This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If I bought a capture HD box for PS3 would it work for PS4

#1jamieengPosted 2/9/2013 8:35:27 AM
Just wondering; I wanna spend 100 on this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/AVerMedia-Capture-C281-Gameplay-Real-time/dp/B005RKDI8E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1360424005&sr=8-3
But if I used it for just a year then it would be a bit of a waste of money. I'm wondering, will these PVRs work for next-gen consoles? I guess no one can be certain, but do you think a current PVR will be able to record PS4 gameplay?
#2CammyApplePosted 2/9/2013 8:37:21 AM
Depends on what they do to block devices. As it is many times the PS3 has issues recording via HDMI. So no one knows for sure about the PS4 yet.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#3Master_HapposaiPosted 2/9/2013 8:38:00 AM
It should if PS4 supports Component cables and a resolution of 1080P or lower.
#4jamieeng(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 8:40:30 AM
Master_Happosai posted...
It should if PS4 supports Component cables and a resolution of 1080P or lower.

Do you know if anything about this will be announced when announcements are made soon about the PS4? E.g. on the 20th, hopefully
#5steker16Posted 2/9/2013 8:48:57 AM(edited)
yes, a random gamefaqs poster has inside information from sony about what they will talk about on the 20th.

also there is no reason it should not work, i have a happauge PvR and all i'm expecting is some type of driver/software update to be needed. its not like they will be inventing some new kind of cable hook ups. the only way it could possibly not work is if they force HDMI only, but i dont think they would be that dumb. and even if they are, there are ways around HDCP, its just expensive
---
nomnomnom
#6jamieeng(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 8:53:13 AM
steker16 posted...
yes, a random gamefaqs poster has inside information from sony about what they will talk about on the 20th.

also there is no reason it should not work, i have a happauge PvR and all i'm expecting is some type of driver/software update to be needed. its not like they will be inventing some new kind of cable hook ups. the only way it could possibly not work is if they force HDMI only, but i dont think they would be that dumb. and even if they are, there are ways around HDCP, its just expensive

OK thanks for the help
#7MourningReignsPosted 2/9/2013 8:55:00 AM
If you buy an HD PVR from Hauppage, it will still work unless Sony decides to magically make a new type of wire that isn't HDMI or Component.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#8jamieeng(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 8:59:28 AM
MourningReigns posted...
If you buy an HD PVR from Hauppage, it will still work unless Sony decides to magically make a new type of wire that isn't HDMI or Component.

Can't get Hauppauge because I don't have computer near console

But I'll use component with this thing so I just hope PS4 works with component