This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Sleeping Dogs a game to keep or sell after finishing it? Also Rate it from 10

#1vr6exyvr6exyPosted 2/9/2013 2:37:28 PM
topic
#2MyPhantomilePosted 2/9/2013 2:45:54 PM
I've completed it on PC but I've never really found myself wanting to go back to finish it up. It's a great game though I feel they cut corners in some areas. I'd give it a solid 8/10. The story kept me engaged for the most part,and while the comat/gameplay wasn't great it did serve its purpose.

I suppose it depends on what type of gamer you are. I'm not a fan of GTA, but Sleeping Dogs offers less in the way of free-roaming fun as GTA does.
#3PHOENIXZEROPosted 2/9/2013 3:46:43 PM
Yeah, a strong 8, would be higher if there was more to do and the environment was more engaging... I played it on PC also and mainly for the story. Haven't been back and I think I even uninstalled it after finishing.
---
Search engines are awesome, you can find the answer to the question that's been asked a hundred times before in a manner of seconds, more people should try it.
#4Devilman_AmonPosted 2/9/2013 3:55:49 PM
Geez what open world games are you comparing it to because there's not much that offer a myriad of things to do outside of Yakuza 5 and Shenmue I&2...GTAIV sure as hell don't not even RDR, pretty much just act the fool in Saints Row the Third, certainly not much to do the Saboteur or Bully, L.A. Noire, Mafia II, The Godfather, and the cities are dead in Just Cause 2 so you're prone to just causing mayhem with your grappling hook, so whats left ...Deadly Premonition?
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#5huyiPosted 2/9/2013 3:56:55 PM(edited)
i give it a 7, although the main story was enjoyable, the weapon system was completely broken and it was kind of frustrating that you are forced to use melee all the time, the radio stations grew on me after a while and the car mechanics was not that bad, finding all the health shrines, lockboxes and other generic collectables was exactly that, generic, collectables are the worst thing in gaming, so annoying looking for them and it spoils the pace of the game.

the DLC didn't add much to the story at all, i found it quite boring and the story was forgettable after i finished it.
so overall, it doesn't exactly surpass yakuza but it's good enough, it's worth a look if you can find it cheap enough.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#6Bancario51Posted 2/9/2013 3:59:17 PM
good luck selling a digital copy TC
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#7AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/9/2013 4:07:52 PM
Yes.
Fun but not as good as GTA IV seeing it was released 4.5 years later, it's "better" technically but didn't really have any "wow" factor, guns physics are medicore at best, too. 7.5/10

Inb4GTAIVisboringbecauseitsrealistic.
#8Devilman_AmonPosted 2/9/2013 4:09:53 PM
AwesomePS3gamer posted...
Yes.
Fun but not as good as GTA IV seeing it was released 4.5 years later, it's "better" technically but didn't really have any "wow" factor, guns physics are medicore at best, too. 7.5/10

Inb4GTAIVisboringbecauseitsrealistic.

GTA IV was fun??
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#9MindGamingMantiPosted 2/9/2013 4:23:36 PM

+Batman-esque combat
+Good story
+Great driving mechanics
+Good gunplay
+Awesome open world with more interactive areas than GTA:IV
+Tons of side missions and collectibles

-Graphically, it is hardly superior to GTA:IV
-Radio stations barely vary, still better than GTA:IV
-Buggy at times

In my opinion, it's on par with Saints Row 3. The difference is that this game takes itself seriously in a good way.
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct."
#10crazyman32Posted 2/9/2013 4:23:43 PM
I give it a 8.5/10.I enjoyed the game and some of the dlc added replay value for me.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.