This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Topic for people who 100% support the ban on used games for future consoles

#61mcranberry00Posted 2/9/2013 6:17:38 AM
I don't care. I buy all my games new anyway.
---
PSN ID: Irishnghtmare
"Kids in the backseats don't cause accidents, accidents in the backseat cause kids." - Someone philosophical
#62UniversquallPosted 2/9/2013 6:18:40 AM
How is this good for anything but casuals?
---
After the Fallout
#63kingofall214Posted 2/9/2013 6:20:32 AM
gangster4lifeyo posted...

If every time you licensed a game with Sony you get a free server spot for downloadable version of your game on psn no one would have to worry about limited prints. Persona 4 golden is supposedly hard to find because they only printed so many. I got it easy enough off of PSN because Atlus got a free server spot When they licensed the game with sony like every vita game gets.

Did Sony or Microsoft state that this would happen to guarantee that people can buy any game at any time? Did they state that DD will be more prevalent?

I just don't see how speculating about something like this is helping anything. It's just a weird discussion because nobody even knows if used games will be banned yet. In fact, PS4 and Xbox 720 haven't even been announced yet.

These are all just complete rumors. Sony and Microsoft aren't talking. No one knows. No matter what though I am willing to bet for Sony at least they are going to push DD no matter what and to do so they will have the same system set up as the vita's. Every physical game that a company gets a license from Sony will get a free Server spot curtesy of Sony and the publisher can set the price and change it easily.

The vita is really the 2nd best system to go all Digital next to PC. Heck sly just came out and the prices at retail are as follows

For physical

PS3 version $40
PSV version only $30

For DD

PS3 version I am not sure about.
PSV version 26.99

I got the vita version $3 off day 1 because I got the digital version. A lot of games have been doing this. Some games don't but again at the end of the day it's up to the publisher. Some are cheap asses like EA who didn't give any discount for Need For Speed Most wanted vita version and charged the full $40 but it's not as common as you would think.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#64rwfan2cPosted 2/9/2013 6:23:34 AM(edited)
i have a headache... i still dont get why people think used game ban is a good idea, and on that note.. i wash my hands of this topic. and any topic like it, until something is confirmed. I wash my hands of this weirdness... good day.
---
XBOX GT & PSN: thetimeofthe9
Currently Playing: Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed III, Tera
#65kenff6Posted 2/9/2013 6:23:50 AM
Nothing good can come from banning used games. Nothing. It's as simple as that. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.
#66jonnyram4000Posted 2/9/2013 6:24:52 AM
i have a headache... i still dont get why people think used game ban is a good idea, and on that note.. i wash my hands of this topic. and any topic like it, until something is confirmed. I was my hands of this weirdness... good day.

Just like i don't understand why people think used games is even needed unless your too poor to buy new.You don't have to buy every game asap the price will still drop as it ages.
---
3820 5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | 3way FTW670 4gb |Sammy 830 256gb SSD I sammy 1tb l Mobo ASUS Rampage IV Formula l ASUS PB278Ql PSU ST1500 l HD598 l HDTV PN51D8000
#67gangster4lifeyoPosted 2/9/2013 6:29:34 AM
jonnyram4000 posted...
i have a headache... i still dont get why people think used game ban is a good idea, and on that note.. i wash my hands of this topic. and any topic like it, until something is confirmed. I was my hands of this weirdness... good day.

Just like i don't understand why people think used games is even needed unless your too poor to buy new.You don't have to buy every game asap the price will still drop as it ages.

Why do people keep talking about prices only? What about limited print runs where games become impossible to find? Xenoblade was mentioned in another topic but ol' TC here kept saying that a Wii game had nothing to do with future consoles. Apparently people don't know what an example is.
#68UniversquallPosted 2/9/2013 6:29:35 AM
jonnyram4000 posted...

BS. You'd be risking never being able to play something. Pre-order every game coming out.
---
After the Fallout
#69kingofall214Posted 2/9/2013 6:30:40 AM
kenff6 posted...
Nothing good can come from banning used games. Nothing. It's as simple as that. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Go tell R* nothing good could come from re-releasing GTA 3 on Iphone for $7 because it can't be bought used. Same with ps2 classics, xbox, and steam DD. Then watch as they laugh at you.

Then go to any of the hundreds of thousands of people who bought those games and say "you can buy the game used for ps2 for a few bucks cheaper". Then watch as they laugh at you as well.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#70rwfan2cPosted 2/9/2013 6:32:38 AM(edited)

as i stated a million times to a million other people. I buy most of my games New, and most of them on release day. Mainly because i know what i like. i buy games Used that i dont care about or have a pretty decent idea that im going to hate it, but something intrigued me about it.

and also

There are games i have played that i would have NEVER played if i didn't randomly pick it up for really cheap at a gamestop buy 2 get 1 sale.

Call of Duty 4 is probably the biggest success story for me. I bought it on a whim with 2 other 30 dollar games so i got 3, 30 dollar games for 60 bucks. I would have never bought it otherwise. I played the multiplayer and loved it. I did not buy W@W but i did buy a hardened Edition of MW2 - 99.99 and a Hardened Edition of MW3 - 99.99 and a regular copy of both Black ops 59.99 and 59.99.

So long story short i may have bought that first one used which they didn't see any money for. But they got over 300 bucks from me retail because of it (That they wouldn't have gotten) and thats not including any DLC i bought for those games which was all of it for MW2 and MW3.
---
XBOX GT & PSN: thetimeofthe9
Currently Playing: Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed III, Tera