This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So the Final Fantasy VI PSONE classic. Really that bad?

#1duericPosted 2/9/2013 5:59:09 PM
I picked up FF Tactics and FFVII from the sale and was going to grab FFVI as well since I've never played it and only hear amazing things about it.

However, from a few skims of the internet, many people are complaining of "terrible" load times and such.

I watched a couple Youtube vids of the port and it looked fine. Though they really only showed the beginning of the game.

Do the load times get worse? Are they really as bad as people are saying?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#2AlltraPosted 2/9/2013 6:01:39 PM
It's not THAT bad, but there is an annoying delay any time you change screens, open a menu, or begin a battle. There's also some audio glitches and slowdown present. It's not game breaking, but it's noticeable. Your tolerance for those issues will determine how "Bad" it is.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#3MerisYakiPosted 2/9/2013 6:02:23 PM
No, Chrono Trigger is the awful ps1 version.
#4Virus66Posted 2/9/2013 6:02:58 PM
The thing that bothers me the most is that they don't use the modern name for all of the items and spells and such. It's expected since it's a PS1 game though...
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#5dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:03:23 PM
Alltra posted...
It's not THAT bad, but there is an annoying delay any time you change screens, open a menu, or begin a battle. There's also some audio glitches and slowdown present. It's not game breaking, but it's noticeable. Your tolerance for those issues will determine how "Bad" it is.

Considering I've never played it, and it's only $5, would you recommend it?

Keep in mind that I feel FFVII and FFT are fine. Is it worse than those?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#6AlltraPosted 2/9/2013 6:05:24 PM(edited)
Even Chrono Trigger really isn't that bad honestly. It's worse than FFVI, and MUCH worse than the Original and DS Versions, but it's still tolerable.

...and I'd say yes, it's worth it. I just wouldn't recommend this version over other versions that don't have these issues.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#7dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:08:36 PM
Alltra posted...
Even Chrono Trigger really isn't that bad honestly. It's worse than FFVI, and MUCH worse than the Original and DS Versions, but it's still tolerable.

...and I'd say yes, it's worth it. I just wouldn't recommend this version over other versions that don't have these issues.

Yeah. If I had a Wii I'd go that route. Unfortunately, PSN is my only choice.

Eh, I'm gunna chance it. Worst case scenario, I waste another $5 on a crappy downloadable game. Won't be the first time and certainly won't be the last. LOL
---
#8AlltraPosted 2/9/2013 6:10:04 PM
Final Fantasy VI is one of the best in the series, and at least in my opinion, the little flaws that the PSOne version have aren't bad enough to completely ruin that fact.
---
#9dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:13:30 PM
Alltra posted...
Final Fantasy VI is one of the best in the series, and at least in my opinion, the little flaws that the PSOne version have aren't bad enough to completely ruin that fact.

Yeah, that's what I keep hearing. Honestly, I'm pretty excited to check it out.

Can't believe I've never played it before and I consider myself an FF fanboy. LOL
---
#10frater_davidPosted 2/9/2013 6:15:33 PM
Pick up the GBA version.