This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Next gen, would you like the option to hide, delete, and/or disable Trophies?

#1Bent 00Posted 2/9/2013 7:55:17 PM
Next gen, would you like the option to hide, delete, and/or disable Achievements and Trophies? - Results (706 votes)
Yes, all of those options would be convenient if implemented well.
53.26% (376 votes)
I only want the option to hide certain games in my Achievement/Trophy List.
14.73% (104 votes)
No, none of those options would be helpful to me.
32.01% (226 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Original poll here: http://www.wepolls.com/p/15044030/Next-gen%2C-would-you-like-the-option-to-hide%2C-delete%2C-and/or-disable-Achievements-and-Trophies

Ever wish you could remove certain games from your records, or at least hide them? Perhaps there's a game you played once, got a few Achievements/Trophies for, and never played again. Maybe there are some which are glitched, or require you to play an online mode which is long dead. Impossible or annoying Achievements/Trophies can keep you from getting that 100% completion rate, which is aggravating to completionists. Sometimes it's just easier to not bother with them at all. Here's how each option could work:

Hide - Earn Achievements/Trophies as normal, but those earned for games you have marked as "Hidden" will not appear in your records or count toward your completion rate or total gamerscore/Trophy count, unless you un-hide them.

Delete - Removes all of the Achievements/Trophies for a game from your records. A prompt would ask for your password, warn you that the Achievements/Trophies are not recoverable, and ask for confirmation twice before deletion. A confirmation request will be sent to your email. Depending on the game, you may need to delete your save file and start from scratch to re-earn Achievements/Trophies you have deleted. To make sure that your Achievements/Trophies are not deleted by accident or by someone else, they will not be completely erased until 30 days after email confirmation of deletion. You can recover any "deleted" Achievements/Trophies within that time. A reminder will be sent to your email notifying you of this recovery period.

Disable - No Achievements/Trophies will unlock for games with them set to "Disabled". Depending on the game, you may need to delete your save file and start from scratch to unlock Achievements/Trophies you earned while they were disabled. To make sure you don't have Achievements/Trophies disabled by mistake, a prompt will pop up and warn you whenever you start playing a game in which you have them disabled.
#2Golden MavenPosted 2/9/2013 7:56:10 PM
Whatever allows me to freely backup my saves.
#3MudbuttSanchezPosted 2/9/2013 7:57:11 PM
I just want the option to delete some trophies, that's it.
#4ShinXaguraPosted 2/9/2013 7:58:43 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Whatever allows me to freely backup my saves.

This
---
My life is Disgaea.
#5BurgerTime79Posted 2/9/2013 7:59:22 PM
Or people can stop freaking out so much over something so trivial and optional. Don't like trophies? You don't have to go after them. The fact that your list has a game at 0% or a game you don't want/own shouldn't be bothering you that much.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#6archizzyPosted 2/9/2013 8:01:35 PM
Nothing wrong with options.

Me personally I just wish they would tweak it a little bit. What I would like is the ability when comparing with friends to either do it just like the way it is now, or be able to switch to a view that only shows the games we have in common rather than scrolling through their entire list.

When someone has a ton of PSN/disc games it makes it cluttered.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#7Golden MavenPosted 2/9/2013 8:01:54 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
Or people can stop freaking out so much over something so trivial and optional. Don't like trophies? You don't have to go after them. The fact that your list has a game at 0% or a game you don't want/own shouldn't be bothering you that much.

What about save-copying restrictions? Another myopic teenager.
#8blackwaltz3Posted 2/9/2013 8:02:38 PM
I just wish I could delete 0% games.... Don't care about deleting anything else
---
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds
#9AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/9/2013 8:11:07 PM
Don't care. I'm not a trophy whore but even if I were, I wouldn't be desperate enough to play games like Hannah Montana or whatever, so I see no reason to hide anything. :/
#10Pharsti01Posted 2/9/2013 8:18:29 PM
Eh... i really dont care about them, so they dont bother me being there or not, but maybe itd be better to be able to disable them, some of them can pop up at annoying times depending on how immersed you get in a game.