This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Assassin's Creed III is easily the worst Assassin's Creed game in the series

#1MyWifeBeatsMePosted 2/10/2013 3:37:13 PM
well not counting the PSVita game but who honestly is playing the PS Vita anyways lol?

Just finished ACIII oh damn they seriously dropped the ball with the missions. It's just errands, chases and stuff. Boring story and awful protagonist. The ending was terrible. What happened to the Tombs? The assassinations? A likable protagonist(Ezio)

The only good thing about AC3 was the Frontier and the environments. They were pretty to look at.
#2j-fielding95Posted 2/10/2013 3:38:09 PM
I agree. Glitches everywhere, Connor is horrible, and the mission structure reverts to AC 1's style.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#3Power TurtlePosted 2/10/2013 3:40:26 PM
AS someone who just put his Vita down to get online for a bit. i must say..

Shut up TC :( Vita is awesome and AC3L was pretty damn fun.
I have yet to play AC3.
#4theatrical_catPosted 2/10/2013 3:41:36 PM
It had some awesome villainous cut scenes with Haytham and Charles, respectively, but overall the game was a disappointment for the reasons stated.

Also, the lack of any kind of final boss soured whatever good feelings i'd gotten from the game. Not worth it at all.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#5BigSaltyDookiePosted 2/10/2013 3:44:04 PM
Nah. Revelations was worse. That just felt like a crappy handheld game that never should have been for consoles.
Didn't care for Connor but I never really cared much for Ezio either. Always struck me as just some Jersey Shore douche. Never understood why people liked the guy. I'm replaying AC2 right now and just can't stand him.
---
Now Playing:
Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3) - Batman: Arkham City (PS3) - Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita) - Left 4 Dead 1&2 (360 & PC)
#6theatrical_catPosted 2/10/2013 3:45:53 PM
BigSaltyDookie posted...
Nah. Revelations was worse. That just felt like a crappy handheld game that never should have been for consoles.
Didn't care for Connor but I never really cared much for Ezio either. Always struck me as just some Jersey Shore douche. Never understood why people liked the guy. I'm replaying AC2 right now and just can't stand him.

He had a lot more personality than Altair. Back when 2 first came out, that was great. Besides, Ezio matures over the course of the games. At first he's supposed to be a snarky kid, but he grows up.

Besides, Brotherhood was the worst. Yeah, I went there.
---
#7BigSaltyDookiePosted 2/10/2013 3:50:44 PM
theatrical_cat posted...
BigSaltyDookie posted...

He had a lot more personality than Altair. Back when 2 first came out, that was great. Besides, Ezio matures over the course of the games. At first he's supposed to be a snarky kid, but he grows up.

I do agree that Ezio gets more tolerable as he gets older. I liked him a lot less in AC2 than I did in Brotherhood or even Revelations. I like AC2 but just can't stand him in it.

Totally and completely disagree about Brotherhood. As far as I'm concerned, that was the best in the series. Didn't care for the ending much though. Revelations was just garbage. Only game in the series I'll probably never replay.
---
Now Playing:
Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3) - Batman: Arkham City (PS3) - Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita) - Left 4 Dead 1&2 (360 & PC)
#8j-fielding95Posted 2/10/2013 3:53:46 PM
theatrical_cat posted...
BigSaltyDookie posted...

Oh no you didn't.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#9theatrical_catPosted 2/10/2013 3:57:10 PM
BigSaltyDookie posted...
theatrical_cat posted...
BigSaltyDookie posted...

I do agree that Ezio gets more tolerable as he gets older. I liked him a lot less in AC2 than I did in Brotherhood or even Revelations. I like AC2 but just can't stand him in it.

Totally and completely disagree about Brotherhood. As far as I'm concerned, that was the best in the series. Didn't care for the ending much though. Revelations was just garbage. Only game in the series I'll probably never replay.

Maybe it's just because I got the Ezio Trilogy disc, but Brotherhood was by far the buggiest of the games for me. Cut scenes wouldn't load correctly, segments would phases me into a wall and i couldn't get out so i had to restart... bluh.

The story also felt like a huge step down after 2. Cesare was such a disappointing villain, the Leonardo stuff was never as intriguing or important as it was in 2, the ending with Desmond... it just sat wrong with me.

Revelations was mostly worse, yeah, but I liked Ezio more in it than in Brotherhood and like in 3, some of the cutscenes were nice. Revelations was by no means the best AC game though, you're right about that.
---
#10ninjakrakenPosted 2/10/2013 3:58:26 PM
I've yet to play AC3, but I agree with theatrical_cat that Brotherhood is the worst. I enjoyed Revelations a lot more surprisingly. Brotherhood had so many pointless missions that is was just a chore to get through. Revelations is a lot shorter but is better for it. Also old Ezio is much better than young Ezio, I really disliked Ezio at first. I prefer Altair over Ezio.

I've been putting off playing AC3 because the AC series for me has been going downhill, and even huge fans of AC have shown disappointment in AC3.
---
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith