This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Topic for people who 100% support the ban on used games for future consoles

#291gamestar9999Posted 2/9/2013 7:08:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#292AncestralZeroPosted 2/9/2013 7:09:01 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
DragonisLeonhart posted...
Soooo I should be stuck with a game that I bought that turned out to be absolute trash, riddled with gamebreaking bugs and glitches, not to mention horrible gameplay? Right, okay.

So... Maybe you should grow some brain cells and do 15 minutes of research before buying. Honestly, what is wrong with you people? How do you not know what you like?

First hand experience is the best kind of research you know? And why do you feel the need to throw around insults? It isn't getting you you anywhere.
---
FC 5071 3611 7324 Mickey
CLONING/RC'ing------2580 4177 3237 http://tinyurl.com/AncestralZero ----shiny's and events.
#293TyrantLowKeyPosted 2/9/2013 7:14:15 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
I agree. People stupid enough to think it will tank need to remember one simple thing. When NPD list game sales they only count NEW sales. Meaning that games like CoD will still have the same amount of millions of people willing to buy it new if not more since there would be no used option.

This means they reach their break even point on the game faster and can afford to drop the price quicker. Especially if this is Digital.

Also look at the PC market, phones and digital downloads that sell like crazy. There is no used market for them but they aren't suffering. If anything you see better sales on markets like steam and ios then you do for full retail titles which you can trade in.

Besides at the end o the day you have to ask yourself this, is it worth the price or not, if you don't think it is then wait for a price drop or stop gaming. When the next game comes out that you're a fan of i bet your warped morals would be pushed aside to play the game, if not, then you're not a gamer to begin with.

Anyone who agrees with this automatically gets their right to have an opinion on the subject revoked, you sir, now have no right to an opinion.

Lol, digital games drop price? Did you even read my post child? There are games that are quite a few years old on the PSN store that are still $60 when they're in store for half that, sometimes less than half, going all digital doesn't mean dick when it comes to price drops.

Phones, ipods, ipads and iphone games are irrelevant, they're not really games, they're just little two dollar hunks of trash people call games, oh, by the way, why aren't the people on the PC market complaining? Because if they can't buy it used, it's not that hard to pirate it.

Oh look, another tool who thinks "Either buy every game brand new or stop gaming." well lets see here...how about "Either buy that car new or stop driving." and "Either buy every book new or stop reading." There's absolutely no logic in that argument kid.

Sophistication posted...
Sophisticated gamers with sophisticated taste.

One thing which you are not, and another thing which you don't have.

---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#294Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 7:14:31 PM
AncestralZero posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Soooo I should be stuck with a game that I bought that turned out to be absolute trash, riddled with gamebreaking bugs and glitches, not to mention horrible gameplay? Right, okay.

So... Maybe you should grow some brain cells and do 15 minutes of research before buying. Honestly, what is wrong with you people? How do you not know what you like?

First hand experience is the best kind of research you know? And why do you feel the need to throw around insults? It isn't getting you you anywhere.

Lol. Honestly if you can't make as insignificant of a decision as buying a videogame without failing you deserve to be insulted.
---
l'm Rip, l love gaming. Been gaming since SNES and this is my channel~
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeitgeistGamer?feature=mhee
#295DanteSInferno84Posted 2/9/2013 7:15:20 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
gangster4lifeyo posted...
Just buy a Wii U. Please don't support any companies dumb enough to ban used games (if it ever happens). Seriously one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard and can't believe there's even one person who thinks it's acceptable.

The people who think it's a good idea should stop buying used products of any kind. No used cars, no used books ( or library books), no garage sale items, no pawn shop items. You should never go to the food bank either even if you have no money because obviously people with no money don't deserve to eat and should find a different hobby....

Ummm, people without money don't deserve to eat. It's called survival of the fittest and the lack of this in modern society is why everything is going to ****. Also, I never buy anything used.

If kharma truely exists... one day a homeless person will jump you, eat half your face, and leave you for dead in an alley after stealing your wallet and marrying your left shoe.

Your lack of humanity is actually more horrible than your lack of business sense. Releasing something that only a certain amount of people can afford (which is where gameing is going with each step) eventually leaves you with only a fraction of the market, which is when you start to fail (See the auto-industry along with the housing market collapse for non-video game examples, and the great game crash of the late 70's and early 80's for video game example).

As I said in the last topic, with each post, you sound more and more like a Tea Party Republican, and thats statement can almost seal the deal despite your protests that your are not.

I mean, how badly raised were you, that you equate wanting to save money on a hobby to poor people deserving to curl up and die of starvation? I mean... if in your mindset, the people who are only deserving of a hobby or enjoyment of life are people who can buy name brand, buy everything brandnew from houses to cars, and wear only top name brand clothes... then your insistance of not being a troll before, go right out the window. You sir, are a troll in every definition (and your LPs need alot of work too)
#296DragonisLeonhartPosted 2/9/2013 7:15:26 PM
Still__Rippin posted...

Okay internet tough guy. If you knew what you were talking about, you'd realize reviews and such never tell the full story. To this day, Dynasty Warriors gets bad reviews, and yet I still find them fun as hell to play. Yet something like Madden 13 can get great reviews, and turns out to be possibly the worst football game I've ever played.

NBA 2K12 for example. Reviews were nothing but great. But once I bought it, it was riddled with slowdowns, glitches, and other funky stuff that was never mentioned in any review.

WWE 13 is another example. Gameplay was regarded as recycled, but a good Attitude Era storyline. Yet forums complained about numerous glitches. Glitches that, to this day, I have never gotten.

So why don't you put away your Comcast Bloods doorag, and know what you're talking about first.
---
Immortality isn't a gift. It's a responsibility.
#297Roris0APosted 2/9/2013 7:16:51 PM
The only people who will make more money off this are the publishers in the end. Most gamers don't know how little developers actually make off even a game that sells a million copies.

It's becuase Royalties in the gaming industry is setup where in the end Publishers get paid first and then some, leaving very little left for the developers. It's setup the same way that the music industry uses - an industry where it's obviously infinitely cheaper to produce their content. So most game developers live hand to mouth only making money off the salaries they get paid for actually making the game and not a penny for a copy of the game they created when its sold.

Banning used games will only result in less control for both the consumer and the developer. Because in the end by most statistics, it will be the publisher who will own the IP that the developer came up with.
#298Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 2/9/2013 7:18:14 PM
TC, if you can buy me $60 dolla rgames monthly, I wholeheartedly support this. Because I dont.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#299Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 7:19:57 PM
Still__Rippin posted...

Okay internet tough guy. If you knew what you were talking about, you'd realize reviews and such never tell the full story. To this day, Dynasty Warriors gets bad reviews, and yet I still find them fun as hell to play. Yet something like Madden 13 can get great reviews, and turns out to be possibly the worst football game I've ever played.

NBA 2K12 for example. Reviews were nothing but great. But once I bought it, it was riddled with slowdowns, glitches, and other funky stuff that was never mentioned in any review.

WWE 13 is another example. Gameplay was regarded as recycled, but a good Attitude Era storyline. Yet forums complained about numerous glitches. Glitches that, to this day, I have never gotten.

So why don't you put away your Comcast Bloods doorag, and know what you're talking about first.

Internet tough guy? What? Lol. Anyway, you know what's a great way to see how a game plays? Watch it. Damn near every game in existence has a full walkthrough on YouTube done by hundreds of different people. Seriously people, brains, use them.
---
l'm Rip, l love gaming. Been gaming since SNES and this is my channel~
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeitgeistGamer?feature=mhee
#300AncestralZeroPosted 2/9/2013 7:22:21 PM
Still__Rippin posted...

Internet tough guy? What? Lol. Anyway, you know what's a great way to see how a game plays? Watch it. Damn near every game in existence has a full walkthrough on YouTube done by hundreds of different people. Seriously people, brains, use them.

And once again, this is not first hand experience.
---
FC 5071 3611 7324 Mickey
CLONING/RC'ing------2580 4177 3237 http://tinyurl.com/AncestralZero ----shiny's and events.