This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this Aliens: Colonial Marines video?

#31BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 2/9/2013 10:30:59 AM
Also, I'm a little confused on the co-op for this game - Is it 4 player story mode co-op? Or are there a different set of missions for co-op?
---
Intel i5-3570k | Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 | 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Corsair 500R | Corsair HX750 | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#32RafedxPosted 2/9/2013 10:35:32 AM
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
Also, I'm a little confused on the co-op for this game - Is it 4 player story mode co-op? Or are there a different set of missions for co-op?

2 player splitscreen or 4 player online coop, for the story. Think of how they did the story set up with Dead Island or Borderlands. You select a character to play as but you essentially have the other 3 characters with you at all times waiting for someone to join your game or pick up a controller and pop in. At least that's how I assume it is. lol

@Killak, Indeed it would be sale suicide. I am hoping the AI is smart enough so we can set up some ambush points for some Xenomorph on Weyland fights. lol Would be cool to weld a door shut trapping in a few of the Weyland soldiers only for the Xeno's to come out of the vents and **** them up. lol

The more I talk about this game the more and more I am pumped for it!
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#33BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 2/9/2013 10:38:35 AM
If it gets you more excited, I played the survival mode back in August, and was blown away by it.
---
Intel i5-3570k | Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 | 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Corsair 500R | Corsair HX750 | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#34RayconPosted 2/9/2013 10:38:49 AM
Rafedx posted...
killak posted...
i'm referring more to the game saying 'use the powerloader', and the guy wandering around saying "do I get any indication.....c'mon.....this is bulls***" when there's a bright yellow powerloader sitting right there.

But yeah, the human enemies is a bit of a bummer, but if alien 3 showed us anything, weyland yutani value the aliens.

Don't try to worry about the human enemies too much. AvP and AvP2 had them and it was still awesome. Having to worry about Weyland sending in some teams with some synthetics mixed up the fights a bit. You don't go after the humans with the same tactics as you would with the Xenomorphs. I just hope they are not to abundant and only specific sections.

The video was a good laugh for this morning.lol

Really? They had to ruin this one like AvP with more freaking human enemies?

Well talk about disappointing...
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#35RafedxPosted 2/9/2013 10:45:57 AM(edited)
Raycon posted...
Rafedx posted...
killak posted...
i'm referring more to the game saying 'use the powerloader', and the guy wandering around saying "do I get any indication.....c'mon.....this is bulls***" when there's a bright yellow powerloader sitting right there.

But yeah, the human enemies is a bit of a bummer, but if alien 3 showed us anything, weyland yutani value the aliens.

Don't try to worry about the human enemies too much. AvP and AvP2 had them and it was still awesome. Having to worry about Weyland sending in some teams with some synthetics mixed up the fights a bit. You don't go after the humans with the same tactics as you would with the Xenomorphs. I just hope they are not to abundant and only specific sections.

I am not sure if we are on the same train of thought or not, but I was not referring to the AvP game made recently for the consoles. I was referring to the old AvP games created only for the PC, just in case you thought I mean the newish one.

They sort of had to do it as you can play as an Alien or the Predators, but even being a Marine it was nice running into synthetics and Weyland soldiers as you had to change your tactics, all while worrying about any Xeno's crawling around the he walls or above you.

I don't like the console AvP game, but AvP and AvP2 are some of my favorite games of all time and they did human enemies pretty damn good as far as I am concerned.

@BIGGESTPS3FAN It did!! I am glad someone played it and thought it was good, makes me happier. lol I am going to have to add some of you Alien fans to my Flist when the game comes out. Nothing better then playing a good game based on a loved franchise with other fans of Alien.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#36BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 2/9/2013 10:49:46 AM
lol, yeah, it was great. Especially since the team was using quite a bit of tactics when playing. It might be annoying if there are griefers, though.

Feel free to add me. I am getting both the PS3 version and PC version, but I'm unsure on whether or not the PS3 version will be opened, since it's a collector's edition.
---
#37RayconPosted 2/9/2013 10:53:30 AM
Rafedx posted...
Raycon posted...
Rafedx posted...
killak posted...

I am not sure if we are on the same train of thought or not, but I was not referring to the AvP game made recently for the consoles. I was referring to the old AvP games created only for the PC, just in case you thought I mean the newish one.

They sort of had to do it as you can play as an Alien or the Predators, but even being a Marine it was nice running into synthetics and Weyland soldiers as you had to change your tactics, all while worrying about any Xeno's crawling around the he walls or above you.

I don't like the console AvP game, but AvP and AvP2 are some of my favorite games of all time and they did human enemies pretty damn good as far as I am concerned.

@BIGGESTPS3FAN It did!! I am glad someone played it and thought it was good, makes me happier. lol I am going to have to add some of you Alien fans to my Flist when the game comes out. Nothing better then playing a good game based on a loved franchise with other fans of Alien.

I LOVE the old PC AvP (1990?). Never played AvP2 though. But the biggest downside to ANY aliens game has always been human to human combat for me. As an alien or a predator, it makes perfect sense, but the marines should be fighting the monsters... not each other.

= /

I mean, who seriously buys an Aliens game to fight more humans? Who at Gearbox thought this would be a fun idea!?

>= (
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#38RafedxPosted 2/9/2013 11:05:10 AM
Raycon posted...
Rafedx posted...
Raycon posted...
Rafedx posted...
killak posted...

I LOVE the old PC AvP (1990?). Never played AvP2 though. But the biggest downside to ANY aliens game has always been human to human combat for me. As an alien or a predator, it makes perfect sense, but the marines should be fighting the monsters... not each other.

= /

I mean, who seriously buys an Aliens game to fight more humans? Who at Gearbox thought this would be a fun idea!?

>= (

Good to see another fan of the old AvP game for PC.

I always thought the human enemies would be a given as Weyland always has some secret agenda so they send in people to cause trouble and get what they want, which leads to human on human fighting. Even Burke in Aliens had an agenda and caused problems for the Marines.

In AvP2 basically the marines are in there to fix everything and the corporation is in there to bring back samples at any cost so you are faced with Xenos, Preds and the corporation. You are fighting mostly Xenomorphs but you do come across and get capture by the Corporation only to fight your way out, but there is also a contamination issue at the same time.

I can definitely see your concern and I hope the game still pans out for you, I also hope you are not fighting Human enemies for most of the game, I can see at the halfway point or specific missions and such, but not the entire way through.
---