This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: If the PS4 does not support used games, do reviews become more important?

#1NicodimusPosted 2/9/2013 6:18:58 AM
Well? - Results (61 votes)
A) Yes, if I can't resell any games, I will rely more heavily on reviews to avoid being stuck with a game I don't like.
29.51% (18 votes)
B) Maybe. If there is a playable demo, I might not need any reviews.
29.51% (18 votes)
C) No, I don't really pay attention to reviews even now so I'm unaffected..
40.98% (25 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just curious. If people would depend upon reviews more heavily, it would be more important that the reviews be honest.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#2Reginleif20Posted 2/9/2013 6:33:56 AM
You're better off with actual gamer feedback
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#3killakPosted 2/9/2013 6:41:24 AM
Nope. i know exactly what i'll like, and if it's worth buying
---
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"
#4JohnHitman47Posted 2/9/2013 6:41:58 AM
Reginleif20 posted...

I doubt that much of the gamers will tell you the game its awesome but in reality its crap, example MoH W and others i won't mention due blind fan boys here.

Oh i vote B or i just watch the game on youtube.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#5NuuTypePosted 2/9/2013 6:44:29 AM
killak posted...

this, I have an imagination
---
Probability of mission hiderance..zero percent
#6Juvart24Posted 2/9/2013 6:56:20 AM
NuuType posted...
killak posted...

this, I have an imagination

---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
GT: Juvart24
#7este914Posted 2/9/2013 7:44:06 AM
IF the used game thing does indeed happen, and you actually care about reviews, I would say you'll need to do a lot more research before purchasing in the future. Pay attention to actual gamer's reviews, someone who goes in depth in his\her review as to why something is good or not good. Soon, the IGN, etc. and other 'corporate' reviews won't mean squat because they'll most likely be biased and backed without any real credibility.
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#8wisdom_cubePosted 2/9/2013 8:01:45 AM
I think demo's / trials become more important.

Each game should allow you to play for a half hour to and hour before hand to let you get a feel for it.

Buying used games at a cheaper price could provide incentive for a gamer to try something out without the risk of wasting $60, if used games are blocked then you have no such luxury
---
thurs a partay in mai armer adn ur invit3d!1
2500k || Sapphire 7950 OC || P67-GD65 || 1TB HDD
#9kel25Posted 2/9/2013 8:13:56 AM
Reginleif20 posted...

I strongly disagree with this. Gamers have a tendency to say games are the greatest or the worst game they have ever played, even if they have never played the game. They rarely go into detail about what is good or bad about a game.

The problem with reviews is that most people don't read them but just skip to the score. By reading several reviews you can get a good idea of what people liked and didn't like about the game and can use that information to decide if the game is for you. A reviewer may ding a game's score for a feature you love or praise a game for something you hate. This is why you must read the review and ignore the score.

Of course, playing a demo is by far the best way to decide if you will like a game or not.