This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I count on your support for Tales of Xillia?

#61ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/11/2013 2:46:48 AM
Already supported it.
#62AlltraPosted 2/11/2013 2:48:05 AM
No.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#63YggdrasillePosted 2/11/2013 2:55:09 AM
Yes, I'll be getting it, though I want to get a European edition this time around >_< (after importing Graces F from USA and Vesperia from Japan).
---
Playing: Ni No Kuni, DOA5 (PS3), Dragon's Dogma (PS3), Tales of Vesperia (PS3), Persona 4 Golden; Waiting for: Naruto SUNS 3, Beyond: Two Souls, Tales of Xillia
#64XxHAVIC101xXPosted 2/11/2013 5:18:55 AM
immortaltech6 posted...
This is a pretty cheap and lame attempt at more sales and the trend has become annoying and childlike. NB and some other companies have been using this tactic more and more and it only gets across to the already established fanbase of the game or genre that keep up on the title development anyways.

How about YOU advertise the game in any sort of way? Maybe even have a marketing budget alongside the localization department? Just on the internet alone would suffice. You know, instead of relying on the fans to spread the word or make topics like this which have to be considered as a threat (against the future of their beloved genre, "you buy this game for us to consider future titles.")

*SMH*

Actually, the producer, Hideo Baba, has been very active in promoting and advertising Xillia. Several interviews, showcasing the game at conventions, stuff like that. Apparently the game's intro played at New York Times Square at some point. Based on his actions and his words in interviews, he clearly cares about the Tales fanbase everywhere and wants to do all he can to localize more of the games. The way he behaves he kind of seems like an enthusiastic fan of the series himself, instead of putting himself above us for being the producer. Kind of feels good when you know that the producer of something you like cares about the fans so much.
---
"I don't think we have time for this. Shouldn't we be focused on saving the world?"
-Asbel Lhant, side-questing in Tales of Graces.
#65Aarosmashguy27Posted 2/11/2013 5:33:51 AM
Day 1 if I can find it. Maybe I'll actually pre order something.
#66L0rdCrumpPosted 2/11/2013 6:37:34 AM
Day 1 buy.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#67Rennik RepotsirPosted 2/11/2013 6:40:38 AM
Yes. But I doubt it will be a day-1 purchase...
---
FREE BUMP!!!
The person above suffers from IAD.</post>
#68deadmarvPosted 2/11/2013 9:40:43 AM
Nope.
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.
#69BleuPosted 2/11/2013 11:03:15 AM
Will do, Hopefully this will make them localize more Tales games
---
PSN: ReinBleu2nd
#70RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:22:02 AM
Kit_Sakurazuka posted...
And no one said I refused to play the game, just that I refuse to purchase a copy that doesn't contain the original voices. It's not like the only options are 'play the English-localized release' and 'don't play at all'...Hell, Sony even went out of their way to make importing 100% legit and easy this gen, and muddling through a few games in Japanese can only improve my kanji skills.

If you refuse to support the English version of Tales of Xillia when it will come out this summer "because it doesn't have the original Japanese voices", you still won't be supporting the English version of Tales of Xillia when it will come out this summer, period.

Tales games never had dual audio... ever... So for the NA version, it's gonna be in English only. I know some RPGs have dual audio, like Xenoblade Chronicles, but those are rare... and Tales is not one of them.

The dubs of Tales games aren't perfect, but they're not as bad as other RPGs like Arc Rise Fantasia. Beside, Abyss, Vesperia and Graces had good casts, so what's the concern about Xillia's cast? It's not like we have 90s-quality dubbing, as we've gotten several good actors lately.

I mean come on, Troy Baker made Yuri Lowell sounds badass.
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.