This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Topic for people who 100% support the ban on used games for future consoles

#71kingofall214Posted 2/9/2013 6:33:15 AM
gangster4lifeyo posted...
jonnyram4000 posted...
i have a headache... i still dont get why people think used game ban is a good idea, and on that note.. i wash my hands of this topic. and any topic like it, until something is confirmed. I was my hands of this weirdness... good day.

Just like i don't understand why people think used games is even needed unless your too poor to buy new.You don't have to buy every game asap the price will still drop as it ages.

Why do people keep talking about prices only? What about limited print runs where games become impossible to find? Xenoblade was mentioned in another topic but ol' TC here kept saying that a Wii game had nothing to do with future consoles. Apparently people don't know what an example is.

I answered your question about limited print runs.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#72kenff6Posted 2/9/2013 6:33:37 AM
kingofall214 posted...
kenff6 posted...
Nothing good can come from banning used games. Nothing. It's as simple as that. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Go tell R* nothing good could come from re-releasing GTA 3 on Iphone for $7 because it can't be bought used. Same with ps2 classics, xbox, and steam DD. Then watch as they laugh at you.

Then go to any of the hundreds of thousands of people who bought those games and say "you can buy the game used for ps2 for a few bucks cheaper". Then watch as they laugh at you as well.

I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to say here. Why are we talking about PS2 classics on PSN now? DD has nothing to do with banning used games.
#73gangster4lifeyoPosted 2/9/2013 6:36:26 AM
kingofall214 posted...
jonnyram4000 posted...
i have a headache... i still dont get why people think used game ban is a good idea, and on that note.. i wash my hands of this topic. and any topic like it, until something is confirmed. I was my hands of this weirdness... good day.

Just like i don't understand why people think used games is even needed unless your too poor to buy new.You don't have to buy every game asap the price will still drop as it ages.

Why do people keep talking about prices only? What about limited print runs where games become impossible to find? Xenoblade was mentioned in another topic but ol' TC here kept saying that a Wii game had nothing to do with future consoles. Apparently people don't know what an example is.

I don't remember you giving a legitimate answer at all. I just remember a couple people speculating that DD could possibly become more prevalent. It'd have to become a million time more prevalent in order to have EVERY game available at all times.
#74kingofall214Posted 2/9/2013 6:43:47 AM
rwfan2c posted...

as i stated a million times to a million other people. I buy most of my games New, and most of them on release day. Mainly because i know what i like. i buy games Used that i dont care about or have a pretty decent idea that im going to hate it, but something intrigued me about it.

and also

There are games i have played that i would have NEVER played if i didn't randomly pick it up for really cheap at a gamestop buy 2 get 1 sale.

Call of Duty 4 is probably the biggest success story for me. I bought it on a whim with 2 other 30 dollar games so i got 3, 30 dollar games for 60 bucks. I would have never bought it otherwise. I played the multiplayer and loved it. I did not buy W@W but i did buy a hardened Edition of MW2 - 99.99 and a Hardened Edition of MW3 - 99.99 and a regular copy of both Black ops 59.99 and 59.99.

So long story short i may have bought that first one used which they didn't see any money for. But they got over 300 bucks from me retail because of it (That they wouldn't have gotten) and thats not including any DLC i bought for those games which was all of it for MW2 and MW3.

Do you go and watch a movie in theaters knowing you aren't going to like it but maybe were interested because it had an actor you liked in it? Do you then go to the customer service desk and demand your money back when it was bad? Even a portion of it?

If publishers figure out a way to cut out the middle man and sell directly to you what makes you think you can play the game and if you don't like get your money back? Especially when you knew you wouldn't like it. You don't have a right to be able to get a game for cheap because you want to test run it.

And you shouldn't have played it then. Impulse buys shouldn't be a problem in this day and age. Companies aren't going to lose tons of cash so you can buy the game used at gamestop so you might one day buy one of there sequels new.

That's cool but seeing as COD is a major franchise they wouldn't give a single sh*t if you didn't buy a single game from them because they have millions of people on there list who they know will buy it no matter what. They don't care about or target impulse buyers. Game makers want to target a certain audience who prefers the genre of the game there making and establish a fan base. They don't crap out a game and throw it at the wall and see what sticks.
---
#75kingofall214Posted 2/9/2013 6:50:13 AM
kingofall214 posted...
jonnyram4000 posted...

I don't remember you giving a legitimate answer at all. I just remember a couple people speculating that DD could possibly become more prevalent. It'd have to become a million time more prevalent in order to have EVERY game available at all times.

Every game ever available for the system it was made for? Like the vita? Every single one. Not one vita game made physically is not available digitally. Why would it be hard to believe the ps4 won't do the same exact thing?

The only reason why it isn't like that on PS3 and PSP is becasue DD didn't become available until about half way through there life spans. And Sony can't offer a free DD spot for new game makers without seriously pissing of those who made a game before it was available and especially piss off those who had to buy a spot for there game. With a new system you can wipe the slate clean.
---
#76kingofall214Posted 2/9/2013 6:54:19 AM
kenff6 posted...
kingofall214 posted...
kenff6 posted...
Nothing good can come from banning used games. Nothing. It's as simple as that. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Go tell R* nothing good could come from re-releasing GTA 3 on Iphone for $7 because it can't be bought used. Same with ps2 classics, xbox, and steam DD. Then watch as they laugh at you.

Then go to any of the hundreds of thousands of people who bought those games and say "you can buy the game used for ps2 for a few bucks cheaper". Then watch as they laugh at you as well.

I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to say here. Why are we talking about PS2 classics on PSN now? DD has nothing to do with banning used games.

DD is a thing that a lot of companies use to break used games. Why do you think we don't have ps2 classics available for sale at stores that would work on ps3? Because no one wants too. It would create a used market and kill new software sales.

Why do you think some companies make a game DD only like say New Little Kings Story for vita? Because they didn't want used physical copies eating at sales.
---
#77JohnHitman47Posted 2/9/2013 6:54:27 AM
When consoles block used games i will quit console gaming and go back to pc, consoles games price drop due used games but with no used games those games will take months to price drop at least on steam they have some awesome sales.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#78kingofall214Posted 2/9/2013 6:56:49 AM
JohnHitman47 posted...
When consoles block used games i will quit console gaming and go back to pc, consoles games price drop due used games but with no used games those games will take months to price drop at least on steam they have some awesome sales.

"If consoles block used games I will go to PC which blocks used games"

Hmm yeah no one would care and if PC interests you and you can afford it you should do it any way. Better specs and great prices on steam alone would make it worthwhile. Unless you really love uncharted.
---
#79darkvoid2100Posted 2/9/2013 6:57:17 AM
i do
---
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3720/89106594.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxica6bXxW1qblc8xo1_250.gif http://tiny.cc/for8rw
#80HevEnbOy47Posted 2/9/2013 7:06:30 AM
Don't care what anyone will say.

I hate the idea and refuse to buy a console that blocks it, will just stay on pc if they do.

Sadly i know someone will reply to me and try and force there opinion on me.