This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Playstation 4 Will be the Dominant force next gen

#1G_I_B_B_O_NPosted 2/10/2013 10:26:53 AM
The Playstation 4 is already receiving FAR more hype than the Wii-U ever did, even AFTER it was released and the casual public largely see's it as some kind of funky upgrade for the Wii, Developers are already taking exclusives off it, Nintendo's luck has run out and in 5 years they will be a 3rd party developer making games for the Ipad,

The Xbox 720 will play second fiddle to the PS4, as Halo and Gears of war have lost massive drawing power and it has no other worthwhile exclusives to keep it going.

PC gaming will be outcast to the most nerdiest of gamers. Pound for pound, console developers are far more talented and get more juice out of thier hardware than PC developers as the PS3 was able to make gorgeous games with only 256 MB of ram and 2005 graphics cards, just IMAGINE the kinds of games we will be seeing this generations with studios as talented as naughty Dog and Sony santa monica.

Sony had a massive hiccup this generation, but if you look closely they didn't do as well as past generations because of reasons caused entirely by THEMSELVES not anything the other console makers did right, Xbox 360 became as big as it was because rather than create new IP's they it stole exclusives that Sony made popular in the first place. Then Sony got arrogant and priced it's console at $600, the only thing that beat Sony this gen was Sony itself.

Like a pheonix, Sony will once again Rise from the ashes, only this time, they are coming i stronger, wiser, and hungrier than they have ever been before.
#2FearPotionPosted 2/10/2013 10:29:35 AM
I approve of this topic.
#3DaLastBossPosted 2/10/2013 10:32:00 AM
Does everyone know that Sony came into the market with their Playstation because of Nintendo? Kind of ironic and funny lol
#4LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/10/2013 10:35:58 AM
When then next 3D Mario, Zelda & (possibly) Metroid games are released, Nintendo will take the lead.

But other than that, I agree.
---
Long live the Hero of Winds!
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lybkvfujFU1r0a2hlo1_500.jpg
#5OmegaShinkaiPosted 2/10/2013 10:39:44 AM
Pound for pound, console developers are far more talented and get more juice out of thier hardware than PC developers as the PS3 was able to make gorgeous games with only 256 MB of ram and 2005 graphics cards

Sony Defense Force at its finest.
---
"When Garland knocks you down you're going to ****ing stay down." - __Skye__
#6SxmfctPosted 2/10/2013 10:42:45 AM(edited)
OmegaShinkai posted...
Pound for pound, console developers are far more talented and get more juice out of thier hardware than PC developers as the PS3 was able to make gorgeous games with only 256 MB of ram and 2005 graphics cards

This.

And I must be missing these " gorgeous games with only 256 MB of ram and 2005 graphics cards". Please enlighten me OP, I'd love to know which games are gorgeous on PS3. A few screenshots don't count either, I expect to see a video with higher than 30fps, SSAO, AA etc

owait
---
"We play the game without having to worry about viruses, system instability, OS deterioration, Compatibility issues, or crappy controls." - 95_Eclipse
#7Stanger5150Posted 2/10/2013 10:46:45 AM
DaLastBoss posted...
Does everyone know that Sony came into the market with their Playstation because of Nintendo? Kind of ironic and funny lol

Very few people know this, which is weird. The Sony/Nintendo SNES disc drive that became the PlayStation was all over gaming mags back then.

Before then, Sony made games for the SNES. Mary Shelly's Frankenstein was one of them I think.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#8SxmfctPosted 2/10/2013 10:48:55 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
DaLastBoss posted...

Very few people know this, which is weird. .

Consider the fact that the majority of people who own a PS3 weren't even born when the SNES was top of the pile.
---
"We play the game without having to worry about viruses, system instability, OS deterioration, Compatibility issues, or crappy controls." - 95_Eclipse
#9G_I_B_B_O_N(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:49:24 AM
Sxmfct posted...
OmegaShinkai posted...

This.

And I must be missing these " gorgeous games with only 256 MB of ram and 2005 graphics cards". Please enlighten me OP, I'd love to know which games are gorgeous on PS3. A few screenshots don't count either, I expect to see a video with higher than 30fps, SSAO, AA etc

owait

Go look at any GOW ascension, Uncharted 2 and 3, The Last of US, Grand turismo 5, Killzone 2 and 3 video on youtube.
#10true_gamer80Posted 2/10/2013 10:50:34 AM
so this boils down to a topic for ppl obsessed with hype and nothing more really....surprising
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08