This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ubisoft kicked Connor from Assassin's Creed mighty quick, why?

#21theatrical_catPosted 2/10/2013 5:48:55 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
theatrical_cat posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
3D3 posted...
AC3 is garbage.

Which part? Gameplay is the same except added naval battle and beast killing and trees, exploration is expanded, story is interesting for the American revolution era. So it must be the character... Am I right?

It's not the same at all. Free running is all a one button affair now. No other game has been like that. Buying blacksmiths and banks and such was replaced with a very confusing business system, locking on acted way differently,,, most everything was different from previous games.

So you don't like the game because it changed from Roman era to American era?

Why does free running and locking on change if it's Roman to American? (Plus, you forgot Istanbul.)
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#22AzureVergilPosted 2/10/2013 5:55:20 PM
theatrical_cat posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
3D3 posted...
AC3 is garbage.

Which part? Gameplay is the same except added naval battle and beast killing and trees, exploration is expanded, story is interesting for the American revolution era. So it must be the character... Am I right?

It's not the same at all. Free running is all a one button affair now. No other game has been like that. Buying blacksmiths and banks and such was replaced with a very confusing business system, locking on acted way differently,,, most everything was different from previous games.

This. AC3 sucked compared to the Ezio Trilogy. I thought its was not possible to be more boring than AC1 & Revelation until AC3 came out.
#23PoorCountryPosted 2/10/2013 6:06:26 PM
FiendingHard posted...
Connor was a whining kid for 80% of the game. The native side of his character was very nice but it was overshadowed by angsty teen rage for most of the game. I still liked him by the end though

Everyone who labels a bad temperament "angsty teen rage" is a moron.
#24AalviPosted 2/10/2013 6:07:15 PM
Conner dun goofed a lot
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#25DrunkBeardGuyPosted 2/10/2013 6:39:07 PM
It's really sad that people don't get Connor. He's the most realistic character in the series.

He's naive, stupid and childish because of his background. Why do you think they made you play so long as him when he was young? Because they had to build up the reason why he makes the choices he makes and acts the way he does. He's an outsider, the man doesn't know anything but his tribe. He's lived off the land his whole life and doesn't understand people. All he knows is how to hunt and fight, but then he gets swept up in a greater cause.

He's probably the best character Ubi has ever written and he'll probably never get another game because people are stupid and like to whine. They wanted him to be Ezio 2.0 and that would have been terrible.

Maybe it's because his heritage is a little closer to home for me, but I just hate seeing him written off as bad just because people don't understand him.
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
http://i.imgur.com/C41sDRQ.gif
#26ninja_poopPosted 2/10/2013 6:56:44 PM
I liked Connor, wasn't fond of his VA. wish they expanded on him though. I liked AC3, connor could use another game where he shows more experience as an assassin.
---
Not changing my signature until marijuana is legalized. Monday, January 18, 2010, 8:08 PM
-11.06.12 Colorado/Washington become the first states
#27Bloodlines1191Posted 2/11/2013 6:12:22 AM(edited)
Simple. People hated Connor (oh god the things I've read here and on other sites as well were mean). His sequel was based on fan reception. Noticed how the epilogue made it feel open for continuation while being finished? Unfortunately, or simply fortunately for the millions that hate him, he was disliked for being whiny, rude, disrespectful, an errand boy, arrogant but mostly because he was stoic. Alot of the stoic protagonists (Altair and Connor being the only two) weren't well liked because of this, not to say he's the only character ever to have this personality trait, but in this medium and and franchise, the people are more vocal about it.

For Connor fans, if we are lucky, he may be demoted to extra as a guest or referenced alot (Altair was demoted to extra because the original plan was to have AC as 3 games only so he doesn't count). Maybe a movie like Ezio or dialogue/guest section like Altair. But not a game. If they made a game regardless of it being well-made, it may not sell well for him alone due to his Tidus Syndrome.

What no one expected was that Hutchinson was gonna carry out on it. When he said it was based on fan reception... HE MEANT IT. Difference is: For once people don't care. They hate Connor that much. I knew what I was getting into when they announced the game last February and said he was going to be stoic. I personally think not many understand him. However places like Tumblr where Connor's fanbase is alot more positive were in an uproar. Even threatening Ubi Montreal! @_@

As much as I want to move on, I feel Connor deserves some sort of retribution. Even I am pissed with this news.

That said, I WANTED TO SEE CONNOR "LUCK OUT" WITH DOBBY!!!!!!! D: I wanted to see me some bare Irish legs! :D

Looks like that'll never happen. :(
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper