This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just started playing Chrono Cross...... WOW!

#1xyxrxuxafraidxPosted 2/10/2013 9:39:51 AM
The environments look AMAZING, even now... I wonder how godly this looked back in the PS1 days. I'm also loving the music!

This game has potential to be as good as FF7..... let me beat it first and see.

For those who have beat it before, how long did it take? And how is it compared to FF9 and Xenogears ? Those games are also in my queue
---
METAL GEAR SOLID | HEAVY RAIN | FF7 | RE | ZOE | SF /fanboy
#2SpurnerPosted 2/10/2013 9:47:42 AM
The music is fantastic - some of the best in gaming history.

As for length, I don't recall an exact number, but it is lengthy as you have to play through multiple times to recruit everyone.
#3Impaired MedicPosted 2/10/2013 9:49:19 AM
It'll probably take you at least 80 hours if you try and complete everything before beating the game.
---
I eat stickers all the time, dude.
#4EvolvablePosted 2/10/2013 9:50:57 AM
Yes. The graphics (particularly the environments, as you point out) are really great. The music is some of the best in videogames. Amazing soundtrack.

For me, the problem with the game was (1) the story lost me at times. (2) lack of character development. We get to know 2-3 characters, but the other 90 don't matter at all.

Have fun with it though! Definitely a good game.
---
Final Fantasy Tactics...we need more RPG's with a serious tone/story/theme as it did...
#5Impaired MedicPosted 2/10/2013 9:51:13 AM
Also, once you get a star, try and max out your character's stats before progressing further to make the most out of them.
---
I eat stickers all the time, dude.
#6xyxrxuxafraidx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 9:51:44 AM
Impaired Medic posted...
It'll probably take you at least 80 hours if you try and complete everything before beating the game.

Damn that's what I'm worried about.... although I'm enjoying this game a lot, I don't have much time to play videogames like that. I'm playing this on my PSP and I only get a chance to play before I go to sleep or when I'm travelling...

I need to beat Xenogears and FF8/9 as well
---
#7xyxrxuxafraidx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 9:52:43 AM
Btw the girl who's name is "Kid" is not actually a kid right? She's pretty hawt... no pedo
---
#8SpurnerPosted 2/10/2013 9:59:07 AM
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
Btw the girl who's name is "Kid" is not actually a kid right? She's pretty hawt... no pedo

Sure, sure. Next you'll tell us you're diggin' on Poshul, but it's not a bestiality thing.

Me? I like Harle. Clowns are where it's at.
#9yahya_no_1Posted 2/10/2013 10:03:03 AM
Main story is not long, barley 20 hours for a first time play trough. what there talking about are side quests and getting all the endings +characters.

every path you choose ends up choosing a cretin character to join your team in story
---
PSN:yahyano1
#10yahya_no_1Posted 2/10/2013 10:04:20 AM
Also remember to choose to not save kid, or you will miss on a pretty cool character
---
PSN:yahyano1