This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did Sony pay for a Metal Gear Rising Revengeance commercial?

#1XSilverPhoenixXPosted 2/10/2013 7:33:24 PM
They don't even advertise their own games and yet they pay for a crappy commercial for this game? It's not even going to be a big seller here.
#2velvet_hammerPosted 2/10/2013 7:34:45 PM
Game will sell more then DmC and Next Castlevania.. Its also going to be amazing so why not promote it?
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#3brycemorrPosted 2/10/2013 7:41:57 PM
Konami and Kojima Pro. favor the Playstation and Sony and since MGR is getting some exclusive missions for the PS3 it only makes sense to show a PS3.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#4PaperCogFlimsyPosted 2/10/2013 7:43:57 PM
Wuts wrong with promoting game of the year ?
---
SONY: Only Does What Nintendo Did
#5gucciburrrPosted 2/10/2013 7:51:00 PM
Cause Sony knows that having the Metal Gear name will ensure this game doesn't flop like Bayonetta. Had this been Bayonetta 2, on PS3 with exclusive missions, Sony wouldn't give a rats ass about advertising it because they know it would flop regardless....
---
Man I hate bein SOOOOOOOOBA!!!!!!
#6UniversquallPosted 2/10/2013 7:51:31 PM
Where is here?
---
After the Fallout
#7XSilverPhoenixX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 8:46:39 PM
North America. I can see the game selling more in Japan but it was surprising to see a commercial for it here.

The commercial itself makes absolutely no sense aside from some random guy having a cyber eye right at the end before the game footage. It just wasn't a good commercial.

Did Metal Gear Solid 4 have a commercial in the US?
#8gilv3rPosted 2/10/2013 8:57:26 PM
The game is amazing! What are you on about?
---
Awaiting: PoE OB, Metal Gear Rising, and Last of Us
#9UniversquallPosted 2/10/2013 9:00:34 PM
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
North America. I can see the game selling more in Japan but it was surprising to see a commercial for it here.

The commercial itself makes absolutely no sense aside from some random guy having a cyber eye right at the end before the game footage. It just wasn't a good commercial.

The MGS franchise in NA is huge compared to Japan.
---
After the Fallout
#10Elements012894Posted 2/11/2013 2:59:53 AM
XSilverPhoenixX posted...

Yeah it did, as far as I can remember it was all straight up gameplay and cutscenes. No live action mixture bull. That was only good with Rachet and Clank.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.