This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I make live commentaries for videos?

#1jamieengPosted 2/9/2013 9:56:57 AM
I want to make some live commentaries when I get a capture device. The only way that I can think of getting live commentaries during gameplay, is having a mic plugged into the computer whilst playing the game. However, my computer is not near my PS3. So I'd need the wire from my commentary mic stretching across the whole room to the computer.

Are there any other ways of getting live commentary?
#2jamieeng(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:06:46 AM
Anyone know
#3SDFan18Posted 2/9/2013 10:08:54 AM
Get a usb mic with a usb extension cable or buy a bluetooth adapter for your PC and record with a wireless bluetooth mic.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#4RafedxPosted 2/9/2013 10:16:46 AM(edited)
jamieeng posted...
I want to make some live commentaries when I get a capture device. The only way that I can think of getting live commentaries during gameplay, is having a mic plugged into the computer whilst playing the game. However, my computer is not near my PS3. So I'd need the wire from my commentary mic stretching across the whole room to the computer.

Are there any other ways of getting live commentary?

This might sound like a bizarre way to do this, but I made (long time ago) a video about the Jaws video game, just because I wanted to see if I could.

Basically I used a video camera to record me playing the game and pick up my audio which was good quality as it was right near me, at the same time I was using video capturing on a laptop to get the footage from the NES. After I was done I took both into Final Cut Pro and separated the footage and audio from the video camera. I put the sound file by itself into the footage I got of the game from the capture device.

So I combined the video of myself, with video from the capture device and put the sound file over top of it. It sounded really good, and looked really nice.

That was the easiest way for me to do it when I decided to start this on a whim. Otherwise I would have had to something similar to what you were talking about and that required me to have extensions for the Mic to the PC.

Or you could just record the stuff, take it into a video editing program and do some folly of your own while its playing.

I am sure someone out there has a way easier and better way to do this. lol Just giving my opinion on a easy quick way to get started, if you are missing extension cables or do not have wireless devices.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#5jamieeng(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:18:52 AM
SDFan18 posted...
Get a usb mic with a usb extension cable or buy a bluetooth adapter for your PC and record with a wireless bluetooth mic.

This could be an option. I have a Bluetooth mic. So I get this adapter and plug into into a USB port, and it just picks up what I say? But how do I start/stop it picking up my voice?
#6jamieeng(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:24:09 AM
jamieeng posted...
SDFan18 posted...

This could be an option. I have a Bluetooth mic. So I get this adapter and plug into into a USB port, and it just picks up what I say? But how do I start/stop it picking up my voice?
#7SDFan18Posted 2/9/2013 10:30:54 AM
You'd have to use something like the sound recorder that's built into windows. You'd have to get up and manually stop the recording but you can just use an audio wave program to cutout that little bit of excess audio of you walking out to the computer to stop the recording.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86