This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just started playing Chrono Cross...... WOW!

#61BleuPosted 2/13/2013 2:17:48 AM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Bleu posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Square is just so amazing!!

From [FINAL FANTASY I-III, SaGa I-III, and Seiken Densetsu] in Famicom Era,

to [FINAL FANTASY IV-VI, Chrono Trigger, Front Mission, Super Mario RPG, and Seiken Densetsu 2/3] in Super Famicom Era,

to [FINAL FANTASY VII-IX+Tactics+Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, Valkyrie Profile, Tobal 1/2, Bushido Blade 1/2, Einhänder, Front Mission 2/3, Legend of Mana, Brave Fencer Musashi, Parasite Eve 1/2, and Xenogears] in Playstation Era,

to [FINAL FANTASY X-XII+X-2+All FFXI Sequels+BC:FFVII+DoC:FFVII, Kingdom Hearts 1/2/CoM, DRAGON QUEST VIII / V Remake, Drakengard 1/2, Front Mission 4/5, Fullmetal Alchemist 1/2/3, Itadaki Street, Valkyrie Profile 2, and the great licenced games you brought us like Star Ocean series, Odin Sphere, Grandia series and Radiata Stories) in Playstation 2 Era,

Agreed with above points, but Hell No with the others. I haven't seen any note worthy titles on PS3 yet. Don't get me wrong, I used to love square. I even liked the infamous FFXII (which gets a lot of hate because of the changes) But FFXIII is just ........

is just awesome?

Also, glad you only saw FINAL FANTASY XIII in there.
Square fan there.

Well, I only play SO and FF from your list. I don't like DQ and KH, 3rd birthday story is atrocious (They killed my fave female Square Character just like that), and there's many titles on your list I never even heard of(forgive my ignorance, but I only own PS3 and PSP :p)
---
PSN: ReinBleu2nd
#62RabillionPosted 2/13/2013 2:20:32 AM
Poor character development was expected when it had a lot of party members. I used Leena and Glenn most of the time. In fact I still have the original game in its PSone case.
#63Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/13/2013 2:53:41 AM
Bleu posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Bleu posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Square is just so amazing!!

From [FINAL FANTASY I-III, SaGa I-III, and Seiken Densetsu] in Famicom Era,

to [FINAL FANTASY VII-IX+Tactics+Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, Valkyrie Profile, Tobal 1/2, Bushido Blade 1/2, Einhänder, Front Mission 2/3, Legend of Mana, Brave Fencer Musashi, Parasite Eve 1/2, and Xenogears] in Playstation Era,

to [FINAL FANTASY X-XII+X-2+All FFXI Sequels+BC:FFVII+DoC:FFVII, Kingdom Hearts 1/2/CoM, DRAGON QUEST VIII / V Remake, Drakengard 1/2, Front Mission 4/5, Fullmetal Alchemist 1/2/3, Itadaki Street, Valkyrie Profile 2, and the great licenced games you brought us like Star Ocean series, Odin Sphere, Grandia series and Radiata Stories) in Playstation 2 Era,

Agreed with above points, but Hell No with the others. I haven't seen any note worthy titles on PS3 yet. Don't get me wrong, I used to love square. I even liked the infamous FFXII (which gets a lot of hate because of the changes) But FFXIII is just ........

is just awesome?

Also, glad you only saw FINAL FANTASY XIII in there.
Square fan there.

Well, I only play SO and FF from your list. I don't like DQ and KH, 3rd birthday story is atrocious (They killed my fave female Square Character just like that), and there's many titles on your list I never even heard of(forgive my ignorance, but I only own PS3 and PSP :p)

I knew beforehand that you wouldn't have liked most of Square's franchises nor have played all of Square's supposed great games, yet deem yourself worthy of judging their games as whole.
And I knew you wouldn't have liked specific installments of specific series you are supposed to like too.
As I knew beforehand that you don't have the consoles to play all the installments of your supposed to like series too.
As I know that your next point will be "not in English, so it doesn't count".
I have seen it so many times already since the internet was made widely available, from so called fans.

But let me try. You have a PS3+PSP and you like Star Ocean, FINAL FANTASY and Parasite Eve?
So, how about you get:

-FINAL FANTASY Anniversary
-FINAL FANTASY II Anniversary
-FINAL FANTASY III
-FINAL FANTASY IV COMPLETE COLLECTION (Includes FINAL FANTASY IV, FINAL FANTASY IV: The After Years, and an extra inbetween episode, Interlude).
-FINAL FANTASY XIII
-FINAL FANTASY XIII-2
-FINAL FANTASY Tactics: War of the Lions
-Crisis Core: FINAL FANTASY VII
-Crystal Defenders
-Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable
-Dissidia: FINAL FANTASY
-Dissidia Duodecim [012]: FINAL FANTASY + Prologus
-FINAL FANTASY Type-0
-Star Ocean: First Departure
-Star Ocean: Second Evolution
-Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
-The 3rd Birthday (awesome game and technical marvel. Great for a spinoff)

And you can also enjoy in both:

-Final Fantasy Origins (Includes FINAL FANTASY and FINAL FANTASY II)
-Final Fantasy V
-Final Fantasy VI
-Final Fantasy VII
-Final Fantasy VIII
-Final Fantasy IX
-Final Fantasy Tactics (original)
-Chocobo Racing
-Vagrant Story
-And even enjoy Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete.

And soon:

-Final Fantasy X HD
-Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
-Final Fantasy Versus XIII
-Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Great generation!! :D
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#64Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/13/2013 2:55:34 AM
^ Oh and in the you can also enjoy in both category, you can also add Parasite Eve and Parasite Eve II.
---
#65viajarvPosted 2/13/2013 3:26:48 AM
As a high-schooler when I played that game, I didn't think much about whether or not I liked a battle system enough to keep playing a game. Well there was only one game where I didnt: Grandia, but in general, if I spent 50$ on a game I considered myself invested and adapted to liking it.

But for the love of all things, finish xenogears.
#66BleuPosted 2/13/2013 4:25:27 AM(edited)
I knew beforehand that you wouldn't have liked most of Square's franchises nor have played all of Square's supposed great games, yet deem yourself worthy of judging their games as whole.

I've played these:
-FINAL FANTASY IV COMPLETE COLLECTION (Includes FINAL FANTASY IV, FINAL FANTASY IV: The After Years, and an extra inbetween episode, Interlude).
-FINAL FANTASY XIII <<< Worst FF ever (IMO)
-FINAL FANTASY Type-0
-Star Ocean: Second Evolution <<< My favorite RPG on PS1
-The 3rd Birthday <<<< Worst story ever
-Final Fantasy VI <<< Best FF story
-Final Fantasy VII
-Final Fantasy VIII
-Final Fantasy IX
-Chocobo Racing <<< I'll challenge you for a race if it got an online feature :p
-Vagrant Story <<< One of the best Action RPG, I've ever played. Such a shame there's no sequel
-PE I and II
- Legend of Mana
- SaGa frontier I, II, and Romancing SaGa
- Xenogears <<< Best story ever for RPG
- Valkyrie Profile Lenneth and Silmeria <<< Addicting battle system

And I knew you wouldn't have liked specific installments of specific series you are supposed to like too.
I'm a Huge S.O fan , V.P fan, and I love SaGa series (Cleared SaGa Frontier and Romancing SaGa with every character)

As I knew beforehand that you don't have the consoles to play all the installments of your supposed to like series too.
I only have PS1, PS2, PS3, and PSP so you're partly right there

I have seen it so many times already since the internet was made widely available, from so called fans.

Nope, I'm also a Tales Fan ( I've played ToE, ToD2, ToD:R/DC, ToR, and ToS in japanese)

And I'm waiting for these:
-Final Fantasy X HD

It's not that I don't like square anymore, it's just that their recent games are not as good as before. (^-^)
---
#67Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/13/2013 5:14:58 AM
Bleu posted...

I've played these:
-FINAL FANTASY XIII <<< Worst FF ever (IMO)
-FINAL FANTASY Type-0
-Star Ocean: Second Evolution <<< My favorite RPG on PS1
-The 3rd Birthday <<<< Worst story ever
-Final Fantasy VI <<< Best FF story
-Final Fantasy VII
-Final Fantasy VIII
-Final Fantasy IX
-Chocobo Racing <<< I'll challenge you for a race if it got an online feature :p
-Vagrant Story <<< One of the best Action RPG, I've ever played. Such a shame there's no sequel
-PE I and II
- Legend of Mana
- SaGa frontier I, II, and Romancing SaGa
- Xenogears <<< Best story ever for RPG
- Valkyrie Profile Lenneth and Silmeria <<< Addicting battle system

I'm a Huge S.O fan , V.P fan, and I love SaGa series (Cleared SaGa Frontier and Romancing SaGa with every character)

I only have PS1, PS2, PS3, and PSP so you're partly right there

Nope, I'm also a Tales Fan ( I've played ToE, ToD2, ToD:R/DC, ToR, and ToS in japanese)

And I'm waiting for these:
-Final Fantasy X HD

It's not that I don't like square anymore, it's just that their recent games are not as good as before. (^-^)

First, you get infinite points for being a SaGa fan. I won't argue with a SaGa fan. :D
(Too bad SaGa's Creator dropped the ball)

Second, I was talking of the other franchises I listed!
Why don't you get a DS/3DS/Android and try the following?

-FINAL FANTASY XII: Revenant Wings
-FINAL FANTASY: The 4 Heroes of Light
-FINAL FANTASY Dimensions
-Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
-Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
-Kingdom Hearts 358/2
-Kingdom Hearts ReCoded
-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (since you own a PSP)
-The World Ends with You
-Chaos Rings
-Chaos Rings Omega
-Chaos Rings II
-DRAGON QUEST IV
-DRAGON QUEST V
-DRAGON QUEST VI
-DRAGON QUEST IX
-Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D
-DRAGON QUEST Monsters
-DRAGON QUEST Monsters 2
-DRAGON QUEST Monsters 3
-Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (since you own a PSP)
-Chrono Trigger DS
-Theatrythm: FINAL FANTASY
-Nier (since you own a PS3)
-Lord of Arcana (since you own a PSP. If you like a FINAL FANTASY - Monster Hunter hybrid game)

Try these, you may find some gems you like. Get a DS for like 30$. :p
That way you'll be set for the upcoming FINAL FANTASY V Anniversary version and FINAL FANTASY VI Anniversary version, as well as Chocobo Racing 3D (and who knows, it may have an online feature :p)
---
#68Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/13/2013 5:28:36 AM(edited)
*continuing

And please get FINAL FANTASY Anniversary and FINAL FANTASY II Anniversary.
Amazing games.

Finally, imo, FINAL FANTASY XIII is really good (although my absolute least favorite Main FINAL FANTASY game, for pure FINAL FANTASY reasons (favorite is original FINAL FANTASY)), and The 3rd Birthday is an absolute masterpiece of a side game.
Parasite Eve 3 is where the Story will be really important.

And if you've played Type-0, I don't understand why you're stuck with a 3 year old game (FINAL FANTASY XIII) to judge Square from.
Heck, since FINAL FANTASY XIII, we have had FINAL FANTASY IV CC, Dissidia 012, FINAL FANTASY XIII-2, Type-0, Dimensions and Theatrythm.

Amazing games generally, especially IVCC, Type-0, Dissidia 012, Dimensions and Theatrythm (and even XIII-2 fixed tons of what XIII was criticised for, although imo XIII >>>>>>> XIII-2, and Lightning Returns is just going to be a BEAST and on another league than XIII & XIII-2. I think CCFFVII with FFXII like sized environments and evolutioned combination of FFXIII Battle System and Job System), and look what amazing-ness is coming:

-FINAL FANTASY V Anniversary
-FINAL FANTASY VI Anniversary
-Final Fantasy X HD
-FINAL FANTASY XI: Seekers of Adoulyn
-Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
-Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
-Chocobo Racing 3D

And probably FINAL FANTASY Type-0 HD/VITA. We know Square won't leave it like that.
As we know that Dissidia won't be left like that.

---
#69BleuPosted 2/13/2013 9:04:39 AM(edited)
Lol, I guess we're way out of topic here xD, But let's continue :p

Of your list, I've played these:
- Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together <<< only 1st run though (haven't touched the secret dungeon yet), too many games too play
- Chrono Trigger <<<< I've played this on ps1, I still remember how beautiful the 2d sprite is for a SNES game ( It's very well done for a SNES game )
- Nier <<< Great concept and nice plot
- Dissidia 012 <<< This game is all Square fans dreams, how can I not play it? xD.

"Finally, imo, FINAL FANTASY XIII is really good (although my absolute least favorite Main FINAL FANTASY game, for pure FINAL FANTASY reasons."
That's what I'm trying to say bro, IMO It didn't deserve to be called FF (beside the graphics and ost) That is also The reason I won't play FFXII-2 and FFXIII-3. Maybe I expected too much from FFXIII, but for me it's really disappointing.

If only they make a SaGa/ Mana/PE/ VP for PS3... (T_T)
---
#70Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/13/2013 9:36:57 AM(edited)
Bleu posted...
Lol, I guess we're way out of topic here xD, But let's continue :p

Of your list, I've played these:
- Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together <<< only 1st run though (haven't touched the secret dungeon yet), too many games too play
- Chrono Trigger <<<< I've played this on ps1, I still remember how beautiful the 2d sprite is for a SNES game ( It's very well done for a SNES game )
- Nier <<< Great concept and nice plot
- Dissidia 012 <<< This game is all Square fans dreams, how can I not play it? xD.

"Finally, imo, FINAL FANTASY XIII is really good (although my absolute least favorite Main FINAL FANTASY game, for pure FINAL FANTASY reasons."
That's what I'm trying to say bro, IMO It didn't deserve to be called FF (beside the graphics and ost) That is also The reason I won't play FFXII-2 and FFXIII-3. Maybe I expected too much from FFXIII, but for me it's really disappointing.

If only they make a SaGa/ Mana/PE/ VP for PS3... (T_T)

Valkyrie Profile
Valkyrie Profile Silmeria and Valkyrie Profile Lenneth sold really bad. Then a lower budgeted test game was released with sole purpose to give fans a final chance to prove Valkyrie Profile's demand.This is on its fans.
(Exactly the same with Chrono franchise and DRAGON QUEST franchise. (Fans continuously drop the ball outside of Japan for DRAGON QUEST).

SaGa
SaGa was ruined by its Creator. The worst staff Square ever had. Dude got super lucky that the first was called as a "FINAL FANTASY", but unlike the Mana team, he was talentless. The best SaGa games weren't by him either. This is on its Creator.

Mana
Square's fault 100%. Mana never had a bad game for crying out loud (imo). This is definitely on Square.

As for FINAL FANTASY XIII, we'll just disagree. It totally deserves the FINAL FANTASY name. It is my absolute least favorite Main FINAL FANTASY installment, for pure FINAL FANTASY reasons that make FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY II my immediately following absolute least favorite Main FINAL FANTASY installments.

But all are amazing, imo always.

---