This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I dont understand why people are against buying used

#1mistermikeymikePosted 2/9/2013 6:46:03 PM
Here game company. Take away my rights. It's important that I get less choices and variety.

I mean if you have a choice of having something and not having something, what's the logical solution?
---
So Damn Foxy.
#2Golden MavenPosted 2/9/2013 6:48:00 PM
mistermikeymike posted...
I mean if you have a choice of having something and not having something, what's the logical solution?

Let me reword your question - what's the ethical solution?
#3guineathewopPosted 2/9/2013 7:35:49 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Let me reword your question - what's the ethical solution?

Hahaha. How are ethics involved in any way whatsoever? This isn't a piracy conversation.
#4crazyman32Posted 2/9/2013 7:44:23 PM
I buy games new so,I don't really care about used games anyway.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#5BurgerTime79Posted 2/9/2013 7:57:35 PM
crazyman32 posted...

Then why are you even saying anything?

Blocking used games is only going to decrease sales in the long run. The people who buy just sports titles and trade in their older games will buy less games. Gamers who don't buy games at full price will just wait for sales or wait for the games to go down to $20. Games that go out of print will become unplayable for anyone who waited. Younger gamers who's parents rely on renting or buying used to save money will be gaming less.

Most of the people who are for the banning of used games can't see the whole picture. They see their side of the situation or only look at the company's side.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#6PStrifePosted 2/9/2013 8:01:03 PM
You do not want to see the implied hassles of such a protocol system. All this inevitably wastes more and more of your time, your time should be important to you when it comes to the entertainment experience.

This isn't waiting in a line, this is an experience you will have payed for. Every obstacle only makes for a more and more annoying experience. You are paying to receive more time wasting annoyances at the end of the day.
#7MINION21046Posted 2/9/2013 8:02:32 PM
i dont give a damn about game companies. they want you to cry for them like "oh poor us we dont have enough money in this multi billion dollar industry that even makes more money than hollywood!" boo hoo. these game companies need to stop thinking they are some holier than thou entity that stands above every other industry. i simply wont buy any system if it blocks used game period. and i dont care if these companies cry about used games cuz the simple fact was all those used games were bought new at one point and these companies are essentially crying and expect to get paid TWICE for the same game - thats what it all comes down to.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#8crazyman32Posted 2/9/2013 8:11:52 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
crazyman32 posted...

Blocking used games is only going to decrease sales in the long run. The people who buy just sports titles and trade in their older games will buy less games. Gamers who don't buy games at full price will just wait for sales or wait for the games to go down to $20. Games that go out of print will become unplayable for anyone who waited. Younger gamers who's parents rely on renting or buying used to save money will be gaming less.

Most of the people who are for the banning of used games can't see the whole picture. They see their side of the situation or only look at the company's side.

I am not for banning used games I just choose to buy new myself.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#9kuterPosted 2/9/2013 8:16:46 PM(edited)
BurgerTime79 posted...
crazyman32 posted...

Blocking used games is only going to decrease sales in the long run..

Tbh, i didn't read the rest of your text, cause used games doesn't count as sales, only new/shipped games are counted as sales, USED games on the other hand, gives the FULL amount to place like gamestop,microplay and all of the local store.

Example : Guy 1 buys Dead space 3 New 60$ (without tax) while that sales will go toward the devs maybe some amount of it to the seller, 1 week later he goes to sell it to gamestop, he gets 10-30$ (w/e is the price for certain return), Then the store will re-sell that same game as USED for probably 90% of the price and keep all the $.
#10Ninja4HPosted 2/9/2013 8:19:19 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
crazyman32 posted...

And renting/gifting games to friends? I'll usually pass off games to my friends when i'm done with them, or if I buy another version ie. GoTY editions. Kinda sucks if we can't do something as simple as that.
---
"Candy. Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy."
PSN - VoodooPimp138 {-} MGO - thelastninja