This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So the Final Fantasy VI PSONE classic. Really that bad?

#11dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:17:43 PM
frater_david posted...
Pick up the GBA version.

dueric posted...
>Yeah. If I had a Wii I'd go that route. Unfortunately, PSN is my only choice.

---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#12frater_davidPosted 2/9/2013 5:20:03 PM
You can pick up a dirt cheap GBA, at my local game store they are going for $5 and FFVI:A is $10. Well worth it.
#13656stoogePosted 2/9/2013 5:20:58 PM
Grab it TC. Yes the delay got annoying, but you'll be missing out on an amazing game otherwise.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKk-9lPMQZ0
--Car boot and pigeon ****
#14dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:22:14 PM
frater_david posted...
You can pick up a dirt cheap GBA, at my local game store they are going for $5 and FFVI:A is $10. Well worth it.

Yeah. Two reasons why that's not good.

One, not a real big fan of handheld gaming.

Two, I wanna play it right now. LOL
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#15dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:24:05 PM
656stooge posted...
Grab it TC. Yes the delay got annoying, but you'll be missing out on an amazing game otherwise.

Already done.

Downloading it now.

BTW, probably a dumb question. But is there any way to just pay $4.99 or do it have to keep adding $5? I have 3 cents in my wallet now. LOL
---
#16frater_davidPosted 2/9/2013 5:25:28 PM
dueric posted...
frater_david posted...

Go for it then, it's one of the best ones but if you ever get the chance pick it up for the GBA: it makes the game so much better with post game content, more items, monsters, etc. IMO of course.
#17dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:28:47 PM
frater_david posted...
dueric posted...
frater_david posted...

Go for it then, it's one of the best ones but if you ever get the chance pick it up for the GBA: it makes the game so much better with post game content, more items, monsters, etc. IMO of course.

Nah. I believe you. If I liked handhelds more, I'd totally go for it.
---
#18656stoogePosted 2/9/2013 11:07:51 PM
Sorry to steal the topic for a bit TC, but how does the GBA version compare graphically? I've been buying up a bunch of handheld games lately, so I might keep an eye out for it. Playing Chrono Trigger on DS at the moment and loving it, so if it's as good as that then I'll be happy.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKk-9lPMQZ0
--Car boot and pigeon ****
#19frater_davidPosted 2/10/2013 6:27:15 AM
656stooge posted...
Sorry to steal the topic for a bit TC, but how does the GBA version compare graphically? I've been buying up a bunch of handheld games lately, so I might keep an eye out for it. Playing Chrono Trigger on DS at the moment and loving it, so if it's as good as that then I'll be happy.

I can't tell a difference. The only thing missing are the CGI cut scenes.
#20atma6Posted 2/10/2013 6:29:55 AM
The GBA version is the best version of the game. Unfortunately, all of the people who simply say to get it are a bit short sighted as GBA carts tend to be rare nowadays, and are usually not an option.

The PSN version of VI is the worst version of the game, keeping the bad first translation as well as having bugs. However, it isn't nearly as bad as Chrono Trigger for the PS1, which, in my opinion, is unplayable. If it is your only option, then go for it.
---
Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer
http://mistranslationformg.blogspot.com/