This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bayonetta Sigma 2 should come to PS3 by next year

#11MelkaticoxPosted 2/9/2013 12:32:31 PM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Melkac posted...
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/bayonetta_2_and_the_wonderful_101_to_stay_wii_u_exclusive

Sorry, Hideki Kamija himself said Nintendo decides when and how those two games will be published. Platinum Games is not a publisher, and no other publisher will be able to finance those two games if they're owned by Nintendo...

Why not? It's not Bayonetta 2 is some million dollar budget title. Plenty of publishers would jump at the chance to publish Bayonetta 2. It's just that Nintendo got there first.

Well, that's what I said.
No other publisher will be able to finance those two games NOW (to be released on other consoles) that they're owned by Nintendo...

Good to hear. I don't think you guys need Bayonetta 2 (though after DmC, I understand why you want it...)
---
"Hello, mods? Why are you not deleting most of this board's trolls topics/messages, again?"
"This thread has been deleted because shut up"
#12UniversquallPosted 2/9/2013 12:33:47 PM
Shocked you'd even want it TC. Just skip it and see what the devs can do on next gen consoles with Bayonetta 3.
---
After the Fallout
#13SoliquidusPosted 2/9/2013 12:48:41 PM
Yeah, Bayo 2 should be able to make its way to PS3 and 360 in some form not too long after release on the Wii U.

I'm skeptical about it tho. Bayonetta is a fantastic game, but can we take a look at the track record of Games that started with Kamiya as the Visionary and Director?

Devil May Cry revolutionized and reinvigorated the Action Genre. Nothing had ever been seen like it before, and no game ever played like it. Truly one of the greatest Action Games of all time, from the mind of the genius known as Kamiya. What happened with Devil May Cry 2 tho? It paled in comparison in every way when stacked against its predecessor. Heck, even as a stand alone action game, it still sucked pretty hard.

Viewtiful Joe was also revolutionary, and simply is one of the greatest Action Games ever created. Kamiya shows that he truly is a genius once again. Forward to Viewtiful Joe 2, and the game just like Devil May Cry, pales in comparison to its predecessor. Viewtiful Joe 2 was still somewhat of a decent game, but it truly could not hold a candle to the Original in any manner.

Now we are here with Bayonetta 2. Kamiya is supervising the project yes, but i'm still skeptical about this. He has even said that there is nothing to worry about, and that he will be supervising the project very closely, yet I can't help but be skeptical. I just have a bad feeling about this. I mean, yes this is Platinum, but we have seen what happens when a series starts out with Kamiya as the Director and Visionary, and then it is handed off to someone else

Lastly, let us be real about something here. What about porting issues? It is no secret that Bayonetta runs much better on the 360, when compared to the PS3. Even with the patch and install, the PS3 Version still doesn't run as good as the 360 version. This is a solid fact here. PS3 doesn't handle ports very well. So what? We are going to get a gimpy version of Bayonetta again? Sigh. Well if that is the way it has to be, then so be it I guess. All that matters is that we get the game in some manner, but I can't help but be skeptical concerning the issues at hand
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#14plasticman13Posted 2/9/2013 12:56:38 PM
Lol... When pigs fly

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TVHhetnPA00/TZx7ymOWlTI/AAAAAAAAAHs/GQlWn6U_JLg/s1600/gk324_flying-pig-rgb-final_lr_web.jpg
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#15RaengPosted 2/9/2013 1:09:11 PM
Soliquidus posted...
Yeah, Bayo 2 should be able to make its way to PS3 and 360 in some form not too long after release on the Wii U.

I'm skeptical about it tho. Bayonetta is a fantastic game, but can we take a look at the track record of Games that started with Kamiya as the Visionary and Director?

Devil May Cry revolutionized and reinvigorated the Action Genre. Nothing had ever been seen like it before, and no game ever played like it. Truly one of the greatest Action Games of all time, from the mind of the genius known as Kamiya. What happened with Devil May Cry 2 tho? It paled in comparison in every way when stacked against its predecessor. Heck, even as a stand alone action game, it still sucked pretty hard.

Viewtiful Joe was also revolutionary, and simply is one of the greatest Action Games ever created. Kamiya shows that he truly is a genius once again. Forward to Viewtiful Joe 2, and the game just like Devil May Cry, pales in comparison to its predecessor. Viewtiful Joe 2 was still somewhat of a decent game, but it truly could not hold a candle to the Original in any manner.

Now we are here with Bayonetta 2. Kamiya is supervising the project yes, but i'm still skeptical about this. He has even said that there is nothing to worry about, and that he will be supervising the project very closely, yet I can't help but be skeptical. I just have a bad feeling about this. I mean, yes this is Platinum, but we have seen what happens when a series starts out with Kamiya as the Director and Visionary, and then it is handed off to someone else

Lastly, let us be real about something here. What about porting issues? It is no secret that Bayonetta runs much better on the 360, when compared to the PS3. Even with the patch and install, the PS3 Version still doesn't run as good as the 360 version. This is a solid fact here. PS3 doesn't handle ports very well. So what? We are going to get a gimpy version of Bayonetta again? Sigh. Well if that is the way it has to be, then so be it I guess. All that matters is that we get the game in some manner, but I can't help but be skeptical concerning the issues at hand

There is a lot wrong with this comment, most of it originating from a lack of information.
Don't blame you, just correcting:

> Kamiya and bad sequels
Kamiya's only DMC game was in fact DMC1, he had nothing to do with DMC2 or even 3 or 4 for that matter. He never even touched the project. Viewtiful Joe 2 indeed came from his hand and was inferior to VJ1, but still a great game.
He was also director for Resident Evil 2, one of the best sequels of all time. So in total he made one decent sequel and one amazing sequel; I'd call this reason to celebrate.

> Porting issues
Bayonetta's PS3 porting was outsourced and not done by Platinum Games themselves. Kamiya has since regretted this decision and all ports are now done inside Platinum Games themselves. Both Vanquish and Anarchy Reigns had great ports across the board and had nearly no differences across platforms. So if Bayonetta ever gets ported you can expect it to run more then smoothly on the PS3.

That said, I highly doubt they'll go multi-platform. I said this about NG3:RE as well, but Hayashi is a hack who just isn't loyal to anyone (including his fans). We'll see how it goes.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#16SoliquidusPosted 2/9/2013 2:04:03 PM(edited)
There was nothing wrong with my comment tho. You just misunderstood what I was trying to say, so I am just going to make myself clear here. I hope you know I'm not trying to be aggressive in any way. We are having a healthy discussion here, so that's great

Yes I know that Kamiya didn't direct DMC 2 or any other DMC. I also know the same with Viewtiful Joe 2. He only directed the Originals in both game series. That is the point I was trying to make. He was at the helm with the Original Games and was the true visionary behind both, then not at the helm of the sequels, and the sequels ended up either sucking, or just simply paling in comparison in every aspect.

He is the visionary behind Bayonetta. Not only did he write the Story, but he Directed and was responsible for quite a bit of what made the game special. Which is quite similar to his involvement with the Original DMC and VJ. He isn't at the helm with Bayo 2. He is supervising the project closely yes, but this is nowhere close to his involvement with the Original Bayonetta. Supervising and Directing are two completely different things. Especially when he is the Visionary of the Original to begin with. This is a cause for concern to me. If Kamiya isn't Directing the Game, then I can't be too confident about it

It is only natural to feel this way. Look at Star Wars and Disney now. Lucas will no longer be the Director of the Franchise he created or have any involvement, and many fans are more than a bit skeptical about this. In fact, it is downright scary to many that Lucas no longer is involved. A Star Wars movie that isn't directed by Lucas? The man responsible for the creating the world of Star Wars to begin with, and the man who Directed the Movies isn't involved anymore? The cause for concern is warranted, just like the situation with Bayonetta 2.

Yes there are those who wanted Lucas to give it a rest with Star Wars because they thought he was ruining the legacy of the Franchise, but it is undeniable that a large portion of the fanbase is skeptical about the future of the franchise, now that Lucas has let go of it. Whenever the Creator and Visionary of any form of media lets go of their creations, it becomes a cause for concern to many of the fans. Even when the Creator still has some sort of involvement, it is still a cause for concern. Being the Director and Creator of a project, is substantially different from other aspects of a creative process that warrant involvement. So it should be understandable that there is skepticism surrounding Bayonetta 2. There IS cause for concern in my opinion

Lastly, there are more than a few games that have inferior PS3 Ports. I applaud Kamiya for his stance on ports now and this is fantastic, but this doesn't change the fact that the PS3 has had its fair share of Ports that were most certainly inferior. Why does the PS3 have inferior ports? I guess we can ask John Carmack why

Oh and I honestly think Bayo 2 will come to PS3 and 360 at some point. I guess we will see what happens
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#17RaengPosted 2/9/2013 2:12:15 PM
Oh no offense taken, now that I reread your original post I see what you're going for. Though I'm pretty sure that Kamiya did direct VJ2, though I could be mistaken. But I understand your concerns now though.

Though I personally don't have that big a bond with Bayonetta (I personally prefer Ninja Gaiden and God Hand) I have a similar feeling towards Resident Evil and Vanquish. Both games/ series were helmed by Shinji Mikami, and when (now dead) rumors of a Vanquish 2 without Mikami came to light I slightly panicked. Though he laid down the foundation, without him it could only get worse in my opinion, instead of better.
I did laugh a bit at your Lucas comment considering he, from what I remember, only directed four Star Wars films (IV, I, II and III). Ironically the films I personally disliked the most, but that's a matter of personal-taste. I know what you're trying to say, so that's all that matters.

About ports; I get you and I do understand a bit where the porting goes wrong though it's a lot of technical mumbo jumbo that I just don't get. In a nutshell, the systems are just too radically different from each other to make quick ports possible. So either developers have to put in the extra time for a good port (as shown with all Platinum Games games since the Bayonetta disaster) or just do a quick port for extra money which results in less favorable results.
So it's part differences between the machines and human lazyness/ greed.

About the chance of a port. I'm split on what I want and think. I think it won't happen. What I want I'm not sure. I love Nintendo from the olden days and still treasure most of their known I.P.'s and I really want them to have a new exclusive series to make them shine brighter. But I also just want everyone to play a great game. Only time will tell though!
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#18ScarletSpidey1Posted 2/9/2013 2:28:46 PM
Games back by Nintendo that still haven't been port to any other system:
Resident Evil Zero
REmake
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes

So why would Bayonetta 2 be any different?
---
The Official Hero for Hire, Luke Cage. The Power Man of GameFaqs
#19SoliquidusPosted 2/9/2013 2:44:27 PM
I actually don't have that big of a bond with Bayonetta as well. I think the game is great, and I would love if the sequel stays as true to the Original as possible, but my connection with the game wasn't that much of a meaningful one. It didn't leave as big an impact on me as other Action Games This Gen, but again, the game is fantastic regardless

My fave Action Games This Gen are Sigma 2 and Vanquish. They are also 2 of my 10 Fave Games This Gen, and Sigma 2 is actually my 3rd Fave Game This Gen. Only to be beaten by Tekken: DRO and Tekken 6.

Vanquish made me an Uber Fan of Mikami. I had always liked him, but Vanquish made me adore the guy. A Vanquish 2 without him at the helm is frightening. Of all the Games I want to see a sequel to, Vanquish is actually of the Top 3. I NEED a sequel to Vanquish. I need that fast paced gameplay, and awe inspiring set pieces wrapped up in slick controls. I need that look, style and feel as well. Not to mention that I need some questions answered also. Such a huge cliffhanger at the end. So what exactly is the word in Vanquish 2 dude?

Itagaki and Ninja Gaiden is another example. I actually don't dislike Hayashi, and I think he is talented, but his direction with the series in NG 3 was a huge misstep. He is remedying some issues with Razors Edge and this a move in the right direction, but only Itagaki can truly bring back the series to its former glory I would say. I mean, I think Razors Edge looks great with what Team Ninja has remedied, but only Itagaki can truly set things right. I know I will enjoy RE tho

Lastly, I hope we hear something positive about Devils Third soon. That whole situation with THQ was disappointing, but THQ were chin deep in troubles. Sigh. If Devils Third doesn't see the light of day, I will be terribly disappointed. Itagaki style Action Games are deliciously subliminal in so many aspects
---
#20params7Posted 2/9/2013 3:02:14 PM
it'll come to other systems. First Wiiu has to flop which it will by the end of this year. Then Nintendo can discontinue it and they can port its games to ps4.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/params7
http://i35.tinypic.com/2qd27na.png