong about prices... a unified market would allow Sony/micro to be more flexible with their sales and prices. Publishers still set digital prices, retail outlets set their own. Suggested retail price means little when a unified market is at play... publishers could set their own sales and it would breed competition with other publishers.

Sales wouldn't be tweaked one day a week, but all through the week... it'd will be better and I, for one, hope dd is a reality with ps4.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#16kcypher2000Posted 2/9/2013 3:54:18 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
I agree. People stupid enough to think it will tank need to remember one simple thing. When NPD list game sales they only count NEW sales. Meaning that games like CoD will still have the same amount of millions of people willing to buy it new if not more since there would be no used option.

This means they reach their break even point on the game faster and can afford to drop the price quicker. Especially if this is Digital.

Also look at the PC market, phones and digital downloads that sell like crazy. There is no used market for them but they aren't suffering. If anything you see better sales on markets like steam and ios then you do for full retail titles which you can trade in.

Besides at the end o the day you have to ask yourself this, is it worth the price or not, if you don't think it is then wait for a price drop or stop gaming. When the next game comes out that you're a fan of i bet your warped morals would be pushed aside to play the game, if not, then you're not a gamer to begin with.

Anyone who agrees with this automatically gets their right to have an opinion on the subject revoked, you sir, now have no right to an opinion.

Lol, digital games drop price? Did you even read my post child? There are games that are quite a few years old on the PSN store that are still $60 when they're in store for half that, sometimes less than half, going all digital doesn't mean dick when it comes to price drops.

Phones, ipods, ipads and iphone games are irrelevant, they're not really games, they're just little two dollar hunks of trash people call games, oh, by the way, why aren't the people on the PC market complaining? Because if they can't buy it used, it's not that hard to pirate it.

Oh look, another tool who thinks "Either buy every game brand new or stop gaming." well lets see here...how about "Either buy that car new or stop driving." and "Either buy every book new or stop reading." There's absolutely no logic in that argument kid.

Sophistication posted...
Sophisticated gamers with sophisticated taste.

One thing which you are not, and another thing which you don't have.

I just read this and I am now convinced you have no clue what you are talking about. Games on ios aren't games? You obviously can't afford a smart phone. It has plenty of classics from psp, snes, and tons of other games that are great for its purpose, on the go gaming.

BTW you talk about PSN titles still being full price and I just think you have no clue how to look for a sale or any knowledge of how retail works. Its called clearancing old inventory kiddo. You don't need to worry about that on digital markets and they still have plenty of great sales. Look at all the crazy Steam sales then come back so i can laugh at your ignorance.
#17riddlebox89Posted 2/9/2013 3:54:40 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
You are delusional if you believe this. Who do you think the retailer pays genius? If you buy it used then that means that one person bought it new. Traded it in for less value, you are now paying the retailer again to be the second owner while the devs/publishers only get paid once. Oh my god i cant believe i had to explain that to someone.

By law publishers are not entitled to anything past the first purchase.

Which means, it doesn't matter how many times a game is bought and sold, the only purchase that they can legally claim profits from is the first one.

And did I not just say that the retailer pays the publisher? Maybe you need to learn to read, again.
---
#18kcypher2000Posted 2/9/2013 3:57:05 AM
Sophistication posted...
Riddle, you're wrong about prices... a unified market would allow Sony/micro to be more flexible with their sales and prices. Publishers still set digital prices, retail outlets set their own. Suggested retail price means little when a unified market is at play... publishers could set their own sales and it would breed competition with other publishers.

Sales wouldn't be tweaked one day a week, but all through the week... it'd will be better and I, for one, hope dd is a reality with ps4.

OMG i agree with you for once. But this is true, the market would be more dynamic and with lower shipping costs and costs of goods it would be easier to reach the break even point. Once you get to the break even point you can make huge price drops at intervals to increase sales through shear quantity.

PSN and Live do have plenty of sales on digital titles you just have to pay attention to them.
#19kingofall214Posted 2/9/2013 4:01:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#20kcypher2000Posted 2/9/2013 4:01:55 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...

By law publishers are not entitled to anything past the first purchase.

Which means, it doesn't matter how many times a game is bought and sold, the only purchase that they can legally claim profits from is the first one.

And did I not just say that the retailer pays the publisher? Maybe you need to learn to read, again.

Only once kiddo. They only pay the publisher once. Here is the puppet version for our intellectually challenged friends.

Transaction 1. Retailer buys from publisher.
Transaction 2. Retailer sells to consumer 1
Transaction 3. Consumer trades in to retailer for less value.
Transaction 4 . Retailer sells same game to consumer 2.

You notice who only gets paid once? PUBLISHER. This could continue with each trade in.

Oh and the gray market ruling does not apply to software in most countries except Germany so try again.