This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are Metal Gear Solid purists so foolish?

#21yohabrohaPosted 2/9/2013 4:05:27 PM
i think metal gear solid fans are pretty low on the list of idiotic fanbases. MGS is a very intelligent and complex lore to grasp, and gameplay is always sophisticated.
---
PS3/XBL/SteamID: WillHungIs1337.
#22SlyCooper23Posted 2/9/2013 5:03:22 PM
yohabroha posted...
i think metal gear solid fans are pretty low on the list of idiotic fanbases. MGS is a very intelligent and complex lore to grasp, and gameplay is always sophisticated.

This. Every fan base has it's idiots. But overall MGS is probably one of my favorite communities. Other than the rising fan/trollbase, it's pretty great. Most of the community is helpful if you have questions about the plot or have ideas about speculating the next game. People just hate on MGR Because it's the polar opposite of everything Metal Gear has stood for. I personally won't be buying it (well, i'm still up in the air because it's metal gear), because i just don't like hack and slash games. While I don't like it, it's just a spinoff. Now if it was MGS5 and hack and slash, i'd be a little bit upset. For the most part, the people that are hating on it, just don't want anything changed in the series. I personally think it'll be a fun game to those who like hack and slash. While I may not buy it, you can guarantee i'll be reading up on all of it's story/plot.
---
"We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''
#23arstosPosted 2/9/2013 5:35:08 PM
Mgr is cannon, people may not enjoy the style of gameplay mgr offers, therefore they're forced to miss story (something a lot of metal gear fans hold to be very important), or play a game they don't like. I'm normally not a fan of hack and slash games but the demo wasn't too bad imo so I'll probably get it after the price drops
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, CS:GO, UTIII
#24Benny-26Posted 2/9/2013 7:00:37 PM
I'm against Rising for the very fact it's canon.

MGS4 ties everything up quite nicely, It doesn't need carrying on with a spin-off IMO.

The original Rising project that was set between MGS2 and MGS4 with Raiden was actually worth looking forward to. But someone somewhere ****** it up.
#25Skull007o_OPosted 2/9/2013 7:10:33 PM
Benny-26 posted...
I'm against Rising for the very fact it's canon.

MGS4 ties everything up quite nicely, It doesn't need carrying on with a spin-off IMO.

The original Rising project that was set between MGS2 and MGS4 with Raiden was actually worth looking forward to. But someone somewhere ****** it up.

Platinum. If I remember correctly, they agreed on reviving the Rising project IF they were to modify the story (I don't know why, though)

Whatever, at least in my point of view, it seems that all the hate there was at the beginning kinda calmed down by now. I, too, was pretty upset when they decided ot make a hack n' slash, but seeing the demo, and reading some of the additions (and features they decided to keep from MGS' roots) I'm really looking forward to the game.
#26TheGreatKakashiPosted 2/9/2013 7:16:05 PM
MGR looks like trash, & will be trash.
---
Third Company Captain: Hatake Kakashi
http://www.youtube.com/CopyingNinjaKakashi
#27BJ_KillPosted 2/9/2013 7:55:21 PM
There are people who actually think angsty robot ninja Raiden was an improvement?
---
PSN = Quiet024
#28Saintman32190Posted 2/9/2013 9:42:35 PM
Compared to whiny, incompetent, girly looking MGS2 Raiden who always gets into petty codec arguments with Rose? Yes.
#29Ninja4HPosted 2/9/2013 9:51:14 PM
I don't see MGS "Purists" as being a problem, it's the MGR fanboys who rip on the rest of the franchise who are the problem.

I'm a self-confessed MGS fanboy, but i'm not gonna trash Rising, nor have I trashed the Ac!d games in the past. To do so would be self defeating.
---
"Candy. Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy."
PSN - VoodooPimp138 {-} MGO - thelastninja
#30AznEDPosted 2/9/2013 10:04:12 PM
Ninja4H posted...
I don't see MGS "Purists" as being a problem, it's the MGR fanboys who rip on the rest of the franchise who are the problem.

I'm a self-confessed MGS fanboy, but i'm not gonna trash Rising, nor have I trashed the Ac!d games in the past. To do so would be self defeating.

1000 times this. I don't care whether or not Rising is cannon, the gameplay is just messy compared to Bayonetta.

YES I AM COMPARING IT TO BAYONETTA ALL OF YOU MORONIC RISING FANANTICS.

IT'S PLATINUM. THE SAME ******** TEAM THAT MADE BAYONETTA IS THE SAME ******* TEAM THAT MADE RISING. So yes, there will be comparisons. THEY'RE BOTH ACTION GAMES. GET OVER IT.
---
I'm a rich kid with issues, lots of issues ~Batman
If I ever let superman in charge again, just hit me, real hard