This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Defective PS3 controller. Anything I can do?

#1AzurexNightmarePosted 2/9/2013 8:01:31 PM
Best buy won't take it because i didnt buy a protection plan (i bought this online on black friday) and sony wont because they say its cheaper just to buy a new controller than to fix one. Great. Am I really screwed? I didn't do anything to this controller and the O button just stopped working. :/ There is really NOTHING i can do but throw this away and buy a new one? Ugh...God damn it.

The only reason I bought this was because it was on sale...and now I just wasted my ****ing money.
---
PS3, Vita, 3DS. PSN: xLionhartx
Creator of the popular Ameno Sagiri and Friends
#2Thor61Posted 2/9/2013 8:02:57 PM
It happens brah. You have to buy a new one.
#3AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 8:04:01 PM
I bought it with the killzone HD collection - both for $40

I guess the Killzone HD collection is worth $40 on its own as it is...so it's not too much of a loss....sigh. :/ This blows....
---
#401Philip01Posted 2/9/2013 8:04:50 PM
First world problems
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#5ThePuddingManPosted 2/9/2013 8:06:03 PM
Buy a new one. Keep the receipt for it. Take the new one out of the package and put your broken one in it after cleaning the thing up really well. Return it with the receipt. Heck, at Walmart you wouldn't even need the receipt. If you still have the package and there's no Best Buy markings on it, just return it to Walmart without a receipt.. tell them you bought it last week and you just want to even exchange it for a new controller. Easy.
#6brycemorrPosted 2/9/2013 8:06:12 PM
Sadly all you can do is buy a new one. Sony is right it is cheaper and quicker to buy a new one then to have one fixed. I know from experience. 180 bucks to fix a 50 buck controller isnt worth it.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#7huyiPosted 2/9/2013 8:09:23 PM
don't you have a standard warranty for defects on the controller? sony shouldn't charge you to fix the controller if it's no fault of your own, something like that should definitely be covered by standard warranty, not sure how the law works in the US so it could be different.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#8jubjub360Posted 2/9/2013 8:10:19 PM
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/sony-warranty-ps3-controllers-total-scam-illegal-1002071/

This topic has the warranty for the controller. Go read it.
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:5~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#9AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 8:19:38 PM
01Philip01 posted...
First world problems

Added to ignore list, have a nice day.
---
#10VarronPosted 2/9/2013 8:21:42 PM
AzurexNightmare posted...
I bought it with the killzone HD collection - both for $40

I guess the Killzone HD collection is worth $40 on its own as it is...so it's not too much of a loss....sigh. :/ This blows....

Not that much of a loss then, but still sucks. Try selling it at Gamestop or something.
---
PSN: Snippuh