This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would lack of PS3 BC or used game blocking stop you from buying a PS4?

#1ObturatorPosted 2/10/2013 7:16:05 PM
Would lack of BC or used game blocking stop you from buying a PS4? - Results (146 votes)
Yes
46.58% (68 votes)
No
32.19% (47 votes)
Too Early to tell
21.23% (31 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What are your thoughts? I want to hear what you all think
---
Yea, I thought so.
#2PStrifePosted 2/10/2013 7:21:48 PM
No BC would delay purchase for several years (like the PS3), I got a backlog, you have to motivate me to invest earlier.

No used game would make it not happen altogether, maybe if it had BC I would buy one purely as a PS3 replacement unit when they become more affordable.
#3Mr_Big_BossPosted 2/10/2013 7:23:09 PM
Used game blocking is a deal breaker
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#4arstosPosted 2/10/2013 7:23:32 PM
Used game blocking, yes (I don't buy used often, but sometimes it's the only choice). no bc, depends, as long as they keep supporting psn for ps3 sure, I've spent a lot of money on psn games and if I suddenly don't have access to those games in one form or another they are losing me as a customer
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, CS:GO, UTIII
#5PhoenixPrincePosted 2/10/2013 7:24:04 PM
arstos posted...
Used game blocking, yes (I don't buy used often, but sometimes it's the only choice). no bc, depends, as long as they keep supporting psn for ps3 sure, I've spent a lot of money on psn games and if I suddenly don't have access to those games in one form or another they are losing me as a customer

This.
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
#6RevolutionVPosted 2/10/2013 7:25:02 PM
PStrife posted...
No BC would delay purchase for several years (like the PS3), I got a backlog, you have to motivate me to invest earlier.

No used game would make it not happen altogether, maybe if it had BC I would buy one purely as a PS3 replacement unit when they become more affordable.

^ This is true for me too. If there is not BC, I'll just wait because I have too many great games I want to finish. Plus my brother and my friends probably won't get a PS4 until later, so there is no incentive to move anytime soon.

However, if used games are not allowed, I will not buy it at all. It would a stupid decision by Sony or MS. I'll stick with my PS3.
#7ThamauturgePosted 2/10/2013 7:25:46 PM
No BC would delay purchase for several years (like the PS3), I got a backlog, you have to motivate me to invest earlier

Pretty much this. I don't see any reason to buy the console in the launch window if I can't play my PS3 games on it. I wouldn't get it until the price is lower or there are some must have titles. I would love for them to include PS3 BC along with PS2 and PS1, because I just think it would be unbelievably awesome to celebrate 20 years of PlayStation history all on one console.

No used games is probably a deal breaker. I don't even buy any used games but the business ethics behind that is simply appalling. Good thing Sony is very unlikely to remove used games.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#8yjyjPosted 2/10/2013 7:26:21 PM
only the quality of game will determine whether or not to buy a ps4.

but now there is so much game, including tablet and smartphone..they have awesome game in them tooand low cost..playstation games are really costly and the quality of the game seems to decline over the years..thats my opinion.
---
3DS FC: 0430-8332-5944 YaNJuN
PSN: pohyj88
#9lokithefoolPosted 2/10/2013 7:28:23 PM
Obturator posted...
What are your thoughts? I want to hear what you all think

If it ever gets to the point they block used games I will switch purely to PC gaming. Basically the same thing at that point except for the fact that you cant upgrade the console, and it has very limited OS with zero modibility, or even simple customization.
#10Godly_GoofPosted 2/10/2013 7:29:07 PM
I don't even buy used games that often but it would be a deal breaker for me. Mainly because once a game goes out of print it's price will basically triple, and since not all games are on PSN it would only make it worse.

Buying them isn't always an issue but I do occasionally like to wait and see and I will pass over games for others and just knowing that going back to it may very well be impossible would infuriate me. Would just make buying games a huge chore :/
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."