This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would lack of PS3 BC or used game blocking stop you from buying a PS4?

#51SDFan18Posted 2/11/2013 6:08:53 AM
I'd buy it anyways once the price is right and the games are there.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#52Raptor715Posted 2/11/2013 6:18:15 AM
I have a PS2 and a PS3 already so I could careless about BC and I have never bought a used game.
---
PSN/GT Mythodix
#53rockyminPosted 2/11/2013 6:19:38 AM
Used game blocking doesn't bother me at all. Also, no PS3 BC would be ok with me as long as its BC with PS2 and PS1.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#54Obturator(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:50:13 AM
It would appear that while BC is not an issue for many used game clocking would be a deal breaker for a large portion. I hope sony is listening
---
Yea, I thought so.
#55hockeybub89Posted 2/11/2013 11:52:23 AM
Neither would stop me. And for backwards compatibility, anyone who would not buy a system because it can't play old games is a very strange person.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#56LinkinLawgPosted 2/11/2013 12:07:59 PM
lack of BC, no. Blocking used games, maybe. But I do purchase games I know I will like and be worth the money on Day 1. Otherwise I wait for a sale or price drop. If I can get a used copy for much cheaper, I usually go that route.
---
PSN: LinkinLawg
Not changing this sig until I feel like it
#57triple_leiPosted 2/11/2013 12:44:25 PM
I want it as cheap as possible. Just look at history; the PS2 doesn't play some PS1 games as well as the PS1, the PS3 doesn't play some PS2 games as well as the PS2 (if it even can play those disc games), and the PS Vita's compatibility with PSP games is... well, yeah.

I think I'd be cool with a $350 bundle without BC.
#58MajorZeroPosted 2/11/2013 12:50:46 PM
as long as everything that's available digitally on the ps3 is still available on the ps4 I'll be happy... used game blocking isn't new so I'm fine with it. It's not like i can get a used copy of a game on steam or iTunes...If anything games will be cheaper with the digital market being so saturated.
#59Obturator(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 5:50:50 PM
MajorZero posted...
as long as everything that's available digitally on the ps3 is still available on the ps4 I'll be happy... used game blocking isn't new so I'm fine with it. It's not like i can get a used copy of a game on steam or iTunes...If anything games will be cheaper with the digital market being so saturated.

I dont quite follow the logic. The "digital" market for the PS3 is a closed ecosystem. They are not competing with anyone
---
Yea, I thought so.