This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With all the trash they put on PSN

#1il_capitanoPosted 2/9/2013 6:04:52 PM
I don't understand why they can't give us some good titles that are missing, like Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue and Powerstone for example.

I mean everytime i check the store i rage, there's tens of useless titles(Kim Possible, DonaldD Quack Attack, to name 2), but they can't give us ports(even through basic emulation)of some great games.

Whats the reasoning behind it, do that crap really sell?
---
Farewell MGO, the first love will never be forgotten. 06/12/12
#2Eternal_StrikePosted 2/9/2013 6:08:04 PM
the problem is sony doesn't have rights to those games or most of the good ones ALL 3RD PARTY
#3_tanjil_Posted 2/9/2013 6:08:15 PM
to be fair.. the stuff we consider crap, are probably fun for the little kids they are intended for. It's up to devs and publishers to put of their old games as classics (assuming sony agrees)...isn't it? Or does Sony ask them for it?
#4il_capitano(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:10:19 PM
Well i mentioned 2 kids games, but there's also more mature trash games if you check, lots of them.
---
#5ShadianVisePosted 2/9/2013 6:15:40 PM
The only way a game will be produced is if there's demand for it. The crappy games sell at least moderately well for the time and money put into their development.
---
http://www.youtube.com/ShadianVise
TLoZ: Oracle of Ages playthrough in progress.
#6gangster4lifeyoPosted 2/9/2013 6:19:07 PM
I still don't understand why different regions have different games. Like apparently Shadow Hearts is on the Japanese PSN. How hard would it be to put Shadow Hearts on the NA PSN? The game is already in English so....
#7il_capitano(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:20:07 PM
I guess so.... but i still don't understand what's so hard about going to the developer and tell them: "look, we wanna put this on the store with a basic software emulation, it will cost you nothing and you will get a share of the profit".

Rant is over anyway. :)
---
#8califortunefadePosted 2/9/2013 8:27:01 PM
It's not the developer's choice. It's the publisher's. If the publisher doesn't see potential profit or demand, why would the spend the money to put it on the store?
---
The moon is glued to a picture of heaven
and all the little pigs have God.
#9mogar002Posted 2/9/2013 8:31:06 PM
califortunefade posted...
It's not the developer's choice. It's the publisher's. If the publisher doesn't see potential profit or demand, why would the spend the money to put it on the store?

Doubt the publisher for the Dora games saw profit in putting them on the PSN.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#10crazyman32Posted 2/9/2013 8:31:56 PM
califortunefade posted...

This and third party games are not in control of Sony obviously.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.