This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm starting to think assassins creed 3 was all hype...

#21iTossSaladsPosted 2/9/2013 11:43:59 PM
It's a good game.. better than Revelations but not better than the other AC games. The tutorial is WAY too long and the ending kind of sucked. The rest of the game was good though. I really loved the setting.
#22plasticman13Posted 2/9/2013 11:46:38 PM
It is a pretty disappointing game. The setting is amazing, but the story is pathetic, the gameplay is easy and more-or-less the same as previous games, the side-missions are pointless and integrated very poorly, and there is a lot of unnecessary open spaces with almost nothing to do in them but travel.
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#23StealthlysPosted 2/9/2013 11:49:26 PM
Yea, the hype always ruins everything.
#24kingofall214Posted 2/10/2013 12:06:34 AM
What exactly do you mean by hype? Was the game good? That's an opinion.

In my opinion it was good. Connor isn't as good as Ezio but I thought the setting was better than every other Assassin's Creed game. The gameplay was pretty much the same. The sea missions were an awesome addition. Overall it was a good Assassins Creed game.

Now I will say that if you have played any other Assassin Creed game with in the last 6 months before picking up AC3 then it's understandable to be burnt out. I definitely would recommend not playing all the games in a short amount of time. That's why I didn't like Revelations because I just finished Brotherhood and then jumped right to it. Not because the game was bad but just because I was burnt out.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#25Kage_AM2Posted 2/10/2013 12:11:39 AM
From what I hear they made the combat even more button masher oriented. I can't be wasting my time playing some scrub game for button mashers
#26Draconas_LyrrPosted 2/10/2013 12:17:13 AM
I loved 3..the setting change for one was awesome. I was getting tired of endless desert-ish environments. I thought the story was pretty good. Liked the ending. I had a little problem with the gameplay, such as the fact they took away reaching for ledges mid-jump, unless I missed something there.

But, all-in-all, I thought AC3 more than lived up to the hype for me, and everyone I've talked to/sold the game to thinks the same..
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#27kingofall214Posted 2/10/2013 12:21:34 AM
Kage_AM2 posted...
From what I hear they made the combat even more button masher oriented. I can't be wasting my time playing some scrub game for button mashers

You heard wrong. Button mashing will get you killed.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#28DuwstaiPosted 2/10/2013 12:42:07 AM
it completely dwarfs even Mass Effect in terms of story-telling, that is a fact.

Lol is this a joke?

I like AC but hell no
---
balls
#29AcquirePosted 2/10/2013 12:56:42 AM
The Ezio trilogy was great. Good story, gameplay, and characters. Big improvement over the first game. AC3 bizarrely did away with all of this. Bad story, characters, pacing, and setting. The naval battles were also a terrible addition.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#30AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/10/2013 1:13:36 AM
Duwstai posted...
it completely dwarfs even Mass Effect in terms of story-telling, that is a fact.

Lol is this a joke?

I like AC but hell no

No, it's not a joke. Mass Effect's story is highly overrated.