This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

And now On to a Useful topic! (Hello im a recent XBOX convert)

#11PHEEliNUXPosted 2/9/2013 5:09:12 AM
You are just used to the Xbox360 controller, I had a problem playing on the GCN controller the first time because i'm used on the PS buttons layout however when i got used to it i didn't have problems with Xbox360 or PS3 controller again
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#12rwfan2c(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:09:37 AM
And yeah the installs are annoying, but its just the way it works..

and yea the installs aren't a huge deal for me... i did install any game i was planning on playing at length on the 360.. i'm just not a huge fan of being forced into things.
---
XBOX GT & PSN: thetimeofthe9
Currently Playing: Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed III, Tera
#13rwfan2c(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:12:34 AM
You are just used to the Xbox360 controller, I had a problem playing on the GCN controller the first time because i'm used on the PS buttons layout however when i got used to it i didn't have problems with Xbox360 or PS3 controller again

lol yea i know. but even going back to the PS1 i was never a huge fan of the design. like i said i have largeish hands and it just feels awkward.

i will agree that it will get better in time. However i am playing heavy rain right now. and im failing ALOT of the QTE's because i keep hitting the Square button everytime "X" pops up. x.x
---
#14PHEEliNUXPosted 2/9/2013 5:16:26 AM
I have large hands too >_> But after playing BlazBlue for a while i learned how not to press the wrong button :x
---
#15rwfan2c(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:19:19 AM
oh no.. hand size has nothing to do with me hitting Square for X.. thats just because the last game i played on the 360 was RE6 and well... QTE's and X is where the square is.. lol
---
#16PHEEliNUXPosted 2/9/2013 5:24:24 AM(edited)
BlazBlue is a fighting game... D-pad was hell to use when i first played the game, Also try iPhone's Keyboard with big hands... Makes me want to go back to the old Nokia phones

Edit:QTE? I only used the Xbox360 controller for PC
---
#17rwfan2c(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:25:12 AM
BlazBlue is a fighting game... D-pad was hell to use when i first played the game, Also try iPhone's Keyboard with big hands... Makes me want to go back to the old Nokia phones

lol oh i hear ya. i tried my buddies when he got his, main reason why i still use a slide phone with a keypad. Its still hard to type on but its better then the Iphone.. for me at least
---
#18rwfan2c(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:26:01 AM
QTE= Quick Time Events
---
#19PHEEliNUXPosted 2/9/2013 5:35:44 AM
Forgot to answer the main topic

rwfan2c posted...
There are alot of things im not a huge fan of with the PS3.

The Controller
The Mandatory Install Don't have any game with forced install but i played one when i was out with my friends, Frigging annoying
The Updates for some of the games... You can skip them but you will log off

just what i can think of off the top of my head. However, i just bought my first PS3 2 days ago and i'm actually liking it quite a bit.

I LOVE the auto updates that PS plus has available.
and loving Heavy Rain so far
also love free online MP

but thats not what this is about.
Im looking for suggestions for games that someone like me (Someone who never paid attention to PS3 games) wouldnt know about that are good. Specify a genre, You might want to give inFamous2 a try

I know about the Uncharted games and im looking forward to the Last of Us, but what else? Suggestions?

---
#20rswsc0407Posted 2/9/2013 5:39:48 AM
rwfan2c posted...
MLB The Show

holy crap... i forgot about the show... last one i played was like 06 i think on the ps2 and loved it.

How is it now? I loved how in depth the game was.. and i generally dont even like Baseball. lol

OMG, The Show is even more amazing than it was with the older ones. The switched up the way you get points for your RTTS player. It goes by how well you did during each at bat.

Say you got a 4 pitch strike out, you'd get like 2 or 3 points, but if you get like an 11 pitch at bat that results in a flyout, you'd get like 15 or 16 points.
---
Red Sox World Series Champions 2004 & 2007= My ID. PSN ID- rswsc0407