This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did Sony pay for a Metal Gear Rising Revengeance commercial?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why did Sony pay for a Metal Gear Rising Revengeance commercial?

User Info: XSilverPhoenixX

XSilverPhoenixX
3 years ago#1
They don't even advertise their own games and yet they pay for a crappy commercial for this game? It's not even going to be a big seller here.

User Info: velvet_hammer

velvet_hammer
3 years ago#2
Game will sell more then DmC and Next Castlevania.. Its also going to be amazing so why not promote it?
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique

User Info: brycemorr

brycemorr
3 years ago#3
Konami and Kojima Pro. favor the Playstation and Sony and since MGR is getting some exclusive missions for the PS3 it only makes sense to show a PS3.
psn: bdawgtimes84

User Info: PaperCogFlimsy

PaperCogFlimsy
3 years ago#4
Wuts wrong with promoting game of the year ?
SONY: Only Does What Nintendo Did

User Info: gucciburrr

gucciburrr
3 years ago#5
Cause Sony knows that having the Metal Gear name will ensure this game doesn't flop like Bayonetta. Had this been Bayonetta 2, on PS3 with exclusive missions, Sony wouldn't give a rats ass about advertising it because they know it would flop regardless....
Man I hate bein SOOOOOOOOBA!!!!!!

User Info: Universquall

Universquall
3 years ago#6
Where is here?
After the Fallout

User Info: XSilverPhoenixX

XSilverPhoenixX
3 years ago#7
North America. I can see the game selling more in Japan but it was surprising to see a commercial for it here.

The commercial itself makes absolutely no sense aside from some random guy having a cyber eye right at the end before the game footage. It just wasn't a good commercial.

Did Metal Gear Solid 4 have a commercial in the US?

User Info: gilv3r

gilv3r
3 years ago#8
The game is amazing! What are you on about?
Awaiting: PoE OB, Metal Gear Rising, and Last of Us

User Info: Universquall

Universquall
3 years ago#9
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
North America. I can see the game selling more in Japan but it was surprising to see a commercial for it here.

The commercial itself makes absolutely no sense aside from some random guy having a cyber eye right at the end before the game footage. It just wasn't a good commercial.

The MGS franchise in NA is huge compared to Japan.
After the Fallout

User Info: Elements012894

Elements012894
3 years ago#10
XSilverPhoenixX posted...

Yeah it did, as far as I can remember it was all straight up gameplay and cutscenes. No live action mixture bull. That was only good with Rachet and Clank.
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why did Sony pay for a Metal Gear Rising Revengeance commercial?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived