This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For people who dont trade in their games, Why do you not trade them in?

#21este914Posted 2/11/2013 5:54:31 AM
vr6exyvr6exy posted...
topic

u?
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#22djrudenPosted 2/11/2013 6:06:57 AM
Only time I ever did a trade-in deal was back in the NES day and I remember the prices I got for those games and ave since regretting it.

The payback is just not worth it when I do go back and play old games. I know have a fiar collection that dates back to my NES playing days.

I don't exactly need the money and I play almost all my games at the very least to completion of the story. If the gameplay is good then I often keep playing to get extra trophies or whatever the game offers for post game.
#23canton kidPosted 2/11/2013 6:12:23 AM
i never used to sell my games, then i ended up with like 700+ and was like "ill never play half again"
---
psn/wiiu: flyingdragon_903
3ds: 0259-0302-8546
#24LionheartCJPosted 2/11/2013 6:15:15 AM
I used to do it during the PS2 era, but i learnt that you get ripped off/nowhere near enough money, so i just keep them now.

I actually want a semi decent collection of games this gen, PS1 and PS2 were modded so i only had copies of most games
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSWXqC7Dlhs - The Legend Of Don Piano
#25KadiroKapiraPosted 2/11/2013 6:21:08 AM
Two reasons...

First, I like collecting games and often enough, I go back and play through older games.

Second, I lend/swap games with friends and family all the time.
---
"Final Fantasy Versus 13: Fact or Fiction - You be the judge!"
http://psnprofiles.com/Kadiro_Kapira
#26Merc123Posted 2/11/2013 8:03:25 AM
I used to trade games in but the trade in credit is crap, especially at gamestop. I got tired of having to trade in 5 or 6 games just to be able to afford a new game, or two newer games to afford a new game. Also the fact that they act like 35 trade in credit 3 days after a game comes out is a good deal is beyond me.

I also like having them around, if i get the urge to play them again.
#27bigdeezPosted 2/11/2013 8:06:59 AM
1. I'm a collector. you know like the movie the collector.
2. I don't want trophy's for games i don't own, its a pet peeve
3. DLC that releases later on
4. I will trade it in if the game is really really bad. *cough Aliens vs Predator 2010*
---
My top 5 games this gen
RDR - Dead Space 3 - MGS 4 - Fallout 3 - Bioshock
#28silenthill4vidPosted 2/11/2013 8:11:28 AM
i collect and in know i'll end up wanting to play them or obsess over them if i did surrender them.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#29gambit444Posted 2/11/2013 8:17:11 AM
I would rather not gain the $1 they would give me in the off chance-chance that i might wanna play it again. It's like gaming insurance.
---
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
#30spectralPosted 2/11/2013 8:25:29 AM
First I dont anymore because I did in the PSone days and got rid of a lot of games I wish i hadn't. But at the time I was young, money was limited and it was my only way to get some of the newer games I wanted. Even if that wasn't an issue though I still wouldn't now. The price of games in actual stores is massively inflated compared to getting it online from Amazon,etc. Usually if I wait a month or so after launch most games are cheaper than they would be in store even with the trade in value of a couple of games put towards the cost.