This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen gameplay trailer

#41JusticeSwordPosted 2/11/2013 2:17:23 PM
If they kept the pawn system but implemented a borderlands type co op system, that could be potentially amazing, or potentially disastrous.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#42NicodimusPosted 2/12/2013 3:34:35 PM
Nicodimus posted...
it'll still be DD with pawns, but your pawns could be real people

Let me stop you right there.

-Real people would demand 75% of the loot in a party of 4.

-Real people would cut the experience by 75% in a party of 4.

-Real people would drop in and out of your group whenever it suited them.

-Real people would not stay with the group the way pawns do.

-Real people would make you wait. Waiting for them to turn in quests. Waiting for them to sell loot. Waiting for them to upgrade their gear. Waiting for them to run to the group. Waiting, waiting, and waiting.

-Real people would demand some kind of pre-determined class requirements so you didn't end up with 4 assassins and no mages.

The pawn system avoids almost all of these problems. Leave it the heck alone.

You must have some really crappy friends then..I've never had any of those issues playing multiplayer games with my friends. And if you're talking about randoms, everyone should know by now to not play with randoms.

I don't want to play with people at all. I play video games to escape other people. Let me have my single player game.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#43NicodimusPosted 2/12/2013 3:35:55 PM
umm just about EVERY game on the PS3 that has a campaign where youre not a single character (i.e you have an ai partner or partners) and you can choose to play that single player or have a person online control said partner (resident evil 5 and 6 for example).. and what about white knight chronicles 2?

Why are you bringing Resident Evil into this? We're talking about RPGs. Also, I wouldn't touch WKC2 with a 10-foot pole.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford