This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm sorry but Assassins Creed III

#41ExtremeLightPosted 2/9/2013 7:47:23 PM
3D3 posted...
is such a BAD game. I just want to break the disc for how bad it is.

Wow just wow. I thought AC3 was the best exploration-wise. Also second best story. The character was kinda boring and lack that Ezio's badassness. But overall a great game. Better than ACB in my book.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#42AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/9/2013 8:02:32 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
3D3 posted...
is such a BAD game. I just want to break the disc for how bad it is.

Wow just wow. I thought AC3 was the best exploration-wise. Also second best story. The character was kinda boring and lack that Ezio's badassness. But overall a great game. Better than ACB in my book.

Don't care, I play Assassin's Creed for the story, if one has a worse story than another then it's the worse game in my book. Adding hunting doesn't make it the 2nd best AC, especially when a 3 years old game like Red Dead Redemption does it better with more fluid animations and no retarded QTEs.
#43RoxasANobodyPosted 2/9/2013 11:30:40 PM
The problem with Ubi's open world games is that they don't know how to pace the player. Let's look at GTA, especially the fourth one. You're open to do whatever you want - side missions and all - but since there are limited amounts, you're essentially forced to progress the story. In Assassin's Creed III and Far Cry 3, you have objectives that are miles apart and take up hours to complete. By the time you're done capturing all the outposts [FC3] or getting all the feathers in the Frontier [AC III], you've taken up a good chunk of time and the narrative has been completely lost on you.

Once you jump back into the narrative, you suddenly remember, "Oh, this game has a plot, right." When I was playing FC3, I couldn't help but to cringe at the awful voice acting and the poor character development. The endings were poor only because the pacing was dreadful. You did so much on the island [assuming you captured all the outposts, did all the Rakyat challenges, etc.] that you forget that the narrative is actually unquestionably short.

While the gameplay aspects of Ubi's games don't need a rework, the way they write the story and pace the game needs a drastic overhaul.
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III
#44Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/9/2013 11:32:21 PM
anonymous46773 posted...
Sophistication posted...
It's ubi... when haw ubi ever made a good game? All their games are junk.

Beyond Good and Evil
Far Cry 3
Driver Francisco
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Rayman
Some Tom Clancy games
The Upcoming Watch Dogs

Those games suck with the expection of nvm they all suck.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#45DemonicDracoPosted 2/9/2013 11:35:43 PM
anonymous46773 posted...
Sophistication posted...
It's ubi... when haw ubi ever made a good game? All their games are junk.

Beyond Good and Evil
Far Cry 3
Driver Francisco
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Rayman
Some Tom Clancy games
The Upcoming Watch Dogs

guess thats a no.
---
Beauty is the only truth in this world.
#46anonymous46773Posted 2/10/2013 1:02:23 PM
Bad tastes etc etc
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#47goemon1977Posted 2/10/2013 1:07:08 PM
AC3 was my pick for biggest let down of the year, I was bored to tears after playing for two hours. The presentation was great, but other than that it just felt kind of dead.
---
Wii U ID goemon12677
#48theatrical_catPosted 2/10/2013 1:10:59 PM
DocDelicious posted...
albanianx1 posted...
What roots? Everything you can do in 1, is possible on 2.

Ever think that maybe the AC games were about the storytelling, characters and setting moreso than the gameplay and "lol sweet kills" for some people?
AC2, while it improved on the gameplay, it slacked on the setting, ruined the serious tone that AC began, and just didn't have the same feel that history buffs enjoyed so much in the original.

Hey, don't speak for me. I'm an amateur history buff myself, and i found 2 to be more satisfying in every way, especially story and characters.

And besides, it a game- other factors are important too, but first and foremost is the gameplay. If it improved on the gameplay, that's the best thing it could have done right.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.