This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Legacy of Kain coming?!

#11mrhappyguy12345Posted 2/10/2013 9:18:16 AM
carib2g posted...
Just another "old" game that people get nostalgic for...then never purchase.

I really wish developers would take their previous time (and millions) and create new IPs (and new ideas) instead of running back to the well with all these dried-up franchises...

FML.

Look at your sig. Now read your post. Your favorite games of the year are all sequels and youre sad that aren't more new ips?
---
I love video games : )
#12SayoriaPosted 2/10/2013 9:22:49 AM(edited)
Legacy of Kain: Bowl Breather for the iOS and Facebook

"Raziel is back, and he is ready to blow off some steam.... or smoke. Help Raziel further his new found love of weed, or help him quit. Now modernized for the average everyday gamer!" ~ Yoichi Wada

---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#13carib2gPosted 2/10/2013 9:26:42 AM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
carib2g posted...

I really wish developers would take their previous time (and millions) and create new IPs (and new ideas) instead of running back to the well with all these dried-up franchises...

FML.

Look at your sig. Now read your post. Your favorite games of the year are all sequels and youre sad that aren't more new ips?

Last time I checked, Sleeping Dogs was a new IP...and it's listed FIRST, no less...

But that's beyond the point...being a new IP doesn't automatically make a game top-3 (or top-anything)...I enjoyed Dishonored and The Walking Dead immensely and they are new IPs.

I just wish they were more of them, is all....

Understand? Good.
---
Best of 2012: Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3
Gamercard: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Carib2g.png
#14mrhappyguy12345Posted 2/10/2013 9:29:36 AM
carib2g posted...
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
carib2g posted...

FML.

Last time I checked, Sleeping Dogs was a new IP...and it's listed FIRST, no less...

But that's beyond the point...being a new IP doesn't automatically make a game top-3 (or top-anything)...I enjoyed Dishonored and The Walking Dead immensely and they are new IPs.

I just wish they were more of them, is all....

Understand? Good.

Sleeping dogs is technically part of the true crime series, they just changed the name. You just come across as another jaded gamer that's all. Understand? Good.
---
I love video games : )
#15SayoriaPosted 2/10/2013 9:34:16 AM
It's true.... I believe it was originally titled "True Crime: Hong Kong"....IIRC.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#16ozranPosted 2/10/2013 11:12:30 AM
Actually Sleeping Dogs was never supposed to be part of the True Crime series.

It was always supposed to be its own game but when originally under development it was forced to be lumped in with True Crime. but then True Crime :Hong Kong was canceled and they got to make the game they originally intended to make

Which is Sleeping Dogs
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#17xOmniCloudx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 11:16:37 AM
ozran posted...
Actually Sleeping Dogs was never supposed to be part of the True Crime series.

It was always supposed to be its own game but when originally under development it was forced to be lumped in with True Crime. but then True Crime :Hong Kong was canceled and they got to make the game they originally intended to make

Which is Sleeping Dogs

No. It was originally developed by Activision Blizzard as True Crime: Hong Kong but it was to serve as the reboot of the entire True Crime franchise. That's probably where you're getting that stand-alone story from. Due to high development costs and and many internal issues they cancelled the game when it was near done. Square Enix bought it, finished the game up, renamed it as they didn't buy the True Crime IP itself and then sold it themselves.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#18JONlCSPosted 2/10/2013 11:21:24 AM
hope this will be an actual game. it's been almost a decade since defiance.
---
JawnixPSboy
http://mtv-tv.mtvnimages.com/images/Best-Of/sasha-grey-01.jpg
#19CineraryPosted 2/10/2013 11:21:44 AM
I'd love a Blood Omen remake. If there's a sequel to Defiance I'd be very cautious about getting it, because Amy Hennig works for Naughty Dog now, so she wouldn't be able to do the writing this time around.
---
PSN: SouthPhillySanta http://i.imgur.com/X6ju8.png http://i.imgur.com/ORB8G.gif
Yo homie...is that my briefcase?
#20JONlCSPosted 2/10/2013 11:25:34 AM
yeah, i'd love a blood omen 2 remake. coz i didnt finish that game because of a goddamn bug
---
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/JawnixPSboy/oie_2533625deZ8fqDP.jpg
JawnixPSboy