This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tales of Xillia region free?

#1CojiroseanPosted 2/9/2013 11:37:42 PM
Living in pal area is not great for releases, so I was wondering if I would be able to play the ntsc Tales of Xillia on my pal ps3 once it comes out in the us?

Otherwise I'll have to wait for them to translate it into 6 different languages, then import it into Australia where we all speak English anyway...
---
"Whoa, you sure you're speaking Japanese there Daichi?"
#2DoublesoubaPosted 2/9/2013 11:39:43 PM
PS3 isn't region locked (at least here in the US, and I doubt they would lock just PAL). So you can import any game and play it.
---
Fav Consoles: SNES, N64, PS2, PS3, 360, PS1, NES, XBOX, Dreamcast, Genesis, Saturn, Gameboy Color, GBA, PSP, 3DS, Vita.
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 2/9/2013 11:48:20 PM
As far as I know the only game that is region locked is Persona 4 Arena because Atlus is genius. Not.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#4Cojirosean(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:50:34 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
As far as I know the only game that is region locked is Persona 4 Arena because Atlus is genius. Not.

That was the other game that I was thinking about importing.

@#$% Atlus.
---
"Whoa, you sure you're speaking Japanese there Daichi?"
#5DoublesoubaPosted 2/9/2013 11:55:08 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...

I did not know this. The more you know right?
---
Fav Consoles: SNES, N64, PS2, PS3, 360, PS1, NES, XBOX, Dreamcast, Genesis, Saturn, Gameboy Color, GBA, PSP, 3DS, Vita.
#6Kit_SakurazukaPosted 2/10/2013 12:43:02 AM(edited)
DarkSymbiote posted...

:\ You say that like Atlus didn't have good reasons for the region locking.

Not NICE reasons (gouging the Japanese buyers for three times the price of the US disk), maybe, but I'm sure they know what they're doing as far as how much gamers in region X are willing to pay for a particular game.

To answer TC: It's very unlikely that Xillia will be region locked, since the only PS3 game to actually use the function did so specifically because the Japanese and US versions were released almost simultaniously at VERY different price points (due to how weak the USdollar is now). Obviously Xillia doesn't have that problem.

---
Sony/Yaoi fangirl | Original voices only! | PSN: Elthara
Playing: Tales of Graces F UNDUB, Soul Calibur V (Leixia-main), Resonance of Fate second cycle.
#7DarkSymbiotePosted 2/10/2013 2:40:17 AM
Atlus on P4: Arena region locking:

"This backlash forced Atlus USA to issue a press release, in which they state that because both the Japanese and US versions are virtually identical and with their release dates only weeks apart, a region lock was put in place by one of the higher ups in Japan in order to prevent reverse importation (as the price of games in the United States is cheaper than the price in Japan)."

Also, Persona 4 Arena hasn't even gotten a PAL release yet since Atlus is... genius.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#8IChangedMyNamePosted 2/10/2013 2:46:21 AM(edited)
Doublesouba posted...
PS3 isn't region locked (at least here in the US, and I doubt they would lock just PAL). So you can import any game and play it.

From what I've been told the ps3 is region locked or for better wording the option is there for developers to use but most don't use it.

Before you say anything, I'm just saying something I've been told myself before as well.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#9PHEEliNUXPosted 2/10/2013 2:56:53 AM
Namdai even though they are horrible, They are not Atlus
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#10Neoreloaded313Posted 2/10/2013 5:05:14 AM
Cojirosean posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

That was the other game that I was thinking about importing.

@#$% Atlus.

You can download it off PSN.
---
Trolls and ignorant people gets added to my ignore list.