This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does EA and activision have such a bad rap?

#1KojaxFXPosted 2/10/2013 7:38:09 AM
WHy?
#2ReloadedPosted 2/10/2013 7:54:27 AM
Activision talks about a lot of bad business practices, EA carries them out.
---
"When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."
#3thesnoopmeisterPosted 2/10/2013 8:01:48 AM
KojaxFX posted...
WHy?

Real life Boy Bratz.
#4king_maddenPosted 2/10/2013 8:02:16 AM
because EA offers optional content, and charges you for it if you choose to buy it, and people feel that because they didnt pay for what was often times less content 10 years ago, that they shouldnt have to pay for optional additional content now, gaming can be compared to every other industry in the used game debate, but not compared to any other when it comes to rising prices or going digital.
#5secondhand1Posted 2/10/2013 8:05:29 AM
king_madden posted...
because EA offers optional content, and charges you for it if you choose to buy it, and people feel that because they didnt pay for what was often times less content 10 years ago, that they shouldnt have to pay for optional additional content now, gaming can be compared to every other industry in the used game debate, but not compared to any other when it comes to rising prices or going digital.

Rational thought? Are you daft?
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#6king_maddenPosted 2/10/2013 8:11:16 AM
so you have nothing to add to the topic........ok.....wasted space.
#7true_gamer80Posted 2/10/2013 8:15:07 AM(edited)
Now EA like every other dev does reelease some poopy dlc however 90% of the time I see ppl hating on ea regarding either day one dlc or microtransactions, they seem to not realise ost of the time I see this hate, its usually always optional and usually alwys just time savers where what your getting can be eanred i ngame aswell. Of course t would take someone to actually play some of the games they hate on to realise this.

Aside from what I just said, mostof what I see being said about EA isnt just an EA thing, you cannot slam EA for dlc practices when other devs that are praised and praised do the exact same thing.
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#8wstfldPosted 2/10/2013 8:16:13 AM
They aren't Japanese.
---
Last Played: DmC (8.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civ 5, DmC, SOTC HD, StarCraft 2
#9BizzaroMurphyPosted 2/10/2013 8:18:42 AM
I think secondhand1 may have been saying that it was a rational thought and acting like it isn't welcome here. Then again, tone is hard to discern in text form.
---
Hooch is crazy.
#10thesnoopmeisterPosted 2/10/2013 8:20:09 AM
BizzaroMurphy posted...
I think secondhand1 may have been saying that it was a rational thought and acting like it isn't welcome here. Then again, tone is hard to discern in text form.

Yea thats what I thought,