This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are Metal Gear Solid purists so foolish?

#1Excuse_MePosted 2/9/2013 11:17:23 AM
We have two Metal Gear "Solid"(Phantom Pain?) games coming out in the future. MGRR was confirmed to be a side story and not officially MGS5.

Raiden is a cyborg.

Why are Metal Gear Solid purists so foolish as to continue to complain about the game, when the MGS games are obviously not going to follow Metal Gear Rising in terms of gameplay? Hell the stealth in MGRR isn't anything special, but thats obvious because the combat seems to be the most focus. Raidens enhancements and body allow him to do a hell of a lot more against enemies compared to Big Boss and Snake. Making it focus on stealth would be stupid.

Raiden isn't even as horrible and whiny as his MGS2 self.
#2megamaticsPosted 2/9/2013 11:24:35 AM
They have a right to complain. You have a right to question their complaints...Not just throw them out.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#3mogar002Posted 2/9/2013 11:24:56 AM
Flopic
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#4janemba8888Posted 2/9/2013 11:26:26 AM(edited)
Just a whiny, idiotic fan base in general who don't use logic.
---
woosh
#5AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/9/2013 11:29:11 AM
janemba8888 posted...

That is not exclusive to them, every fanbase has foolish idiots. I'm not a MGS fanboys btw, I like the series though.
#6superbowl54Posted 2/9/2013 11:30:12 AM
janemba8888 posted...

sounds like Devil May Cry "fans"
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#7Dieselzone32450Posted 2/9/2013 11:35:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8rahmed51387Posted 2/9/2013 11:41:29 AM
Excuse_Me posted...
We have two Metal Gear "Solid"(Phantom Pain?) games coming out in the future. MGRR was confirmed to be a side story and not officially MGS5.

Raiden is a cyborg.

Why are Metal Gear Solid purists so foolish as to continue to complain about the game, when the MGS games are obviously not going to follow Metal Gear Rising in terms of gameplay? Hell the stealth in MGRR isn't anything special, but thats obvious because the combat seems to be the most focus. Raidens enhancements and body allow him to do a hell of a lot more against enemies compared to Big Boss and Snake. Making it focus on stealth would be stupid.

Raiden isn't even as horrible and whiny as his MGS2 self.

Public laziness is also to blame. The majority of the fanbase came in at MGS (as you noted). Most people shorten that to simply "Metal Gear". So then they automatically associate MGS to the stealth gameplay instead of the Metal Gear universe. Same mistake many people make when associating Dragonball --> Dragonball Z --> Dragonball GT.

And as crazy as this next part may sound, I preferred Raiden in MGS2 for the amount of knowledge he gains since that was his first ever field mission.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#9velvet_hammerPosted 2/9/2013 11:52:32 AM
mgr is cannon... and stop labeling everyone in one category.. ala why are mgs trolls so foolish?
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#10Godstriker8Posted 2/9/2013 11:59:58 AM
I'm thought people had gotten over this already.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!