This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Topic for people who 100% support the ban on used games for future consoles

#41kingofall214Posted 2/9/2013 5:51:34 AM
61degrees posted...
So what happens to all the used discs in the world?

Rumor says that you can sell it and if someone else want's to play it they will have to pay a fee.

If that isn't the case I guess it will go with other used disks that are useless like every 1 time use PC game, In the trash/recycleing bin
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#42kingofall214Posted 2/9/2013 5:52:47 AM
rwfan2c posted...
Casual gamers don't buy uncharted... killzone... infamous or motostorm...

They just don't. Hardcore gamers do. Casual gamers buy a system to play madden and cod... that's just that. Publishers aren't making jack spits off those forehead smacks unless madden and cod is in the title.

I Guarantee you most of publishers money is earned off Casual Gamers. they do not only play Madden and CoD. A Casual Gamer sits two rooms away from me as we speak. My girlfriend, who is currently playing Epic Mickey and was playing Sam and Max yesterday.

She is a Casual Gamer and she has 40ish games for the Wii and about 30 on for her XBOX. and they are not all CoD or Madden. in fact she hates football.

She is not a casual gamer if she has 40ish games.
---
#43gamestop27Posted 2/9/2013 5:53:39 AM
Topic for corporate apologists to engage in a circle jerk.
---
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~William Simms
#44jammiesPosted 2/9/2013 5:55:11 AM
If used games were ever banned on newer consoles, game prices won't drop below $40. Calling it now. Before you say it, no, I don't think consoles will ever have Steam-like pricing.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#45kingofall214Posted 2/9/2013 5:56:19 AM
gamestop27 posted...

Are you one of those people companies pay to say bad things about other companies or say good things about there company on message boards? Your screen name makes me believe that. You should of probably chose another one. I don't know how you can use the term "corporate apologists" when your screen names is a companies name.
---
#46rwfan2cPosted 2/9/2013 5:57:03 AM
She is not a casual gamer if she has 40ish games.

she is, she plays nothing a "Hardcore" gamer would play. She isn't all that great at any of the games. (Aside from 2D Platformers... i have no clue how but shes insane at those.)

And to be fair, i havent played Killzone, Uncharted (Even though it on my to play list), or infamous.

Oh and guess what im going to do? Borrow Uncharted from a friend. Something else i wouldnt be able to do if Used game bans were in place.
---
XBOX GT & PSN: thetimeofthe9
Currently Playing: Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed III, Tera
#47gangster4lifeyoPosted 2/9/2013 5:58:33 AM
Still__Rippin posted...
Supporting the ban on used games is not going to make the industry tank. It will empower the devs and give them the hard earned money they deserve. If games go this route l suspect a DD method will make out of print games still able to be bought and played. Perhaps lower initial prices and good sales like Steam will be there to compensate for no used games. Seems like a great idea to me.

Are we allowed to give examples of games with limited print runs in this thread? Do you know what an example is now?
#48riddlebox89Posted 2/9/2013 5:58:56 AM
kingofall214 posted...
gamestop27 posted...

Are you one of those people companies pay to say bad things about other companies or say good things about there company on message boards? Your screen name makes me believe that. You should of probably chose another one. I don't know how you can use the term "corporate apologists" when your screen names is a companies name.

ITP: A persons username is a very relevant argument.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#49kingofall214Posted 2/9/2013 5:59:00 AM
jammies posted...
If used games were ever banned on newer consoles, game prices won't drop below $40. Calling it now. Before you say it, no, I don't think consoles will ever have Steam-like pricing.

So you think a 2 year old sly game lets say will be able to compete with a stack of newly released games like lets say GTA,COD, Madden,Elder Scrolls game? You think they will keep trying to sell sly for $40 to $60 when no one is buying it because there are better games for the same price?
---
#50megamaticsPosted 2/9/2013 5:59:24 AM
I don't see any benefit that can come out of this other then the speculation of cheaper games. PC games have to be competitively priced because the piracy rate is so high .. and consoles don't have that issue.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics