This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ridge Racer 7... where did all of the DLC go???

#1zeplin1180Posted 2/9/2013 6:16:00 PM
NOTE: i'm posting here because there's no one lurking on this game's board anymore and i'm therefore forced to ask here. i'll no doubt reach far more people this way too.

anyways, with that said...

so i finally gave in and bought a used copy (RR7) for $7 at GS the today thinking i would be able to go home download all of the free DLC found on the PSN store. after all, it was only what seems like a few weeks ago when i was browsing on the PSN store when i went to the RR7 game page to see if there were any DLC i could use once i had decided to finally buy the game. sure enough, i clicked on the "add on" button where it then took me to what was probably approx 20+ add on DLC options (cars, tracks, stickers, etc), all there to download for FREE/no cost!!!!

so after i came home with my pre-owned copy of the game today, i quickly booted up my PS3 so that i could sign into the PSN store, find ALL of the possible free content and download it before officially starting the game/my career.

what i found however was something different. from what i can remember, there ONLY use to be just the normal version of RR7 available for download. however now, there is the RR7 3D version up for sale for download. thinking the 2 versions were/are mostly the same, with the exception of the 3D capability, my only option was to click on the only available ver of the game (the newer 3D ver.) in hopes that all of the DLC add on content was still there to download for free, or otherwise.

well, as you might be thinking based on the title of my topic, there was no longer ANY DLC add on content available at all. the store use to show you the number of add on's below the picture of the game on the left side of the screen, but now the words "add on's" doesn't exist any more at all, anywhere!!! and i know for a fact that there once was a lot of DLC available... i searched through each one to find out what exactly each one consisted of.

i'm lost!! where did all of this extra content go and where can i obtain it?? i sure as HECK don't want to hear that Sony took all of the extra content down simply because they decided to for no other reason than the game being old.

maybe... could it be that the patch i downloaded when i first booted up the game automatically added in and or installed ALL of the previously available add on content? OR, is there a way to access this DLC through the game? if there's one thing i hate about video games it's playing a game knowing that there's a bunch of new/unused tracks/cars (other DLC) out there somewhere in cyberspace that expands the game you're playing that i will no longer be able to access just... because!! i guess i should have just downloaded ALL of the DLC add on's a long time ago and stored them on my HDD to use someday knowing that i would eventually buy the game... which i did!

i hope all of this is pointless and that there never really was any extra content available to buy that is not already on the disc. because if that's the case, then i guess you/we can disregard everything i just said.

anyways, thanx to anyone in advance who can offer any help or advice, it is appreciated. ;)
#2VarronPosted 2/9/2013 6:28:21 PM
Shortened version: TC bought Ridge Racer 7 used, checked on the PSN store and realized the DLCs are missing.
---
PSN: Snippuh
#3RaymondPosted 2/9/2013 7:00:34 PM(edited)
Why the hell do you need a wall of text for something that could be explained in 2 sentences?

No one cares about your life story.
---
Spoiler is plot element, not your ignorance.
#4huyiPosted 2/9/2013 8:15:36 PM
hmm that is strange, why would they remove it? i have all of the DLC on my download list so they should be still there although it would take me a while to search for them as they are so old.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#5zeplin1180(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 9:11:46 PM
^^^
thanx for the reply. could you by chance go back to your download list and tell me how many courses and cars there were available for download way back when? your help is appreciated.

as for the 2 others, the real question is... if you're both so butthurt about the length of my post, what brought you to read the entire thing AND post a pointless reply in the first place?

if you don't want to read a longer than usual post, here's a thought... then don't read it, let alone reply to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

other than that, get the hell out of my topic and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
#6king_maddenPosted 2/9/2013 9:17:57 PM
theres a door in here?
#7huyiPosted 2/10/2013 6:08:30 AM(edited)
zeplin1180 posted...
^^^
thanx for the reply. could you by chance go back to your download list and tell me how many courses and cars there were available for download way back when? your help is appreciated.

as for the 2 others, the real question is... if you're both so butthurt about the length of my post, what brought you to read the entire thing AND post a pointless reply in the first place?

if you don't want to read a longer than usual post, here's a thought... then don't read it, let alone reply to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

other than that, get the hell out of my topic and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

i will be out all day today, i wont be able to acess my ps3 till late evening uk time, will update with a new post when i have the chance.

oh and i would suguest you use the ignore feature, its your best friend round here lol
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#8huyiPosted 2/10/2013 12:58:06 PM
ok, i can see that all the dlc for the original ridge racer 7 is gone but they are still on my download list (good thing i downloaded them when i did), in total there is 25 special racing events and 13 decal sets to download, i think what sony have done is merged all the content into the 3d version but they need to think about people who still have the original game on disc, do they really expect customers to cough up the money again to get back the content? i surely do not think so.

this just shows why having digital content is a bad idea, further on down the road most of the content on the ps store will be removed when the ps4 is more affordable and people jump ship to the ps4, then where will people who have invested so much money into dlc going to be left with when all they content that they have paid for will be non accessible? physical media will always be better than digital.
---
UK Female Gamer
#9RyuuHou25Posted 2/10/2013 1:15:07 PM
So, you saw it was all free and enough.....and you didn't add it to your download list at that time because.......??

FYI, anything you see free on the store for a game you may buy in the future, DL it and add it to your list, cancel it after it starts (if you can, otherwise just go and delete the game data it creates)

You never run into this problem then.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#10AnonUnknownPosted 2/10/2013 2:28:22 PM(edited)
3D patch has nothing to do with the DLC. And RR7 got both free and buyable DLC. The buyable content was a second full soundtrack.

But hey, thank goodness i've obtained them months ago. Still doesn't make any sense, though.

There's no need to start conspiracy theories for this, report the whole thing in the official Playstation blog and forums, the support team via email, Bandai Namco itself, they'll deal with it. I remember Soul Calibur V getting a similar problem, some DLC couldn't be found but they were well hidden in other sections. Have you tried searching for all DLC in the full list of all existing content for ALL games?
---
PSN ID: Lance_87 (Now playing: Harmony of Despair)