This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Legacy of Kain coming?!

#1xOmniCloudxPosted 2/10/2013 9:10:10 AM
http://gematsu.com/2013/02/square-enix-registers-legacy-of-kain-domain

So, assuming there's people here that still remember the awesome Legacy of Kain series like I do then this is great news if it actually goes somewhere as a real console game. Especially since the series never got a conclusion due to the Eidos financial issues and Amy Hennig leaving to Naughty Dog where she spread her amazing talent on Jak and Daxter and then Uncharted. Needless to say, if a new LoK game does come be it a conclusion or more likely a reboot given the situation and what Tomb raider is going through, I will remain skeptical since Amy Hennig wont be on board and it's her baby.

Although, the good news is the Eidos acquired studios by Square Enix are allowed to develop their games without Square involvement (Square themselves confirming it) so Square basically just funds, markets and publishes their work. The best thing for Eidos honestly, since Eidos struggled financially for years (hence the eventual buyout from SE) and constantly had to rush out games which showed with their many issues that they were rushed. Then if it wasn't Tomb Raider it got basically no marketing.

Now, they finally have the financial resources and proper development time to make solid games and have great production values and it shows with Deux Ex: Human Revolution and from almost everything showcased with Tomb Raider 2013.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#2megamaticsPosted 2/10/2013 9:11:02 AM
Here comes an IOS game
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#3howdyneighbor25Posted 2/10/2013 9:11:45 AM
Oh look another vampire game just what we need
/sarcasm
---
Pay Day. Let's roll!
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#4mrhappyguy12345Posted 2/10/2013 9:13:03 AM
howdyneighbor25 posted...
/sarcasm

Never played the original huh? And in the last 5 years, how many games have there been where you play as a vampire?
---
I love video games : )
#5xOmniCloudx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 9:13:15 AM
megamatics posted...
Here comes an IOS game

But it's not a Square original franchise! #Don'tDestroyMyDreamsAgain
---
#6ozranPosted 2/10/2013 9:14:28 AM
It would be nice having a new game in the series considering where Defiance left off
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#7KingMiniMoniPosted 2/10/2013 9:15:09 AM
I really hope this will be good. I loved Blood Omen so much. They would also have to use the original voice actor. Kain's inner monologues were sooo cool.
---
UMvC3: Captain America/Hulk/Iron Man
#8arvilinoPosted 2/10/2013 9:15:22 AM
Legacy of Kain: Soul Management and Financier (iOS)
#9carib2gPosted 2/10/2013 9:15:46 AM
Just another "old" game that people get nostalgic for...then never purchase.

I really wish developers would take their previous time (and millions) and create new IPs (and new ideas) instead of running back to the well with all these dried-up franchises...

FML.
---
Best of 2012: Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3
Gamercard: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Carib2g.png
#10xOmniCloudx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 9:28:00 AM(edited)
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
howdyneighbor25 posted...
/sarcasm

Never played the original huh? And in the last 5 years, how many games have there been where you play as a vampire?

Only Castlevania from memory and experience. Ignore the trolls, it IS GameFAQs. My sig does explain just about any stupidity and fallacy people try to outright use as the truth.

EDIT: I forgot that there was also BloodRayne: Betrayal but yeah....... BloodRayne 3 please!
---