This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can SONY ban you for playing a game online early..?

#11PangLaPosted 2/10/2013 12:51:57 PM
This ain't Microsoft. They can boot you out/temp ban you because they have to do online testing but not perm ban like Microsoft.
#12CammyApplePosted 2/10/2013 12:58:29 PM
PangLa posted...
This ain't Microsoft. They can boot you out/temp ban you because they have to do online testing but not perm ban like Microsoft.

They absolutely can ban you.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#13superbuu3Posted 2/10/2013 1:02:28 PM
no you can't. I review games and get promo copies of games. I've played online and I never informed sony I was a reviewer. So no.
---
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).
#14CammyApplePosted 2/10/2013 1:05:08 PM
superbuu3 posted...
no you can't. I review games and get promo copies of games. I've played online and I never informed sony I was a reviewer. So no.

Again, and I don't know why so few get this, you can be banned however you won't unless you are playing a pirated game.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#15KDogg1800Posted 2/10/2013 1:51:16 PM
I had Killzone 2 a week and a half before release date and I was never banned. I had GTA4 a week before it released and I wasn't banned. There are plenty others I've had early as well and nothing happened.

Do SONY/Developer have the abilty to ban you? Yes. Will they actually ban you for playing early? Nope.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png
#16ded5833Posted 2/10/2013 2:01:23 PM
CammyApple posted...
superbuu3 posted...

Again, and I don't know why so few get this, you can be banned however you won't unless you are playing a pirated game.

This, people who post that 'I got banned for playing a game online early' are the people pirating it or got banned for a different offense. I've played many games before release (like Black Ops, Halo 3 and Reach, GTAIV and a couple others), and I never got banned on either the Xbox or PS3.
---
These counting things are stupid.
People that agree: 22
#17kingstagPosted 2/10/2013 6:15:51 PM
I think the developers of Dark Souls handled this perfectly:

Let people break the street date but populate the world with incredibly powerful black phantoms to tear them all a new *******.