This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ubisoft kicked Connor from Assassin's Creed mighty quick, why?

#1bigdeezPosted 2/10/2013 4:58:30 PM
Ezio had 3 games. Connor only gets 1? I thought ACIII was really good and they could have had more adventures with Connor, but sadly they are moving on this year.
---
My top 5 games this gen
RDR - Dead Space 3 - MGS 4 - Fallout 3 - Bioshock
#2theatrical_catPosted 2/10/2013 5:00:00 PM
Connor was pretty unpopular.

But is he gone for sure? I mean, Desmond is for sure, being dead and all. But they seemed to imply in the Epilogue missions that Connor would have more stuff to do in later games.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#3Foxx3kPosted 2/10/2013 5:00:56 PM
Well they just said that a new setting would be coming in 2014, no?

I wonder if they could be leaving Connor on "current gen" and simultaneously launching the next time-line on "next gen."
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#4DarknessXSeekerPosted 2/10/2013 5:01:17 PM
I don't think this means Conner is gone now, for all we know the ACIII team may be making a sequel to ACIII, which I really hope they do.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#5muggyPosted 2/10/2013 5:01:19 PM
I felt the same way about Jade Raymond.
#6bigdeez(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 5:01:20 PM
I mean Connor was not as well round as Ezio in the personality department, but they could have built up to it.
---
My top 5 games this gen
RDR - Dead Space 3 - MGS 4 - Fallout 3 - Bioshock
#7iTossSaladsPosted 2/10/2013 5:01:43 PM
I'm fine with it. I didn't think Ezio deserved 3 games either. I never really cared for him much. I really don't think every AC game needs to have two or three sequels every time a new protagonist is introduced. Make one then move on to a different time period and new protagonist to keep things from getting stale.
#8FiendingHardPosted 2/10/2013 5:04:57 PM
Connor was a whining kid for 80% of the game. The native side of his character was very nice but it was overshadowed by angsty teen rage for most of the game. I still liked him by the end though
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Doom 3 BFG, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#9zyrax2301Posted 2/10/2013 5:06:44 PM
This is how it was supposed to be. Ezio's story dragged on way too long.

Bring on a new age/assassin and stop recycling stuff I say.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#10PHOENIXZEROPosted 2/10/2013 5:07:39 PM
ACIII was rushed (which is pretty clear to everyone I think) to get it out before December 21st and because the primary purpose of ACIII was to "finish" that story... Which they did a crappy job with doing. ACIV is probably going to be a soft reboot...

Either way, Ubisoft can go **** themselves.
---
Search engines are awesome, you can find the answer to the question that's been asked a hundred times before in a manner of seconds, more people should try it.