This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA/Bioware intimidated by Witcher 3 announcement

#21GoreGrossPosted 2/9/2013 11:18:02 PM
I too would love to see The Witcher 2 on PS4, despite already owning it on PC. While admirable, I don't think the 360 port did the game much justice.

That's partially why the idea of Witcher on Playstation turns me off.

I mean, that 360 version was amazing for what it was, but PC Witcher is obviously the ideal version. I would imagine, given their reluctance to develop for Playstation, that it might be worse than the Xbox version.

As a consumer, I'd have a lot more respect for Red if they didn't develop for PS3 at all than if they gave us the shortest end of the stick.
---
"whoa man all we are is dust in the wind 'nd stuff" - Iwantedzero
Black FC: 4642 1161 4125
#22VanderZooPosted 2/9/2013 11:37:28 PM
GoreGross posted...
GoreGross posted...
I don't follow how this is relevant to the PS3 board. Is Witcher 3 planned for PS3?

That would be stupid.

No, though it's assumed to be on PS4.

(People have yet to discover that there's already a PS4 board)

Ah, true. I guess they may have seen how dead it is.

Still, I think Witcher on Playstation at this point in the series would make no sense. At least with Mass Effect 2 we had a nifty comic and we knew Mass Effect 3 would be on PS3 as well.

Who knows what would happen with Witcher on Playstation. They've been so reluctant to develop for us.

It's not that they've been reluctant, they just haven't had the resources to make a PS3 game. And CDPR is already advertising the witcher 3 as 'the perfect starting point for new fans". It's clear they want, and they know, they're going to get a lot of first timers with this new instalment.

Anyway I doubt Bioware is worried, DA III will surely sell better than The Witcher 3.
---
necro00 - So she sounded really cute, and I saved her from dying a bunch of times, I messaged and talked to her for a few mins and she then blocked me wtf
#23656stoogePosted 2/10/2013 12:58:10 AM
EA should be worried. After playing The Witcher 2 I pretty much don't care what they choose to do with Bioware now though. They're dead to me now and I have a worthy replacement in CD Project Red.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKk-9lPMQZ0
--Car boot and pigeon ****
#24uthoria205Posted 2/10/2013 2:30:28 AM
They shouldn't be....The Witcher 2 wasnt anything special at all.
#25TheCyborgNinjaPosted 2/10/2013 2:59:08 AM
If DA3 will be anything like DA2 was, I'd even be worried about the next on-disc DLC laden Capcom title.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#26crazyman32Posted 2/10/2013 5:55:01 AM
I doubt EA cares much about Witcher 3.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#27thisranksPosted 2/10/2013 6:09:28 AM
fhsfootball74 posted...
The funny thing is Bioware's games will still outsell the Witcher even if they're bad.

Bad by whose standards? You have a right to think any game sucks by your standards. That is where it stops. You don't define standards for everyone else.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#28ViceGagaPosted 2/10/2013 6:11:39 AM
Shocker! Next thing you know they'll be buying them out because they can't compete..
---
Choose your last words, this is the last time, cuz you and I, we were born to die.
#29king_maddenPosted 2/10/2013 8:09:53 AM
thisranks posted...
fhsfootball74 posted...
The funny thing is Bioware's games will still outsell the Witcher even if they're bad.

Bad by whose standards? You have a right to think any game sucks by your standards. That is where it stops. You don't define standards for everyone else.

all he said was if it was bad, meaning even if its viewed as bad by people in general. why did you get so defensive.

stooge, you would rather have one good game over a good game and another game that might be good, why are people here so against options, they complain if a game doesnt have competition, but if they dnt like a dev or pub. then they dont want options, just the one game they THINK they will like.