This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Next gen, would you like the option to hide, delete, and/or disable Trophies?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Next gen, would you like the option to hide, delete, and/or disable Trophies?

User Info: Bent 00

Bent 00
3 years ago#121
531 votes.

Bent 00
3 years ago#122
536 votes.

User Info: bretnsid

bretnsid
3 years ago#123
I don't care either way - might as well give people the option though. The only strong opinion I have about trophies is that they should stop giving you the end game trophy at the beginning of the last cutscene of a game. I think Uncharted 1 and Max Payne do this....it kinda ruins the tension, because I don't want to know exactly when the game is ending!
Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns of the Patriots! (4/15/06)
Damn the Patriots! Sneak Out 6.12.08 - SNAAAAKE!

User Info: WrestlinFan

WrestlinFan
3 years ago#124
Quote:I want the option to get trophies again on a different playthrough.
AE=overrated. Edge/Undertaker is my favorite feud of the modern era, and perhaps of all time.

Bent 00
3 years ago#125
547 votes.

User Info: work_a_holic

work_a_holic
3 years ago#126
Still don't get why you would want to delete a trophy... Unless you have an obsession with hanna montana games and you don't want your friends to find out.

Bent 00
3 years ago#127
I 100% all of the games on my profile. My Trophy list is kinda like my resume; I only want it to include experience I'm proud of. To me, completing only 50% of a game feels like quitting a job midway through - not something to be proud of.

I used to enjoy going after Trophies, but now they mostly annoy me. If any of a games Trophies...

- Are ridiculously hard to get,
- Take a LOT of time to get,
- Are glitched or impossible to get,
- Require me to play online multiplayer, or
- Require buying overpriced DLC...

...but it's still a game I'd like to play, I'll just play it on a junk profile. It would be nice if I could just delete unwanted entries from my Trophy list instead, or simply disable Trophies for certain games.

Bad Trophies can turn gaming into work. I used to just play games for fun - now I've got a set of extra objectives (work) built into every game. If I don't finish one 100%, it mocks me silently. I know that no one else cares about the meaningless pixels in my Trophy list, but it nags at me anyway. It's probably mild OCD...

559 votes.

User Info: LenneValkirye

LenneValkirye
3 years ago#128
So many people with self-inflicted OCD in this topic.
By "self-inflicted" I mean a watered down version of the real disability that doesn't even qualify as a real problem, much like 90% of depression, anorexia and autism nowdays.

Bent 00
3 years ago#129
574 votes.

Bent 00
3 years ago#130
577 votes.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Next gen, would you like the option to hide, delete, and/or disable Trophies?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived