This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bargain Bin games or Used games?

#11kobalobasileusPosted 2/9/2013 11:51:30 PM
Both.
#12plasticman13Posted 2/9/2013 11:52:08 PM
Used. Craigslist.
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#13Kit_SakurazukaPosted 2/10/2013 12:59:55 AM
I'm not above taking advantage of Best Buy's clearance rack for new copies of games I'm interested in but unwilling to pay more than $9.99 for...but I only buy USED if the game is out of print and alternative means aren't readily available to me.

I avoid Gamestop entirely unless I have no choice (Xenoblade!) since I have my suspicions about the actual newness of their 'gutted' copies. If you have five copies of a game, why on earth would you gut all five and put them on the shelf for people to paw through?
---
Sony/Yaoi fangirl | Original voices only! | PSN: Elthara
Playing: Tales of Graces F UNDUB, Soul Calibur V (Leixia-main), Resonance of Fate second cycle.
#14BurgerTime79Posted 2/10/2013 1:08:29 AM(edited)
Do you think people just randomly grab a used game and then either deal with what they have, or cry about it after? In my entire history of buying used games, I have never once come home with a grime ridden case or disgusting manual. Maybe if you actually took the time to look, you'll find what you're looking for. The "factory smell" shouldn't even be a factor.

Also, had no idea the games you're interested in even made it to bargain bins.

Kit_Sakurazuka posted...
I avoid Gamestop entirely unless I have no choice (Xenoblade!) since I have my suspicions about the actual newness of their 'gutted' copies. If you have five copies of a game, why on earth would you gut all five and put them on the shelf for people to paw through?

Then *gasp* don't buy that particular copy. There's zero need to avoid them entirely simply because of that. Speak up, and tell them you refuse to purchase a game that's been opened. If enough people are speaking up, them maybe that particular store will stop opening so many copies. If there is another store in the area, they could even call over to them and see if they have the game sealed. People love to complain about this "issue" with Gamestop, and yet half of them likely have never dealt with it.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#15Kage_AM2Posted 2/10/2013 1:03:58 AM
I'd only buy used if it was a rare game that's impossible to buy new, like Shadow Hearts on PS2.
#16CronoGuyverPosted 2/10/2013 1:17:10 AM
New only. But there were few times where I bought used but only because it was impossible to get the game new or it was at a ridiculously overpriced price by the seller.
---
Those who come with a sword, will die by the sword.
#17megamaticsPosted 2/10/2013 1:34:43 AM
Bargin Bin is good but that pricing only arises when the game is re-released or devalued over time due to other competition.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#18blakbird13Posted 2/10/2013 1:50:13 AM
Both...