This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My ps3 was on when i lost power...

#1bigdeezPosted 2/9/2013 9:59:10 AM
last night i was playing ps3 and the power went out. I turn the ps3 on today, and it says something like "ps3 system was turned off improperly and could have caused corruption, running some test if corruption is found will take 2-3 hours to correct" wtf does that mean? It did some check and i can play games now but is my hdd corrupt?
---
My top 5 games this gen
RDR - Dead Space 3 - MGS 4 - Fallout 3 - Bioshock
#2este914Posted 2/9/2013 10:10:03 AM
well can you turn on and use the system?
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#3bigdeez(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:21:37 AM
yes, im playing dead space 3 right now. seems fine but im a rookie when it comes to pc's. so idk if it is still affected or if its fried or if something else is fried in the ps3.
---
My top 5 games this gen
#4ExtremeLightPosted 2/9/2013 10:23:33 AM
bigdeez posted...
last night i was playing ps3 and the power went out. I turn the ps3 on today, and it says something like "ps3 system was turned off improperly and could have caused corruption, running some test if corruption is found will take 2-3 hours to correct" wtf does that mean? It did some check and i can play games now but is my hdd corrupt?

It mean like it just turned off unexpectly. Nothing is seriously wrong. It happen when you unplug while it's on or like a power outage. Your HDD is fine. When you get to that 2-3 hours screen just press O. I gotten that thing like 50 times and my PS3 slim is working just fine.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#5bigdeez(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:27:39 AM
i pressed X and it ran some check but it took no longer than 2 min and then went to the XMB so i assume im fine. but again im a computer newb
---
My top 5 games this gen
#6SDFan18Posted 2/9/2013 10:28:53 AM
It's fine, it says that anytime the console shuts down improperly. You'd only have to worry about data becoming corrupt if the PS3 was in the process of writing save data to the HDD at the time it abruptly got shutoff.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#7VigrimPosted 2/9/2013 10:29:28 AM
Wouldn't worry about it, It's happen to me a few times (got the message too) and nothing ever came of it
---
Currently Playing: Demon's Souls 2,Infamous 3,Street Fighter V,Suikoden 6,
#8bigdeez(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:26:23 AM
the game was on pause when it happened anyway
---
My top 5 games this gen
#9bigdeez(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:46:43 PM
damn it again wtf!!!! I wish the power would just stay off instead of coming on and off wtf
---
My top 5 games this gen