This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

gaming is dead if these rumors are true

#41Evel138Posted 2/11/2013 11:15:42 AM
So you are a bleeding heart leftist....got it.

You may have read the book, but its CLEAR that, from your particular point of view, you'd never be able to get it.

Used game buyers should serve their self-interest by saving an OMG five whole dollars by buying used at GS......pirates should serve their self-interest by bottom feeding off the internet......that's fine........just don't cry to me when these evil rich corporations serve their own self-interest by measures such as DRM.

What's makes you any more entitled to sit aloft your moral high-horse? Because you're the downtrodden working man and these corporations already have "multi-billions"?

Please continue to wait for the sad sad serenade of the worlds tiniest violin as played by myself.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Sackboy
http://fav.me/d5qo006
#42nihilist212Posted 2/11/2013 11:19:55 AM
thisranks posted...
I had so many problems installing Sacred 2 thanks to the DRM. I agree there needs to be anti-piracy contingencies, but good lord that was horrible.

Glad i got the PS3 version, too. Auto install, pick character, play. Loved that game.

That said, i don't tend to buy into rumors. I'm willing to wait for the truth no matter how much it might hurt.

This 100%. I don't know why people need to waste time guessing or listenting to rumors. When the PS4 is announced, and all that goes with it is made clear, then people can discuss it and vent and rage and whatever else. Until then, this is all really pointless.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#43king_maddenPosted 2/11/2013 11:37:19 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
king_madden posted...
well how many times has steam servers shut down and people were never able to access their steam games again? does that happen a lot? console gamers seem to feel that if it goes digital only that they would keep servers like they are now, and servers are likely to go out at any second.

also how has it affected pc gamers? pc gamers are the self proclaimed elite, steam sells millions of games, what did it do that higher end requirements didnt help it do to their consumers?

You know maybe if you were smart and weren't supportive of these terrible ideas, you'd be able to comprehend why these ideas are terrible and why people are complaining about how they might actually put DRM and a block on used games for next gen systems.

How has it affected PC gamers? Well gee lets see...how about not being able to play their games if their internet is out for starters? So then it's not just Steam experiencing problems they need to worry about, they need to worry about whether their internet is going to keep working 24/7 or not.

The servers might be able to go on and on and on without ever going offline for any reason, but it's not just the servers, introduce DRM on all forms of gaming, internet goes out, guess what happens there? You can't play at all.

And yes, any server could go out any second, there's absolutely no guarantee that the servers that are online today will still be online tomorrow, so do yourself a favor and quit talking as if Steam, PSN and XboxLive will never go offline if they introduce this garbage bin worthy idea.

Hell the PSN going down for six weeks when it was hacked is more than enough proof that anyone who says Steam/PSN/XboxLive, or even their internet service, will always be online and working is nothing less than a fool.

I always love riddlebox responses, it always shows he/she is such an angry uninformed individual lol.

yes I see its affected pc gamers so much that only 10s of millions of games are sold, they really seem to hate that whole DRM thing.

and what if internet doesnt go out? or what if just like steam you can just set the games to offline mode, and play.

I never said they would never go out, just saying how can you complain that they will when you dont know either? lol funny right?

ah ye olde psn outage, so you are basically saying, because psn went down that a completely different service will surely go down? there are online services that have been on for years with very few issues.

I just think its hilarious people like you love to hear RUMORS, get angry, create more RUMORS and hypothetical situations get more angry, and then rage at other people who say "its whatever", or "lets just see".

Im like a lot of other gamers, most games I dont keep very long, before im on to something new, being able to play a games 5 years from now that I get today really doesnt concern me. as ive stated millions of times, I dont care either way what gaming companies do, this is just a hobby, if it gets to a point I dont like I will simply stop and find something else to do or play old games. Video games arent my life, I dont stress, worry, or waste time protesting all this silly crap.

It may be your life, and you might want it to bend to your every will, but dont whine to people who arent as obsessed as you, and couldnt care less either way. like used games as you know, i would support a dev that wants to get rid of it, but i buy more used than new, if they do that I just wouldnt buy used anymore, thats ok it saves me money.
#44jammiesPosted 2/11/2013 12:24:57 PM
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...
Last time i checked, the PS3 and 360 are almost always connected to the internet somehow, so the whole "Oh, the next xbox has be connected to the internet at all times, booooo" argument is moot. You may not always play online with it, but alsmost every house now has some sort of internet hookup, so it's possible for every system to be hooked up too

Yeah, the only time I ever took mine offline was to play Mercenaries 2 because it has a glitch that won't let you play if you're online. Otherwise mine is always connected.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#45ChaoticKnucklesPosted 2/11/2013 1:42:15 PM
jammies posted...
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...
Last time i checked, the PS3 and 360 are almost always connected to the internet somehow, so the whole "Oh, the next xbox has be connected to the internet at all times, booooo" argument is moot. You may not always play online with it, but alsmost every house now has some sort of internet hookup, so it's possible for every system to be hooked up too

Yeah, the only time I ever took mine offline was to play Mercenaries 2 because it has a glitch that won't let you play if you're online. Otherwise mine is always connected.

Internet =/= high speed or broadband.

and:

Your experience =/= everyone else's.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#46ChaoticKnucklesPosted 2/11/2013 1:43:55 PM
killak posted...
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there a bunch of Xbox games that don't work on 360? From what I understand, it's really hit or miss whether a last gen game you own is going to work or not. If that is indeed the case then it seems like those rumors had some truth to them.

It plays almost 500 games from the xbox library.

My point is that it wasn't going to be at all, then they announced that it would be for Halo and Halo 2, then they made individual emulation settings for every game that it works with.

My entire xbox library, is playable on my 360, with the exception of Steel Battalion, which can't be played without the super joystick, so it's pointless.

Gotcha. I stand corrected.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#47MourningReignsPosted 2/11/2013 1:44:52 PM
My playstation is always online anyways, well except the time the network was hacked. Other than that, It's never offline.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#48secondhand1Posted 2/12/2013 8:50:20 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
No as I said that's the point of the book. That's what it boils down to.

And do I work? Yes I'm a MedTec with the Canadian Forces, I get a salary of 12 hour days 6 days a week since that's what I'm supposed to work. I however often end up working 15-18 hours days because that's my JOB. I go out for field training and do 18-20 hour days everyday for a month because that's my JOB. I go for extra schooling and practical application classes that average 18 hours a day 6 days a week because that's my JOB.

Do I feel like I should be making more since I work more? No. Because its my JOB to do what I do. It's my JOB to save people not make money. That's what I signed up for, that's what I do. Sorry not everyone is such a shallow greedy self centered douche like yourself and Sony. And I'll tell you and Sony the same thing I tell every wash out here. If you only value value your life and worth of your job based on monetary value you make. Your a pathetic excuse for a person.

If you weren't in the military, you'd be receiving ample compensation for the overtime you put in. It has nothing to do with your moral fiber or love for your job.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.