This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

And now On to a Useful topic! (Hello im a recent XBOX convert)

#1rwfan2cPosted 2/9/2013 3:32:12 AM
There are alot of things im not a huge fan of with the PS3.

The Controller
The Mandatory Install
The Updates for some of the games...

just what i can think of off the top of my head. However, i just bought my first PS3 2 days ago and i'm actually liking it quite a bit.

I LOVE the auto updates that PS plus has available.
and loving Heavy Rain so far
also love free online MP

but thats not what this is about.
Im looking for suggestions for games that someone like me (Someone who never paid attention to PS3 games) wouldnt know about that are good.

I know about the Uncharted games and im looking forward to the Last of Us, but what else? Suggestions?
---
XBOX GT & PSN: thetimeofthe9
Currently Playing: Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed III, Tera
#2ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/9/2013 3:39:39 AM
rwfan2c posted...
There are alot of things im not a huge fan of with the PS3.

The Controller
The Mandatory Install
The Updates for some of the games...

just what i can think of off the top of my head. However, i just bought my first PS3 2 days ago and i'm actually liking it quite a bit.

I LOVE the auto updates that PS plus has available.
and loving Heavy Rain so far
also love free online MP

but thats not what this is about.
Im looking for suggestions for games that someone like me (Someone who never paid attention to PS3 games) wouldnt know about that are good.

I know about the Uncharted games and im looking forward to the Last of Us, but what else? Suggestions?

Demon's Souls. GET IT RIGHT NOW.
God of War series (HD editions)
Valkyria Chronicles
Tales of Graces f
Ni no Kuni

Also, you are weird for not liking the best controller ever made and mandatory installs!
#3Kaiser499Posted 2/9/2013 3:50:33 AM
God of War Series
Devil May Cry HD Collection
Heavenly Sword
Nier
Enslaved
Folklore
MLB The Show
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 & 2
Jak & Daxter Series
Sly Cooper Series
Little Big Planet
Modnation Racers
---
www.twitch.tv/kaiser499
#4rwfan2c(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 3:55:29 AM
MLB The Show

holy crap... i forgot about the show... last one i played was like 06 i think on the ps2 and loved it.

How is it now? I loved how in depth the game was.. and i generally dont even like Baseball. lol
---
#5Juvart24Posted 2/9/2013 4:49:37 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Also, you are weird for not liking the best controller ever made and mandatory installs!

I guess I'm weird too. I hate mandatory installs. I'm not a big fan of the controller the R2&L2 are way to sensitive if I just accidentally glaze the buttons the damn thing thinks I'm pushing the button. It can get really frustrating playing DCUO.I've been thinking of buying a adapter to use my 360 controller on my PS3.
---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
GT: Juvart24
#661degreesPosted 2/9/2013 4:53:40 AM
The controller is the best out of all the consoles imo. Its symmetrical just like my hands.

And yeah the installs are annoying, but its just the way it works..
#7PHEEliNUXPosted 2/9/2013 4:54:59 AM
Gamecube Controller> PS3
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#8rwfan2c(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:02:23 AM
Gamecube Controller> PS3

i agree.

However ill say the XBOX controller fits in my hands perfectly which is why i like it. I do have large hands though.

My biggest issue with the PS3 controller is the location of the left stick. it feels really awkwardly placed, and it feels like i have to reach my finger so far across the controller to run right.

However that all can be beacuse the first Sticks i ever used on a controller were the origional XBOX controllers. I never had a dual shock for the PS1 and i didnt get a PS2 till late in the generation.
---
#9Juvart24Posted 2/9/2013 5:04:41 AM
rwfan2c posted...
Gamecube Controller> PS3

i agree.

However ill say the XBOX controller fits in my hands perfectly which is why i like it. I do have large hands though.

My biggest issue with the PS3 controller is the location of the left stick. it feels really awkwardly placed, and it feels like i have to reach my finger so far across the controller to run right.

However that all can be beacuse the first Sticks i ever used on a controller were the origional XBOX controllers. I never had a dual shock for the PS1 and i didnt get a PS2 till late in the generation.

http://www.amazon.com/HDE%C2%AE-Xbox-Playstation-Controller-Adapter/dp/B007SO06O6 I been thinking of useing that the reviews seem good and the price is nice.
---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
GT: Juvart24
#1061degreesPosted 2/9/2013 5:06:09 AM
rwfan2c posted...
Gamecube Controller> PS3

i agree.

It's weird i dont have this problem. Some people hold the ps3 controllwr wrong believe it or not. Your fingers should not reach the middle on the back. They should just be on the handles. And i dunno why people think the stick is awkwardly placed.. it's symmetrical, just likes your hands. :)