This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For people who dont trade in their games, Why do you not trade them in?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. For people who dont trade in their games, Why do you not trade them in?

User Info: este914

este914
3 years ago#21
vr6exyvr6exy posted...
topic

u?
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !

User Info: djruden

djruden
3 years ago#22
Only time I ever did a trade-in deal was back in the NES day and I remember the prices I got for those games and ave since regretting it.

The payback is just not worth it when I do go back and play old games. I know have a fiar collection that dates back to my NES playing days.

I don't exactly need the money and I play almost all my games at the very least to completion of the story. If the gameplay is good then I often keep playing to get extra trophies or whatever the game offers for post game.

User Info: canton kid

canton kid
3 years ago#23
i never used to sell my games, then i ended up with like 700+ and was like "ill never play half again"
psn/wiiu: flyingdragon_903
3ds: 0259-0302-8546

User Info: LionheartCJ

LionheartCJ
3 years ago#24
I used to do it during the PS2 era, but i learnt that you get ripped off/nowhere near enough money, so i just keep them now.

I actually want a semi decent collection of games this gen, PS1 and PS2 were modded so i only had copies of most games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSWXqC7Dlhs - The Legend Of Don Piano

User Info: KadiroKapira

KadiroKapira
3 years ago#25
Two reasons...

First, I like collecting games and often enough, I go back and play through older games.

Second, I lend/swap games with friends and family all the time.
"Final Fantasy Versus 13: Fact or Fiction - You be the judge!"
http://psnprofiles.com/Kadiro_Kapira

User Info: Merc123

Merc123
3 years ago#26
I used to trade games in but the trade in credit is crap, especially at gamestop. I got tired of having to trade in 5 or 6 games just to be able to afford a new game, or two newer games to afford a new game. Also the fact that they act like 35 trade in credit 3 days after a game comes out is a good deal is beyond me.

I also like having them around, if i get the urge to play them again.

User Info: bigdeez

bigdeez
3 years ago#27
1. I'm a collector. you know like the movie the collector.
2. I don't want trophy's for games i don't own, its a pet peeve
3. DLC that releases later on
4. I will trade it in if the game is really really bad. *cough Aliens vs Predator 2010*
My top 5 games this gen
RDR - Dead Space 3 - MGS 4 - Fallout 3 - Bioshock

User Info: silenthill4vid

silenthill4vid
3 years ago#28
i collect and in know i'll end up wanting to play them or obsess over them if i did surrender them.
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.

User Info: gambit444

gambit444
3 years ago#29
I would rather not gain the $1 they would give me in the off chance-chance that i might wanna play it again. It's like gaming insurance.
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

User Info: spectral

spectral
3 years ago#30
First I dont anymore because I did in the PSone days and got rid of a lot of games I wish i hadn't. But at the time I was young, money was limited and it was my only way to get some of the newer games I wanted. Even if that wasn't an issue though I still wouldn't now. The price of games in actual stores is massively inflated compared to getting it online from Amazon,etc. Usually if I wait a month or so after launch most games are cheaper than they would be in store even with the trade in value of a couple of games put towards the cost.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. For people who dont trade in their games, Why do you not trade them in?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived