This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Survival horror needs to come back

#1Formertechno34Posted 2/9/2013 10:25:27 AM
Seriously.
---
Montreal Canadiens
#2ManinstagnatePosted 2/9/2013 10:29:55 AM
Survival horror never left it just evolved and you became desensitized and don't give me this BS that it became more action none of us would act like a tank If we are fighting for are lives.
#3AydarkzeroPosted 2/9/2013 10:30:57 AM
Maninstagnate posted...
Survival horror never left it just evolved and you became desensitized and don't give me this BS that it became more action none of us would act like a tank If we are fighting for are lives.

---
Change the world?, Sounds like Maverick talk to me!
#4true_gamer80Posted 2/9/2013 10:42:47 AM(edited)
Maninstagnate posted...

also I would like someone to not contradict themselves and explain what it means for a game to be survival horror...if anyone says a thing about guns etc dont make a survival horror game thn RE was never part of the genre, considering every game you were armed to the teeth and constanly shot and killed everything in your path pretty much but ppl like to ignore that when saying this or that game isnt survival horror cause you shoot things etc

survival horror- a game where you try to survive against the odds against horrifying events. Thats what the genre is, theres endless senarios that can be played out within this. People around here seem to have some preconcieved notion of what a game has to be like in order to be survival horror. You can have a game in the genre with not even a single "monster" and still be survival horror, you dont need a static cam, you dont need nonsensical puzzles, you dont need to be unarmed, yu can be armed to the teeth, the possibilities and scenarios possible are endless in the genre.

The preconcieved notion of what makes the genre by many is just silly and narrow minded. They latch onto a specific franchise and thnks every game should follow suit...this just isnt the case and shouldnt be at all.
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#5RayconPosted 2/9/2013 10:44:00 AM
Formertechno34 posted...
Seriously.

Survival horror is dead, my friend. Nobody wants to run away from enemies when you can blast them with shotguns and submachine guns...

Downpour was probably the most recent actual "survival" horror game, and if I remember right, it didn't do too well...
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#6Dark_SpiretPosted 2/9/2013 10:46:02 AM
survival horror is still around its just switched over to pc mainly.
#7Formertechno34(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:46:17 AM
Downpour lacked gameplay mechanics and wasn't all that good. There is still many survival horror video game fans out there and unfortunately it has become call of duty copy cats to satisfy the 13-19 year olds who only know about shooting guns and not the story behind a game.
---
Montreal Canadiens
#8true_gamer80Posted 2/9/2013 10:49:40 AM
you can blast them with shotguns and submachine guns...

you mean like in every RE or many many other games in the genre.....

like I said contradictions and preconcieved narrow minded notions on what makes a game in the genree lol
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#9thesnoopmeisterPosted 2/9/2013 10:49:52 AM
Formertechno34 posted...
Downpour lacked gameplay mechanics and wasn't all that good. There is still many survival horror video game fans out there and unfortunately it has become call of duty copy cats to satisfy the 13-19 year olds who only know about shooting guns and not the story behind a game.

Somebody needs a waambulance.
#10JohnHitman47Posted 2/9/2013 10:50:36 AM
In my book i put survival horror has a game that has limited resources that when you get in a area with monsters and you see 1 you think do i kill him? oh when a lot of monsters appears you say fu.. i have to get out of here and the games creates that tension of anything can come from anywhere i must be prepare.

A lot of horror games today are shoot that thing on the face or limbs and keep moving.

The gameplay of The last of us on the subway its what i think it must be survival horror, but this its just my opinion.
---
Love good shooters and horror.